Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina (620 Views)

I Never Sacked 3,500 Workers – Ihedioha Replies Hope Uzodinma / Mainagate: Dambazzau Absent As Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / #MainaGate: One Scandal Too Many For Buhari’s Administration – Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina by Mak4web(m): 6:06am On Nov 24, 2017
Speaking at yesterday’s hearing organised by the adhoc committee, Maina, who was represented by his lawyer, Mr. Muhammed Katu, shocked the lawmakers with the declaration that he was never sacked by any government, contrary to the submissions of the Head of Service and the Chairman of the Federal Service Commission. Put succinctly, Katu said that Maina was still discharging his duties for the federal government, even up to October, 2017 and pleaded for more time to tender evidence. He added that Maina disappeared because of the threat to his life, saying with time, he (Maina) would likely appear before the committee to testify. Katu also asked the committee to protect Maina from arrest to enable him appear.
He said: “I will tell you categorically that Maina was not dismissed. There are procedures for everything. He still worked for the federal government after his purported dismissal. It is not true for anybody to say that Maina was dismissed from Civil Service. “By tomorrow, we will show you documents; I will go further to let you know that files were sent to Maina, even as at last month, for him to treat. 23 files were sent to him to minute in his capacity as Acting Director. There was a matter in court.

•I don’t know how Maina was reinstatement —AGF
•He wrote us through FCSC —HoS insists
•We‘ve no hand in his reinstatement— Interior Minister
•222 recovered properties shared by EFCC— Senate C’ttee
•No 222 pension properties to share — EFCC

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/never-sacked-still-active-service-says-maina-malami-eyo-ita-differ/
Re: Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:12am On Nov 24, 2017
When Fela's mother was attacked. OBJ's govt conducted investigations. Their conclusion was unknown soldiers. It was years later that Mustapha Jokolo (former ADC to Buhari) admitted that the order was given by TY Danjuma. Today we have an unknown letter. Maina reinstated himself
Re: Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina by Mobuoy19: 6:13am On Nov 24, 2017
Active in exile! Only in Nigeria...

We're watching shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina by hakimi1974(m): 6:15am On Nov 24, 2017
this season 3 of, maina and the pension thieves go sweet pass game of thrones ooo.
Re: Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 24, 2017
Mak4web:
Speaking at yesterday’s hearing organised by the adhoc committee, Maina, who was represented by his lawyer, Mr. Muhammed Katu, shocked the lawmakers with the declaration that he was never sacked by any government, contrary to the submissions of the Head of Service and the Chairman of the Federal Service Commission. Put succinctly, Katu said that Maina was still discharging his duties for the federal government, even up to October, 2017 and pleaded for more time to tender evidence. He added that Maina disappeared because of the threat to his life, saying with time, he (Maina) would likely appear before the committee to testify. Katu also asked the committee to protect Maina from arrest to enable him appear.
He said: “I will tell you categorically that Maina was not dismissed. There are procedures for everything. He still worked for the federal government after his purported dismissal. It is not true for anybody to say that Maina was dismissed from Civil Service. “By tomorrow, we will show you documents; I will go further to let you know that files were sent to Maina, even as at last month, for him to treat. 23 files were sent to him to minute in his capacity as Acting Director. There was a matter in court.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/never-sacked-still-active-service-says-maina-malami-eyo-ita-differ/
Do we need any other proof that PMB is no longer in charge of his government? His orders and directives are being flagrantly ignored by powerful members of his cabinet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina by ivandragon: 6:29am On Nov 24, 2017
this is all drama.

why would the Senate allow Maina's lawyer to represent him?

is this not the same Senate that would refuse to seat of the head of an agency fails to appear before it & sends a high powered delegation instead?

they should save us all the hanky panky.
Re: Mainagate: I Was Never Sacked, Still In Active Service, Says Maina by Mynd44: 6:31am On Nov 24, 2017

(1)

Difference Btw Zimbabwe And Nigeria / Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ / Secret Recording Spy Pen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.