Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It (1327 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 8:13am On Nov 25, 2017
Let's be open minded.

Don't insult, don't abuse, don't use fowl language.

Just bring in your intelligent narratives.

Mention one blessing that accrue to tithers which do not accrue to non-tithers.

To put this question more clearly, mention one thing you have gained, received, achieved etc by paying tither which others who do not pay have not gained, received or achieved etc.
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by heendrix(m): 8:24am On Nov 25, 2017
Deprofessional:
Let's be open minded.

To put this question more clearly, mention one thing you have gained, received, achieved etc by paying tither which others who do not pay have not gained, received or achieved etc.

idk abou others but for me anytime I pay my tithes things get easy for me and people who I dont even expect favour me

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by daniska3yaro(m): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2017
heendrix:

idk abou others but for me anytime I pay my tithes things get easy for me and people who I dont even expect favour me
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by daniska3yaro(m): 8:40am On Nov 25, 2017
heendrix:

So much blessing,mercy,grace and favors,its just a mystery that you can't use your common sense to solved it.
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 8:45am On Nov 25, 2017
heendrix:

There are millions out there who don't pay and who have been favoured by others far more than you.

So you have not answered the question.

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2017
daniska3yaro:
So much blessing,mercy,grace and favors,its just a mystery that you can't use your common sense to solved it.

Mention one thing you have gained or received as a result of paying tithe which non tithers will never receive.

That is what blessing is exclusive to tithers?

Don't prevaricate again.

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Hashimyussufamao(m): 8:51am On Nov 25, 2017
Among christains, Jehovah witness seems to be more near to truth, they follow the bible more than other sects as far as i've confirmed. BUT! they say no to tithing. Establishing church is a far growing business mehn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Goshen360(m): 8:55am On Nov 25, 2017
heendrix:

You're already favored IN CHRIST. Not the tithe but Grace through Christ. Understand?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Goshen360(m): 8:57am On Nov 25, 2017
daniska3yaro:

All spiritual blessings are wrapped up in CHRIST and it's whole package when you received Christ. This is the basics of Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Topgainer: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2017
Deprofessional:

Mention one thing you have gained or received as a result of paying tithe which non tithers will never receive.
That is what blessing is exclusive to tithers?
Don't prevaricate again.
I have asked the same question times without number. The giving that counts and is clearly expounded in Christian doctrine is to give to people you are better than. Around us they abound, the orphans, the widows, the less privileged, the prisoners and those in need. Even non Christians do these and they are blessed. Tomorrow again Christians will package large sums of money for submission to one Daddy Papa or another. On their way to those Centers, they will 'jump and pass over' the real needy in their neighborhood, hurrying to Bishop's Church Center where they erroneously believe the money can be doubled through prayers.
Goshen360:

All spiritual blessings are wrapped up in CHRIST and it's whole package when you received Christ. This is the basics of Christianity.
I am withdrawing from the religion section. There is no point presenting facts to thoroughly brainwashed and incorrigible slaves of gospel merchants.

They don't bother to cross check all that Papa Daddy say against sound Christian doctrine. All the spiritual blessings and physical blessings are packaged in Christ for Christians who truly believe, and contentment is a key virtue in the Apostolic doctrine.
The methods, principles and path to running a business in the world system are obtained from comprehensive study of the business model. There is a right way for every business endeavor to be successful. There are multimillion dollar corperations world over, and most of them are successful by studying and reviewing the models, financial papers and adopting best practices. It is never by paying some kind of Levies and Seed Money to one Gentile Bishop Papa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
heendrix:

Your mind is simply playing with you. You better get hold of it and control it.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by heendrix(m): 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
Goshen360:

You're already favored IN CHRIST. Not the tithe but Grace through Christ. Understand?

yes bro and thanks bro
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by ashjay001(m): 1:02am On Nov 26, 2017
Deprofessional:
Let's be open minded.

I've not paid tithes in forever!

