Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Who Is Allah Talking To In Surah 2: 240 ? Muslims Pls Help Me Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Allah Talking To In Surah 2: 240 ? Muslims Pls Help Me Out (460 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me / Pastor Adeboye: "I'm Talking To My Children Not You" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Allah Talking To In Surah 2: 240 ? Muslims Pls Help Me Out by desmond2pk: 6:05am On Nov 24, 2017
"And those who die among you and leave behind (their) wives (should make) a will for their wives, provision for the year without driving (them) out. But if they leave then no blame upon you in what they do concerning themselves [of] honorably. And Allah (is) All-Mighty, All-Wise." 2:240

A lot of things are confusing in the koran but this verse is more confusing.
Who is giving instructions here? " ANd those who die among you and leave behind their wives"
Is allah talking to expired people or living people?
" but if they leave then no blame upon you in what they do concerning themselves"
Very confusing
Re: Who Is Allah Talking To In Surah 2: 240 ? Muslims Pls Help Me Out by Antina(f): 6:58am On Nov 24, 2017
You are more confused than confusion itself, though acceptable!!!.

Go and read your "native" language version. You will get better!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Allah Talking To In Surah 2: 240 ? Muslims Pls Help Me Out by olasaad(f): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2017
The verse is talking about inheritance. How the deceased family(wife and children) should be taking care of after the demise of the man who is the head of the family. But this apply to the widow who still live in the deceased home after completing her waiting period.

But if the widow decide to leave the dead man house after her waiting period that means the deceased family have nothing to do with her up keeping again.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Allah Talking To In Surah 2: 240 ? Muslims Pls Help Me Out by desmond2pk: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2017
Yes I know. Is he talking to a death husband or a would be death husband or the family of the death husband? That's exactly where there is confusing.
To me, it sounds Like he was talking to the death here.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are There Plenty Muslims In Israel / Sometimes We Lose A War To Win A Battle. / The Tithing Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.