Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Can I Grow Taller At 22? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can I Grow Taller At 22? (32475 Views)

How To Grow Taller / Can A 18yrs Old Girl Still Grow Taller Or Have A Growth Spurts? / Grow Taller - Gain Between 1 - 6 Inches In Height Safely Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Grow Taller At 22? by goodiz(m): 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2010
I'll be 22 next month and I'm shorter than most guys and girls of my age & it gives me a little worry. This makes people talk and look at me as they would a younger person. I also feel awkard walking with tall people. The only thing that gives me confidence is that I'm handsome & intelligent (people tell me so). But I want to know if I can grow taller at 22. If diets will help, what should I eat? Thanks all, insults are also welcome.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2010
too late. love your height.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by MCLOVIN: 9:40am On Mar 26, 2010
Goodiz
How short are u ?
What are your parents heights ?
Did you or do you body build ?
The ends of your bones are suppossed to fuse before your 25th birthday but not necessarily at 22.
Try taking up PILATES exercises, they make your back and limbs appear longer making you look and feel taller.
You could also try to see if you still have some latent growth left in you - thats if your bones havent completely fused.
Stimulate the pituartary gland meridian in your foot for two weeks and stop. If you experience any growth over the next 1 month then you know you can still grow before its all over.
Someone even told me they sell shoe pads that do this now.
If you need further explanations which I cant go into here , c
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by Bright2(m): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2010
Well,if your prayer can not move the mountain,let it be God knows why it remained stagnant,cheer up man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by goodiz(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
MCLOVIN:

Goodiz
How short are u ?
What are your parents heights ?
Did you or do you body build ?
The ends of your bones are suppossed to fuse before your 25th birthday but not necessarily at 22.
Try taking up PILATES exercises, they make your back and limbs appear longer making you look and feel taller.
You could also try to see if you still have some latent growth left in you - thats if your bones havent completely fused.
Stimulate the pituartary gland meridian in your foot for two weeks and stop. If you experience any growth over the next 1 month then you know you can still grow before its all over.
Someone even told me they sell shoe pads that do this now.
If you need further explanations which I cant go into here , call me.
08037786031:

I tink I'm about 5 feet or so. But, what has body building got to do wit dis?
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by MCLOVIN: 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
I mentioned bodybuilding because its a comon mistake for short teens to take up this activity, thinking it will make them look bigger when in actual fact it fuses the ends of long bones and restricts vertical growth prematurely.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by MCLOVIN: 8:37am On Mar 27, 2010
I mentioned bodybuilding because its a comon mistake for short teens to take up this activity, thinking it will make them look bigger when in actual fact it fuses the ends of long bones and restricts vertical growth prematurely. I think above all, its your personality that counts. from what you wrote above you appear to have a good one. Also you can work on your carriage and comportment if youre worried about appearing to young. People will read into your body language and know youre no small boy.
Youre only 22 , just wait until start to grow facial hair and everybody's calling you 'sa, sa'.
Youll soon get tired.
Abt checking your capacity for extra grwth, you can still call if you wish
Cheers
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by spoilt(f): 3:54am On Apr 02, 2010
You are done growing. Sorry. cry
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by supereagle(m): 12:05am On Apr 03, 2010
You stopped growth at 18yrs, your body long bone ends fused at that stage.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by spyder99: 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2010
Mr. Goodiz, I think you are done growing, at least vertically.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by Lex87: 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2010
Biology, genetics and nature have already plotted your course, once you hit 20 or maybe 21, that's it - no more vertical growth. I was once quite obsessed with the whole thing, but once I realized there was nothing, no magic pill, no new fangled exercise, I accepted myself. In my quest of how to grow taller I even wore lifts for a while (click to see them)! I guess if it is still an issue once you are in your 20's you can always go with something like these. Accept yourself as you are, height be damned!!!  smiley Besides, once you're done growing vertically, it's the "horizontal growth" (ie: a beer belly and love handles) you have to be mindful of  grin
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by segzicres(m): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
accept i guy or pay a taller guy to pray for you. it worked for me!!!lmoaf
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by RichDad1(m): 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
supereagle:

i dont think this applies to everyone because i grew till i was 25yrs.infact my height increase tremediously during my 21-25 yrs of age.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by RichDad1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2010
supereagle:

i dont think this applies to everyone because i grew till i was 25yrs.infact my height increase tremediously during my 21-25 yrs of age.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by MCLOVIN: 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2010
^^^
Same Here !
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by agathamari(f): 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2010
growth plates on girls fuse years before boys. you still have time
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by ObamaUS: 7:43am On Apr 25, 2010
I'm not sure all those theories of 'u stop growing at 18 or 22' applies to everyone,

I was 5ft 11 when i was 23.
i realised that by the time i was 26,i had grown to 6ft 1 and now that i'm even 31,i discovered that i'm almost 6ft 2,

5 Likes

Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by MCLOVIN: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2010
Pls let us in on your secret. (lol!)
Im sure if the OP doesnt engage in any testosterone boosting excercises and relaxes a little he could still grow 2-3 inches.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by cantell(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2010
ObamaUS:

I'm not sure all those theories of 'u stop growing at 18 or 22' applies to everyone,

I was 5ft 11 when i was 23.
i realised that by the time i was 26,i had grown to 6ft 1 and now that i'm even 31,i discovered that i'm almost 6ft 2,

I agree with you. When i was 21, i was almost 6ft but not up 6. By the time i got to 25-26yrs, i was 6ft2 and i've never added anything since then.
Its different for girls. Once they're up to 18-21, its bye-bye to any increase in height.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by Nenom: 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
If your parents are tall, you would have a good chance of gowing taller. Height is all about genes. But that does not mean that you would take for granted the things you need to reach your adult height.

There are tons of websites dedicated to increasing height.  A good resource for tips and tricks in growing taller would be HeightForum. There are a lot of websites about growing taller but I would start any research in HeightForum. The site has an article How Do You Grow Taller? that gives you the ins and outs on how to maximize your growing potential

Again, genes is the number on factor but eat right, exercise and get enough sleep would get you taller.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by nsodo: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
There is nothing you can do about your height because it is natural and you're genes dictate your height what you have to do is to accept your self because not all of us can be same and there people who would like to be like you. Thank God you're handsome and Intelligent thank God for that.
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by Docosward(m): 5:12am On Aug 29, 2011
nsodo:

There is nothing you can do about your height because it is natural and you're genes dictate your height what you have to do is to accept your self because not all of us can be same and there people who would like to be like you. Thank God you're handsome and Intelligent thank God for that.
I dont like when people says there is "nothing you can do" because this is a world of possibilities okay.
For those who interested to grow their bones should mail me on jonathanosward@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by kshankky(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
please i will like to know more abt it- ayokanmi2020@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Can I Grow Taller At 22? by abdullahas: 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
There is some type of food you can eat increase height after 21 years old you can check this program

http://238f470lvexytne08yk8sl1if3./

(1) (Reply)

Man Claims To Have Lived Without Eating For 5 Years / The Miracle Juice That Kills Cancer And Fibroid Cells / Breast Feeding Mothers Can Also Enjoy Sex – Experts Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.