Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each (50750 Views)

Ihedioha Demolishes Freedom Park That Okorocha Built (Photos) / Man Enters Gutter To Celebrate Okorocha’s Defeat, Says “Imo Is Free” / Okorocha: I Don't Know If Rainfall In Imo Is Acidic, It Has Destroyed All Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by obailala(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
How could any right thinking human with a sound mind actually think those statues (which aren't even the size of the Statue of Liberty) could cost up to N520million each?

Whilst the statues still remain unnecessary and whilst I still believe a more substantial sum must have been pocketed in the moulding of those statues (definitely more than N500k), it still remains a fact that a lot of Nigerians are just too dumb for either generating or believing or spreading that N520million silly story.
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by 1miccza: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
obailala:
Whilst the statues still remain unnecessary and whilst I still believe a more substantial sum must have been pocketed in the moulding of those statues (definitely more than N500k), it still remains a fact that a lot of Nigerians are just too dumb for either generating or spreading that N520million silly story. How could any human with a sound mind actually think a statue cost N520million?

You would be surprised at the miracles that our politicians can perform when it comes to finances , have you forgotten that he couldn't defend the purchase of a christmas tree for 600million??

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by speaktome(m): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
Holluwaphlexy:
hmmmmmmm...... Check below for your plumbing work
Can you do galvanized piping... All threaded... If yes, I will like to work with you as a fellow Nairalander...

Contact me through my signature

#MySignatureMyBusiness
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Enyamfelix(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
did only use sand and water and did not care to pay for workmanship?
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by tiwiex(m): 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
teresafaith:
I believe him, cos I don't think anyone with his or her brains intact is going to pay 520m for that shiite
I don't know how much a statue costs but if is a lot of art. 500k is too too low for each statue. Knowing how we even handle third party contracts in Nigeria, are we saying someone did all that wahala for 100k profit assuming a statue costs 400k each.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
IMO =THE STATUE STATE ANAMBRA=LIGHT OF THE NATION.
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by millomaniac: 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
greatermax77:
Wether 500k or 520 million. Rochas Okorocha still need deliverance;
Every spirit of eracting statues when Imo state workers & pensioners are not paid be cast out in Jesus name!

Amen !!!

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Martin0(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
QueenSekxy:
angry so does it mean S.Paddy lied to usundecided

the person that was given the contract told us it was 5m each

now, another lie...

God,why am I a Nigerian embarassed

hahahahahah na now ur eye open abigringringrin

Well I believ u will start planing like me, "Relocate"
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by obailala(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2017
1miccza:

You would be surprised at the miracles that our politician scan perform when it comes to finances , have you forgotten that he couldn't defend the purchase of a christmas tree for 600million??
The real question to ask is, where did the figure come from?... Where did the N600million figure originate from? Anyone could just sit behind their laptop and claim N10billion was spent on christmas tree. Was the figure picked up from a budget document or was it from some gutter blog?..

With the rate at which any idiot can just churn out any report online and call it news, do you spare a second to consider how incredulous a figure sounds before even dignifying it with arguments?... Same way someone claimed $90billion was recovered from 1 person and people started discussing the nonsense with 'utmost seriousness'
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by isalegan2: 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
greatermax77:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6302985_20171118164949_jpeg687a0efe8b3f8ca6fbd076062b2995fd

So Rochas Okorocha is even a good catholic. So why do people call him Okoroawusa and claim he is a secret Muslim? undecided
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by naija247: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
How much was spent during their commision?
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by bobofellaini(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
Chai! See the place like burial ground.
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by MikeAdex3(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
I don't believe this
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Beryl007: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
Oga o.. Meanwhile *For your Borehole Drilling and Geophysical Survey at Reasonable Price....Contact us @ SDU Geology Firm...via call and whatsapp : 09035560780 Email: samueladeyemia9@gmail.com. We are at your Service at Ogun State, Oyo State , Lagos State, Osun State, Ekiti State and environs
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by edibobo: 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
Imo State should be renamed "State of Tombstones"

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by abraka00(f): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
Pure lie. The one of my late grandmother, just the head, cost #150,000.00 and was done by a family friend.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by greendemocrats: 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
Can I be paid by Okorocheat to build more statutes. How do I apply? Biko!!!!

