Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? (13960 Views)

Port Harcourt 7pm Curfew: Residents Trapped In Traffic Gridlock: Pics & Video / A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Ayblaize(m): 12:21am On Nov 24, 2017
I'd recall me using almost 3hours from Sango to Abk some months ago. But I have ogas, especially lagosians wink,tell us your experience.

2 Shares

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by olumidazz: 12:36am On Nov 24, 2017
Traffic home old lekki/Ajah road 10 hours

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by obataokenwa(m): 12:57am On Nov 24, 2017
Was in Lagos last two months... Traffic at Volts and Costain nearly made me suffocate. Right now going to Lagos scares me.

I spent two weeks in Lagos, the stress I experienced within those period; I've never seen such here in Abuja for the past years. I was on traffic for whole five hours just to cross over to Agbara that's not up to twenty minutes drive.

Suffering dey that state.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by darkenkach(m): 1:00am On Nov 24, 2017
Abuja/Lokoja road. Was in traffic for 8hours.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Ayblaize(m): 1:16am On Nov 24, 2017
olumidazz:

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by komia: 4:48am On Nov 24, 2017
March 11 2011. I was driving from Saitama to Tokyo when the great earthquake came. 8 hours in total

22 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Lexusgs430: 5:14am On Nov 24, 2017
On a trip from Ibadan - Lagos....... Was cruising steadily till I got to redeem/mowe axis.....

That's where my Jaguar became a snail........ Took me 6 hours to get to the Western Avenue turn off (I wished I strapped my helicopter to my roof).........

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by edoman2016: 10:56am On Nov 24, 2017
I spent 20hours on traffic at Lagos-Ibadan expressway. I was coming from OAU after my exams to Lagos on December, 2006. During the period, Redeemed church was having a crusade at their prayer camp and the whole buses coming from different parts of Nigeria jammed together at Redeemed camp on Lagos Ibadan expressway. It was a serious traffic and no mobility of cars and vehicle throughout the day.

Our bus got to Redeemed camp on Lagos Ibadan expressway by 1pm and we left that same spot by 10:30am the next morning. I can never forget the travel experience on that day. Because all passengers slept in their buses overnight on the expressway. Street hawkers began to sell pure water at 20 naira and bottle water at 100 naira in the night.

Traffic begins to ease when government sent Nigeria army the next morning. Trust Nigeria Army, they did a very good job compared to Federal Road Safety Corp.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by rawpadgin(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2017
Was on my was to Lagos from benin, traffic was crazy we had to come down from the vehicle and trekked for almost 3hours

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by ShitHead(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2017
Three hours plus on third-mainland bridge. A journey of 15 mins from office to mainland.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Zeuz007: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2017
Rumokoro, Two cars got spoilt in the middle of the road. We wasted an hour there cry

Meanwhile my uncle picked a fight with me not knowing how evil I can be. I'm going to steal his phone and save my two numbers as Jenny Sweet and Naomi big Brezz, then repeatedly call him and hang up at 3 am.

I'll let his wife fight him for me cheesycheesy I dont fight with my elders.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2017
9hours.
On my bed tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by wunmi590(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2017
Honestly we still have a long way to go in this country.

I guess Lagos to Abeokuta 7hours

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by NwaAmaikpe: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2017
shocked

Question: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where?

Answer: 9months; from heaven to being born into that hell shithole called Nigeria.

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Hardeybohwarley(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2017
Over an hour, from Oshodi to Ikeja Along, alone. The worst part was my uncle constant call, I was like kilode.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by MhizzAJ(f): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2017
I don't experience traffic where i am
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by ghiloman28(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2017
6hrs
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by wunmi590(m): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
olumidazz:

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by xynerise: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
2 hours along Badagry Exp. Way from Mile 2 to Iyana iba

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
Eve of ileya, muslim ed el kabril or so. Every year in lagos, is always a disaster. If you are not careful, you will enter your house the following day when everyone is just waking up. I just dont know why?
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by geostrata(m): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
12 hours n I bn dy go my babe house o angry
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by geoworldedu: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
Deeperlife people hooked up the road at Lagos Ibadan expressway, from afternoon till next day. I gat sleep on the road till next day to continue my journey to Ibadan. Religion can cause hold up sha.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by angelboy01(m): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
Spent 4 hours at Ewekoro Larfarge road some last year just because they were making a road only to discover later that they were only pouring crushed stones there. angry sad angry

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by saydfact(m): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
third mainland bridge - that year - omo na like 3 hours oohhh
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by anonymuz(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:
On a trip from Ibadan - Lagos....... Was cruising steadily till I got to redeem/mowe axis.....

That's where my Jaguar became a snail........ Took me 6 hours to get to the Western Avenue turn off (I wished I strapped my helicopter to my roof).........
my brother that place na die o especially when redeemd and mountain of fire dey do programme

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by sirfee(m): 11:29am On Nov 24, 2017
Ayblaize:
I'd recall me using almost 3hours from Sango to Abk some months ago. But I have ogas, especially lagosians wink,tell us your experience.

Lagos is the headquarter of traffic..Iyana iba,volts,costain etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by purem(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2017
obataokenwa:
Was in Lagos last two months... Traffic at Volts and Costain nearly made me suffocate. Right now going to Lagos scares me.

I spent two weeks in Lagos, the stress I experienced within those period; I've never seen such here in Abuja for the past years. I was on traffic for whole five hours just to cross over to Agbara that's not up to twenty minutes drive.

Suffering dey that state.

Werey how many ppl dey da ur abj wey suffering no dey embarassed

All u people using Lagos has ur business state and using Abuja has a home state and now cursing Lagos una go soon cast

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by kay29000(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2017
While driving, 8 hours. I left surulere in Lagos around 4pm but got home (Idimu-Lagos) around 11:50pm. I think it was around 2006 or so, I can't remember. Traffic on Ikorodu road, then Traffic around Ikeja GRA, then traffic on Lagos Abeokuta road, then Akowonjo traffic. Before I faced Idimu-Egebda traffic because of the road repair that was going on on the road back then.

While traveling in a bus? Like 14 hours. Lagos to Anambra, which should have been just 7 hours. Ore traffic was bloody. We left Lagos around 8am and got to Onitsha around 10am. I had to sleep in the park till the next day. That was back in 2007, during my NYSC.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2017
BETWEEN 1999-2015 ADDRESS: 419, PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC PARTY CITY: BAD ADMINISTRATION STATE CAPITAL; ABUJA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident At Ojuwo-olijo In Kogi, Car Burnt (Photos) / Jakpa To Bolivia / Xenophobia: Nigerians Hail Allen Onyema, Air Peace For Airlifting 187 Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.