Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Network Cards Getting Bad Frequently - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Network Cards Getting Bad Frequently (880 Views)

What Is The Implication Of Frequently Formating Of A Laptop System / My New Pc Restarting Frequently By Itself / Computer Frequently Asked Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Network Cards Getting Bad Frequently by scribe(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2007
Someone please help. I have had to replace network cards on 3 desktops running winxp and networked together about 3 times in the past 3months.
It is funny that a desktop working perfectly the previous day will simply refuse to connect to the network. Upon troubleshooting, I will discover that the network card is bad. I have had to use cards from different manufacturers, but the problem persists.
I have lost both network cards that are unboard and those that are PCI to this problem. I suspected that the problem might have something to do with electricity, so I ensured that all the desktops are plugged to UPS and not directly to the mains.
Yet the problem persists. Someone that have an experience on this should please suggest to me what I should do.
Thanks.
Re: Network Cards Getting Bad Frequently by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 15, 2007
you may need a surge arrester .for both your power supply and your network cables. also, u need to confirm if you have any items like photcopiers, printers, irons connected to your mains as these can generate surges. you may also want to consideer a voltage stabiliser, tho that may not help that much if its not an industrial one that out puts 0% fluctuation .
cheers

(1) (Reply)

Do you use Nod 32? / Clean Toshiba A120 Satelite-pro Laptop For Sale. / Why You Choose Yahoo Email?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.