But, paying tithes creates a positive slant of mind for d payers! Most religions are built on faith, if u believe strongly enough, u'll get returns on investment.gringrin

Those MOGs are just motivational speakers, since most shepples cant believe in themselves, get them to believe in something!

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
Deprofessional:
Let's be open minded.

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
ashjay001:

I've not paid tithes in forever!

But, paying tithes creates a positive slant of mind for d payers! Most religions are built on faith, if u believe strongly enough, u'll get returns on investment.gringrin

Those MOGs are just motivational speakers, since most shepples cant believe in themselves, get them to believe in something!
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by petra1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
SOME TESTIMONIES OF SOME TITHERS

QUAKER OATS COMPANY
Does the name Henry P Crowell sound familiar to you? How about the company he founded-Quaker Oats? While yet a young man, Crowell heard a sermon by Dwight L. Moody. He made a remarkable commitment to the Lord. He said ‘ I can’t be a preacher, but I can be a good businessman.’ He prayed ‘if you would let me make money, I will use it in your service.’ He bought a little run-down mill called Quaker Mill. Not only did he faithfully tithe but it is reported that he gave far beyond the tithe and funded the Lord’s work for over forty years.

COLGATE PALMOLIVE COMPANY
Who hasn’t heard of the Colgate Palmolive Company? Do you know that a tither found it? William Colgate left home when he was just a teenager. He felt that his father was too poor to keep him. With his only belongings tied in a bundle, he met an old canal boat captain. He confided to the captain that he was leaving home to lessen the financial burden on his parents. He explained to the old man that the only trade he knew was soap and candle making. The old captain knelt and prayed for the lad and then looked him in the eyes and said, someone will soon be the leading soap maker in New York. It can be you. Be a good man, give your heart to Christ, pay the Lord all that belongs to Him, make an honest soap, give a full pound and I’m certain you’ll be a prosperous and rich man. Those words apparently made a strong impression on him.
He tithed from the first dollar he made as an employee. Soon he was made partner of the company he worked for and ultimately became the owner of the business. He, like Henry Crowell gave far beyond the tithe. It is reported that his giving grew from 20% to 30% to 40% to 50% and finally he was giving all his income. He gave millions to the Lord’s work. Think about that.

JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER Sr
Some of today’s well known wealthy families initially gave their wealth when the patriarchs of the family committed to tithing. Take the Rockefellers as an example. Listen to John D Rockefeller Sr’s own words.
Yes, I tithe, and I would like to tell you how it all came about. I had to begin work as a small boy to help support my mother. My first wages amounted to $1.50 per week. The first week after I went to work, I took the $1.50 home to my mother and she held the money in her lap and explained to me that she would be happy if I would give a tenth of it to the Lord. I did, and from that week until this day I have tithed on every dollar God has entrusted to me. And I want to say, if I had not tithed on the first dollar I made, I would not have tithed on the first million dollars I made. Today’s the heirs of many of this great industrialist may have wondered far from the principles that created such enormous wealth and influence. Many of their companies are now publicly held and the stock holders don’t have a clue that they are still reaping the harvest of the righteous acts of their founders. To sustain such success and blessing, there need to be a rediscovering of the principle of putting God first and building a business as a way of seeking the kingdom of God.

R.G leTourneau (INVENTOR OF CATERPILLER MACHINES)
My father was actually impressed by R.G leTourneau. R.G leTourneau was the creator and manufacturer of giant earth moving machinery. As my dad will receive the offerings at the church he pastured, he was fond of referring to R.G leTourneau as a man who could not out give God. Before the end of his illustrious career, this manufacturer will reverse the percentages and give God 90% and retain 10% for himself.
I remember that my parents receive regular publications from the charitable foundation R.G leTourneau started and funded with 90% of the stock of his corporation. Each month the publication will show pictures of the monster machines, some weighing as much as 200,000 pounds and each newsletter incorporated tithing because R.G leTourneau contributed his great success to it. Before his death in 1969, he had contributed millions and millions of dollars to the work of God worldwide.