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by kikake: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
Abagworo:

https://guardian.ng/news/n500000-was-spent-on-statue-says-governor-okorochas-aide/

Statues for Okorocha's Capital City.

Stories from a state governor who blatantly and maliciously refuses that any other town outside his state capital shall see development.
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by AFONJACOW(m): 6:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
Cockroach okoroawusa tell us another lies...
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by AFONJACOW(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
cockroach okoroawusa should come and collect 500k and erect one on my name grin grin grin I need it around control junction or Douglas
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by kikake: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
No right thinking human being irrespective of any walks in life will support Rochas Okorocha on this even if the statue is 1k (kobo)

with so much unpaid salaries, lack of infrastructure I mean what are we talking about

This is a very heartless project!

Lack of infrastructure in Imo?

But Rochas is building ten-lane roads and flyovers in Owerri - like it is in Ikorodu Road, Lagos;
while rest of Imo state has no more roads.

Rochas even puts metal decorations rooftops on top of Owerri roads.
Lagos has 15 million population. Owerri has less than 1 million population; on weekends and festive days, nearly 3/4 of the population in Owerri leave for the hinterland.
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Imo1stson: 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
obailala:
How could any right thinking human with a sound mind actually think those statues (which aren't even the size of the Statue of Liberty) could cost up to N520million each?

Whilst the statues still remain unnecessary and whilst I still believe a more substantial sum must have been pocketed in the moulding of those statues (definitely more than N500k), it still remains a fact that a lot of Nigerians are just too dumb for either generating or believing or spreading that N520million silly story.

The statues didn't even cost up to 500k but rather slightly above 400k. The fake news of 520 million was started by one AIC Akwarandu on facebook and he does dish out lies which Vanguard and Punch that has PDP correspondents would publish. Even the lie of 600m Xmas tree was from same source. This year they've perfected plans to publish that 850 million was used for Xmas decorations. Okorocha just doesn't like to engage the liars because he believes the people on ground will always know the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
I seriously doubt APC will achieve anything since the inception of this administration because if they are not lying, they are busy defending a lie or blaming the opposition for their predicament.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Holluwaphlexy(m): 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
speaktome:

Can you do galvanized piping... All threaded... If yes, I will like to work with you as a fellow Nairalander...

Contact me through my signature

#MySignatureMyBusiness
sure boss
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Olulinks(m): 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
teresafaith:
I believe him, cos I don't think anyone with his or her brains intact is going to pay 520m for that shiite
Politicians brains ain't intact dear.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Topestbilly(m): 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2017
Holluwaphlexy:
hmmmmmmm...... My GOD two ftc today alone ,after spending close to six years of this forum today can't be any sweeter....i already know this is a front page material ever since i set my eyes on it...... Ogalala wey my gift Check below for your plumbing work

It shows you're less busy today.
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by Abagworo(m): 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
Imo1stson:

The statues didn't even cost up to 500k but rather slightly above 400k. The fake news of 520 million was started by one AIC Akwarandu on facebook and he does dish out lies which Vanguard and Punch that has PDP correspondents would publish. Even the lie of 600m Xmas tree was from same source. This year they've perfected plans to publish that 850 million was used for Xmas decorations. Okorocha just doesn't like to engage the liars because he believes the people on ground will always know the truth.

Don't mind them. Rumours cannot swing the people's love.
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by brojoshua: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Let the people of the state elect a better governor when next they have opportunity to do or even remove this one before he uses the whole money of the state to build status of corruption African leaders and gods of corruption which he worships
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by tola268: 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
teresafaith:
Some Governors are the most problem of Nigeria
Re: The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each by bluecircle470: 12:06am On Nov 24, 2017
greatermax77:
Wether 500k or 520 million. Rochas Okorocha still need deliverance;
Every spirit of eracting statues when Imo state workers & pensioners are not paid be cast out in Jesus name!

like every others governor in Nigeria too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / Buhari Extends Eased Lockdown By 4 Weeks / Buhari & Tinubu: Outgoing President Leading The Way For The Incoming President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.