Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More (3265 Views)

Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary / Kenyan Girl Hits The Streets In Uniform With Placard To Beg For Her School Fees / List Of Universities In Nigeria That Offer Admission Without JAMB True or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More by Hintboy: 11:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nigeria is a blessed country. We are blessed with diverse rich culture and food. Nigerians both at home and the diaspora always love their food because of how unique and delicious it is. You are free to add to the list because this list is based on my research. Feel free to salivate…. It’s allowed.
RICE AND STEW
This happens to be my second favourite meal funny enough. It is called Sunday food by most people because although people prepare rice and stew on a normal day, it is most commonly prepared on Sundays.
The rice is boiled white and served with stew made from tomatoes and other ingredients. I did a research on how different people prepare stew and it turns out that there are different ways of making stew.
But 70% of Nigerians prepare is with tomato, onion, vegetable oil/palm oil. It’s definitely one of the most popular foods in Nigeria.
POUNDED YAM
Pounded yam is one of the most popular foods in Nigeria. What Nigerian man hates pounded yam? We don’t joke with our pounded yam.
It is best served with delicious soups like ukazi soup, eguisi soup, ogbono soup, oha soup, afang soup, I can go on and on but I am pretty sure you get the picture I am trying to paint.
Where I come from, the yam is pounded together with plantain and palm oil. Eat this dish I doubt u will be hungry for hours because it is filling. It is called onunu.
BEANS AND DODO
Beans and dodo is one of the most popular foods in Nigeria. Dodo is also called fried plantain. Ask most guys now in Nigeria what their best meal is, they will gladly tell you it is beans and dodo.
I was shocked when I was watching an interview on tv, a South African that visited Nigeria was asked his favourite meal in Nigeria and he said beans and plantain.
Read more @
http://www.hintword.ga/2017/11/most-popular-foods-in-nigeria-that-will.html?m=1
Re: Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More by femi4: 5:52am On Nov 24, 2017
4. Jollof rice & Moinmoin
Re: Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More by KARDEMARH: 7:20am On Nov 24, 2017
Bread and Beans....
Re: Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More by Oyerinde16(m): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/4192730/kwara-state-nairaland-pool-party

Hello guys, I and a group of friends will be organizing a fun filled nairaland pool party in ilorin, kwara state come next month, plans and logistics are already underway. we have decided to.

1. Create publicity for the event.
2. Invite nairalanders who would love to participate in one way or the other, in planning.
3. Give opportunity to up coming artist to show themselves
4. Up coming comedians, Dancers (groups) as well
5. D.Js, Vickers etc. kindly note 3-5 who are selected to perform will be paid a token or honorarium.
6. We welcome promoters, sponsors and those who would want to advertise their products goods and services to basically youth (target audience)
7. we welcome good ideas, advice.

The party will be a bonding of nairalanders in kwara state. not affiliated to any political party, religious organization, tribe culture or any social vice, we are only gathering to make friends and catch fun in preparation or as part of the festive season.

On the big day we hope to paint nairaland red and shut it down or bring it to a stand still ensuring Nigerians feel kwara is a state to reckon with in terms of youth and social activities.

While publicity can go on in other platforms, interested participants/sponsors can call DOTUN on +2348165545018 (Whats app) or mail Oydotun@gmail.com or TAOFIK on +2348037884055 (Whats app).

Let the preparation begin

Date and time, venue, activity of events will be updated here and other platforms in December at least 5 days to the main events
Suggestions and comment will be replied here, Thanks.
CC lalasticlala
Mydn
Re: Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 24, 2017
Re: Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More by Thukzee01(m): 10:46am On Nov 24, 2017
I see it buh i no beg .

(1) (Reply)

2018 Nigerian Nursing Schools Application Forms - Updates / UNN 2018/2019 Primary Admission List…. Click To View More / Lists: The 1000 Staff Sacked In Ekiti State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.