OTHER NOTABLE TITHERS
We could go on and on and list names like J.L. Kraft Cheese Company, Wallace Johnson, the founder of holiday inns, or the founder of welchs grape juice. Each of these Godly businessmen was committed to tithing and I firmly believe that was the key to their outstanding success and legacy.
When the issue of tithing as applied to the small business is raised, many opinions abound. Often the small business operator is left in a dilemma. Should he or she tithe on gross revenues, net profit, salary taken or taxable gain?

Kenneth hagin once shared a testimony of the depression how a christian farmer went to his pastor because his coton farm refuse to bud even though it was ripe , they needed to harvest it before the rain that was coming.If it rains .the whole farm would be destroyed . it was like that allover the town but the pastor asked him " do you pay your tithe ? the man said yes, The pastor asked him for the tithe card, those days they use cards in churches and the pastor signs in when they pay. So the pastor went with him into the middle of the cotton farm he raised the tithe card up and said "lord you promise to rebuke the devourer, this card is the evidence that this man is a tither.the pastor was not done speaking when they began to hear cracking noise all over the farm! the whole farm turned white! . the cooton budded. other farms were destroyed by the rain.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
petra1:

SOME TESTIMONIES OF SOME TITHERS

QUAKER OATS COMPANY
Does the name Henry P Crowell sound familiar to you? How about the company he founded-Quaker Oats? While yet a young man, Crowell heard a sermon by Dwight L. Moody. He made a remarkable commitment to the Lord. He said ‘ I can’t be a preacher, but I can be a good businessman.’ He prayed ‘if you would let me make money, I will use it in your service.’ He bought a little run-down mill called Quaker Mill. Not only did he faithfully tithe but it is reported that he gave far beyond the tithe and funded the Lord’s work for over forty years.

COLGATE PALMOLIVE COMPANY
Who hasn’t heard of the Colgate Palmolive Company? Do you know that a tither found it? William Colgate left home when he was just a teenager. He felt that his father was too poor to keep him. With his only belongings tied in a bundle, he met an old canal boat captain. He confided to the captain that he was leaving home to lessen the financial burden on his parents. He explained to the old man that the only trade he knew was soap and candle making. The old captain knelt and prayed for the lad and then looked him in the eyes and said, someone will soon be the leading soap maker in New York. It can be you. Be a good man, give your heart to Christ, pay the Lord all that belongs to Him, make an honest soap, give a full pound and I’m certain you’ll be a prosperous and rich man. Those words apparently made a strong impression on him.
He tithed from the first dollar he made as an employee. Soon he was made partner of the company he worked for and ultimately became the owner of the business. He, like Henry Crowell gave far beyond the tithe. It is reported that his giving grew from 20% to 30% to 40% to 50% and finally he was giving all his income. He gave millions to the Lord’s work. Think about that.

JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER Sr
Some of today’s well known wealthy families initially gave their wealth when the patriarchs of the family committed to tithing. Take the Rockefellers as an example. Listen to John D Rockefeller Sr’s own words.
Yes, I tithe, and I would like to tell you how it all came about. I had to begin work as a small boy to help support my mother. My first wages amounted to $1.50 per week. The first week after I went to work, I took the $1.50 home to my mother and she held the money in her lap and explained to me that she would be happy if I would give a tenth of it to the Lord. I did, and from that week until this day I have tithed on every dollar God has entrusted to me. And I want to say, if I had not tithed on the first dollar I made, I would not have tithed on the first million dollars I made. Today’s the heirs of many of this great industrialist may have wondered far from the principles that created such enormous wealth and influence. Many of their companies are now publicly held and the stock holders don’t have a clue that they are still reaping the harvest of the righteous acts of their founders. To sustain such success and blessing, there need to be a rediscovering of the principle of putting God first and building a business as a way of seeking the kingdom of God.

