Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone (36797 Views)

Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored / American ATM Dispenses 100$ To Customers Instead Of 20$ / Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Armorall: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
The woman is a Liar. Look well you will observe a Take Away Foil Pack that she took some of the Potatoes from. Also inside that same pack, the Phone is in there.
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by ehbellsho(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
So oyinbo too sabi dis kind brain... God punish d devil
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by maisauki: 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
was she really swindled or she's lookin for attention
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Lorechino(m): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
Scarpon:
Ahhh funkee! Funkee!!

Good news na you?
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by kachinwa: 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
Black Friday

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Some people are so clever in conning people cheesy why didn't she open it to check in his presence, she should make chips and chill out

The seller will fess give u iPhone 6 and after u have looked at it, u will give them back to them to put it in a waterproof and give u.......... Thats when the swapping tinz takes place.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by goaldynman(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
"And to add apparent insult to apparent injury, the scammer packed an Android charger in the box with the potatoes."

I could not control my laughter when I read to this point!

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by gaffyGIFT: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
AAAAAAH LOL...............

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by obonujoker(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
ah don laff tire inside BRT.....
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by 0nyedikachukwu: 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
she should take heart and just eat the potatoes. she can't waste $100. besides, buying potatoes for $100 is an achievement for her.
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
WunderGist:
The shopping extravaganza following Thanksgiving 2017 - Woman 'deceived' into purchasing 11 potatoes for $100 rather than the iPhone 6 publicized

A woman claims to have been ‘tricked’ after buying an iPhone 6 in a Black Friday deal and somehow getting a box of potatoes instead.

While the annual Black Friday sales can be a golden opportunity to grab a bargain, the woman from Wisconsin also found they're a great opportunity for scammers and conmen to strike.

In a viral video originally posted on LiveLeak, the unknown woman says she saw a black truck with balloons and Black Friday posters driving around her neighbourhood in Milwaukee.

She says the vehicle was filled with gadgets, clothes and accessories, and she thought she’d struck a bargain when the driver agreed to sell her the phone for just $100 – around £80.

But when she got home, she says she was horrified to find she’d been swindled and the box was actually filled with 11 chopped pieces of potato.

“They have everything you could name: clothes, shoes, watches, purse, bundles of hair, DVDs, CDs – everything – phones, laptops,” she says on the video, which has been viewed more than 60,000 times.

“So I ask the guy about the iPhone 6 and he’s like, ‘Ah yeah, today, I will give it to you for $100.’

“He hands me an iPhone 6, I’m playing with it, turning it around, checking it.

“I ask him to call the phone and he showed me the number and I’m like, ‘Cool, it’s legit. It’s ringing. It’s working. I want it.’

“Right? Wrong. He turns around and puts the phone in the box with a piece of paper, he hands it to me, I hand him the money, I get in my car and drive home.

“I sit at my kitchen table about to play with the phone… The box is heavy, and I get home, and this n****r sold me a box of potatoes!”

And to add apparent insult to apparent injury, the scammer packed an Android charger in the box with the potatoes.

“What the heck am I supposed to do with this?” the woman yelled on the video.

“I am so hurt right now imma have to go to jail, imma go outside and imma find these old n*****s. What am I supposed to do with – oh you almost made me cuss.”

It is unknown what device the woman used to film the evidence of her apparent scam before it was uploaded to LiveLeak.

UK consumer watchdog Which? said to get the best deals on Black Friday, shoppers had to prepare thoroughly, research products beforehand and be wary of unusual brands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N9ulPXmQfQ

Madam you need to thank God that you got potatoes in that box. At least you can eat them. Come to Ikeja computer village and you'll know that those guys over there are generous. Here we receive stale fufu for the price of a Samsung galaxy s7.
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by UncleJudax(m): 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
ivolt:

She did, it was while repackaging that the phone was swapped.
Dont allow repacking shocked
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
grin SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE ENTERED THE KITCHEN IN THE FIRST PLACE. SHE ENTERED THE KITCHEN AND WAS EXPECTING IPHONE 8 TO APPEAR AND SHE FORGOT POTATOES BELONG TO THE KITCHEN
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by boujeeassnigga(m): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
The woman is way too slow. DAMN
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by dacanv(m): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
Was it at least deep fried?
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by AFONJACOW(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
make she enjoy the potatoes atleast she got something to Cheer up... she no know cheap things they purge
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
Computer village developers are in town. grin
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
ivolt:

She did, it was while repackaging that the phone was swapped.
well, though I see no reason why she can't collect the phone and its charger.... leaving him with the pack.... just say... abi...
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by asagbaesiri: 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
enjoy your ipotatoes!!!! next time,shine your eyes!!!!
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
awon omo mi awon stubborn. dem don karry naija style international.
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Alday: 7:15am On Nov 25, 2017
Naff24:

Let Segun Egbegbe catch you grin

Developers, skull miners and supporter of APC all have embassies, consulates and even envoys abroad
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by mechanics(m): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
Too bad, she should have opened it before paying.
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by boss01: 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Black Friday indeed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts / Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman / Looking For A Business Plan? Here Are 100 FREE Samples And Templates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.