Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) (1999 Views)

Ooni Of Ife welcomes 6th Wife to Palace (pics) / Moment Oba Of Lagos Returned To His Palace After Two Months (Video) / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2017
I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace, Has The Benin Tradition Been Amended?

There's a serious arguement on internet over The Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty, Oba Ewuare II, historic visit to Abuja.

What's your take on this?

Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 24, 2017
more

Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Mod can help push to front page
cc
lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by Skyfornia(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Oba no dey go to court abi I lie?...Harrysong come answer o!
Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by KardinalZik(m): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2017
The Oba even has some self-worth.

He's still better than some traditional rulers in Delta State that bow/prostrate to Governors.
Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by ifyan(m): 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
Change is constant, you know culture is not excluded.

My humble opinion
Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
ifyan:
Change is constant, you know culture is not excluded.

My humble opinion
The Oba of Benin not leaving his palace is not cultural, it is a choice, a protest against the forceful seizing of his Kingdom by the british to include it in the british colony "nigeria". Contrary to what most of you think, culture and history didn't begin with the arrival of the british.
Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by ifyan(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
@historyworld030

Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by innobets(m): 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
a
Re: I Thought They Said The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace? (pics) by Flexherbal(m): 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
historyworld030:

The Oba of Benin not leaving his palace is not cultural, it is a choice, a protest against the forceful seizing of his Kingdom by the british to include it in the british colony "nigeria". Contrary to what most of you think, culture and history didn't begin with the arrival of the british.

We need to learn more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chief Ayirimi Emami, The ‘ologbotsere Of Warri Pictured Feeding The River gods / Yoruba Orisha / Are We Akwa-cross Or Eno Iboku or Eburutu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.