R.G leTourneau (INVENTOR OF CATERPILLER MACHINES)
My father was actually impressed by R.G leTourneau. R.G leTourneau was the creator and manufacturer of giant earth moving machinery. As my dad will receive the offerings at the church he pastured, he was fond of referring to R.G leTourneau as a man who could not out give God. Before the end of his illustrious career, this manufacturer will reverse the percentages and give God 90% and retain 10% for himself.
I remember that my parents receive regular publications from the charitable foundation R.G leTourneau started and funded with 90% of the stock of his corporation. Each month the publication will show pictures of the monster machines, some weighing as much as 200,000 pounds and each newsletter incorporated tithing because R.G leTourneau contributed his great success to it. Before his death in 1969, he had contributed millions and millions of dollars to the work of God worldwide.

OTHER NOTABLE TITHERS
We could go on and on and list names like J.L. Kraft Cheese Company, Wallace Johnson, the founder of holiday inns, or the founder of welchs grape juice. Each of these Godly businessmen was committed to tithing and I firmly believe that was the key to their outstanding success and legacy.
When the issue of tithing as applied to the small business is raised, many opinions abound. Often the small business operator is left in a dilemma. Should he or she tithe on gross revenues, net profit, salary taken or taxable gain?

Kenneth hagin once shared a testimony of the depression how a christian farmer went to his pastor because his coton farm refuse to bud even though it was ripe , they needed to harvest it before the rain that was coming.If it rains .the whole farm would be destroyed . it was like that allover the town but the pastor asked him " do you pay your tithe ? the man said yes, The pastor asked him for the tithe card, those days they use cards in churches and the pastor signs in when they pay. So the pastor went with him into the middle of the cotton farm he raised the tithe card up and said "lord you promise to rebuke the devourer, this card is the evidence that this man is a tither.the pastor was not done speaking when they began to hear cracking noise all over the farm! the whole farm turned white! . the cooton budded. other farms were destroyed by the rain.

There are millions out there who through hard work, diligence and perseverance grew from poverty to become men an women of substance.

Bill gate never paid tithe. In fact he donates his wealth to charity.

Dangote is not even a Christian.

The founder of face book is not a tither.

This thread is about blessings that are exclusive to tithe payers. Such blessings that are not expected to accrue to non-tithers

2 Likes

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by petra1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Deprofessional:

There are millions out there who through hard work, diligence and perseverance grew from poverty to become men an women of substance.

Bill gate never paid tithe. In fact he donates his wealth to charity.

Dangote is not even a Christian.

The founder of face book is not a tither.

This thread is about blessings that are exclusive to tithe payers. Such blessings that are not expected to accrue to non-tithers

John 15:19
. . .the world would love his own. .

The sinners of the world have an end .We are not in competition. God has his way of blessing his people . It's through giving .
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
petra1:

John 15:19
. . .the world would love his own. .

The sinners of the world have an end .We are not in competition. God has his way of blessing his people . It's through giving .

You have just prevaricated.

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by petra1(m): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2017
Deprofessional:

Kindly explain
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2017
petra1:

Kindly explain

Please, just tell us one blessing that is exclusive for tithers alone. Just one. Dont mention two.
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by akeensbussy(m): 11:41am On Dec 11, 2017
I have said it times without number....God blesses everyone irrespective of what u think about Him.

he created the world with great things for everybody to enjoy irrespective of ur believe. he will never recreate anything again because of a group of people.

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2017
akeensbussy:
I have said it times without number....God blesses everyone irrespective of what u think about Him.

he created the world with great things for everybody to enjoy irrespective of ur believe. he will never recreate anything again because of a group of people.
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2017
Deprofessional:

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
akeensbussy:

Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
petra1:

Kindly explain
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by Deprofessional(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
Deprofessional:

Please, just tell us one blessing that is exclusive for tithers alone. Just one. Dont mention two.
Re: Tithing: Please Point Out One Blessing Attached To It by livinglion(m): 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
Op, I am a tither, and I will keep tithing till I breath my last breath. Its benefits cannot be comprehend by carnal Christians.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read : This Is How I Perceive GOD And The Nature / What Is The Doctrine Of The Trinity? / They Unknowingly Fulfil Prophesies While Trying To Prevent Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.