Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control (638 Views)

Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is / Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: / To All Auto Experts In The House!advise Me Plssssssssss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control by diehard1: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2010
Have a 2000 nissan maxima. Each time i apply brakes at high speed my steering/brake pedal shakes and the wheels will veer to any side it chooses. I have done allignment and balancing all to no avail.
Re: Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control by octar6: 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
some questions need 2b answerd? how long have u used ur car?did u change ur rims 2 alloy rims b4 u started noticing this change?what type of transmission do u use.ie automatic or manual?.
Re: Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control by sultaan(m): 2:21am On Mar 26, 2010
Warped rotors, need new brakes and rotors,
or new brakes and resurface rotors based on thickness.
option 1 is the best, don't overtighten wheels
Re: Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control by diehard1: 10:49am On Mar 26, 2010
octar6:

some questions need 2b answerd? how long have u used your car?did u change your rims 2 alloy rims b4 u started noticing this change?what type of transmission do u use.ie automatic or manual?.
.The RIMs have always been alloy and GXE model, transmission is auto.
sultaan:

Warped rotors, need new brakes and rotors,
or new brakes and resurface rotors based on thickness.
option 1 is the best, don't overtighten wheels

I will try this out,
Re: Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control by Onwan: 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2010
@Sultaan
Thanks for that input. The rotors are my first check; they need to be replaced or resurfaced - I think a good job should be about 1k or 1.5k for the resurfacing per rotor.
Re: Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control by Articlife: 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
@Diehard1.

I had a similar problem on my Renault Laguna. Though they are not the same  cars, the symptoms and remedies are the same in this case. I had the vibrations when the brakes are applied at above 60Km/h.

Change the following:

1. The front rotors( brake discs) are either worn or have fractures/lines of cracks that may not be noticeable to the eyes. Your rotors may look thick, but with the cracks, you have that problem (mine were still very thick).  Get new/ tokunbo ones.

2. The tie-rod end below the rotor. Let your mechanic check that too for free play. Mine was playing a bit.

Get a Haynes repair manual for your car: My Haynes manual explains everything with diagrams , and told me how to change the parts all by my self.
After the repairs, I took the car for EU control and there was no negative comment on the repairs I did.

You can do better with that manual, and stop shouting help help help like small pikin grin grin ( no bad bellee cool

Cheers

Banned  Jucol

I am not a mechanic .
Re: Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control by seal777(m): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
Same happen to me but was lucky to detect that the drivers side brake pad was down while the other one was fine, its suprising.

the advice range from tyre, to tie road and all and all, in the process i was forced to change all the tyres to brand new one before detecting it was the brake pad.

check your brake pads and disc, its simple.
Re: Help Auto Experts In The House, My Car Looses Control by ikeyman00(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2010
^^^^seconded
ur brake pad and dics has worn out

the uneven surface is causing the wahala whenever u step on it

the thing don worn finis!!

(1) (Reply)

Wanted Suv - Max N1m / 2007 Toyota Camry Le(reg.) For Sale------2.5m / 2002 Lincoln For Sale Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.