Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (34745 Views)

Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. / Stephen Soleye, 21-Year-Old First Class Graduate Gets New Job With Rolls Royce / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by fvckme(f): 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2017
Sleekydee:
first, congrats to her, but den I bliv this is unreasonable.

how can a 22yrs old graduate be giving up? that's just stupid, In f graduate field or unemployment garden u re still a toddler.

smh.
See your life!
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Oduok(m): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
This doesn't seem to be the 'summon bonum' for a valectorian. I don't know how to put it. A 4.83 CGPA valectorian under an ideal situation should not be begging for job. She is supposed to have come up with a solution in her field. An idea that needed grooming. Now that she is employed that is end of her story. If care is not taken no one will ever hear about her after now. So you won't say I didn't congratulate her; let me say congratulations. But truth is employment is cheap. If all your toiling in making 4.83 was to get employment then something is wrong somewhere. The same employment people get with 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 etc. I really wish our contribution to the society should be proportionate with the height of our CGPA.

3 Likes

Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Oduok(m): 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
The company employing her now is the one gaining - using her situation to advertise itself.

2 Likes

Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by saabright(m): 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2017
Sleekydee:

how can a 22yrs old graduate be giving up? that's just stupid, In f graduate field or unemployment garden u re still a toddler.

smh.

its not all about the age but the frustration of bin unemployed or underemployed for long..

1 Like

Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by bayulll011(m): 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Good for her,

On the other side very Bad precedence to first class graduate out here.

You can't make first class and waste away in industry,the fact that u re first class means u re intelligent to innovate,create and develop ideas which will result into wealth and make life easy not for u but for the populace.

Even we that we are not first class already thinking how to develop ideas that will create employment and add values to life,thats why we are bored siting and replying mails daily.

Madam first class you are better off in class room who awarded her first class serf oh Ajaiyi no wonder

1 Like

Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by princeade86(m): 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
why sch cert are using their brain to invent, first class graduate can't think.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by princeade86(m): 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
why sch cert are using their brain to invent, first class graduate can't think.only for her to go learn tailoring
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by abdulwassi(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
#OK
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by winkmart: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
Good
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by toprealman: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
We only hold on to tax like mad. No attempt to create an environment were innovation and creativity will thrive.
#2019....NewCreation
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Profhussy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
OK, GOOD FOR HER.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Shaev7(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
Sleekydee:

smh.
Seriously speaking. I even wrote aptitude test with the firm she is even employed.
congrats to her.
She can't say she has given up.

1 Like

Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by 1234onyekwe: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

And so ?
He is either good at business or lucky; she is good at academics.
I don't see your point.
In other words u want to be good in academics with nothing to show for it.I rather be a third class graduate & be an employer of labour than to be a first class graduate & be roaming the street with no hope .

2 Likes

Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by fortunechy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
at times i wonder how educational system of this country will be in next 5 yrs
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by micflo28(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
For real, IT is a cash cow if only our government can harness the opportunities inherent in it.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
God works in mysterious way, you can't tell when/where/how the next blessing is coming. But one thing, always be prepared.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
1234onyekwe:
In other words u want to be good in academics with nothing to show for it.I rather be a third class graduate & be an employer of labour than to be a first class graduate & be roaming the street with no hope .

Not everyone has to be an entrepreneur. You choice is to be a third class candidate and an employer of labour, while others might prefer a first class and be employed in one of the multinationals.

1 Like

Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by pharigoldltd: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Congrats to her. God has finally picked her call.

Latest Job Recruitment At Flour Mills of Nigeria (5 Positions)

Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company's flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria. Flour Mills of Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (5 Positions) as follows;

1.) Farm Accountant

Click Here To View Details

2.) Instrumentation Technician

3.) Store Keeper (Edo)

4.) Store Keeper (Niger)

5.) Store Keeper (Ogun)

Source : http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2017/11/24/flour-mills-of-nigeria-fresh-job/
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2017
all things work for good to them that love God Romans 8:28
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Deo1986(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2017
so there is job after all. And it only take much publicity to get you one abi?......... Just passing by.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2017
1234onyekwe:

Nigeria has gotten to you. I have no time to argue
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
princeade86:
why sch cert are using their brain to invent, first class graduate can't think.

Why do you think they get a first class. It shows they are very good at taking instructions.

They need to be told what to do, all the time.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Klington: 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
Promxy94:
That's nice
But if u check now, the owner of the company might be a 2.2 or even 3rd class graduate.
you are ryt

But the owner may have worked as a cleaner or even a gateman before attaining that height
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
Promxy94:
That's nice
But if u check now, the owner of the company might be a 2.2 or even 3rd class graduate.

Where is your own company? grin
Promxy94:
That's nice

Where is your own company?
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by 1234onyekwe: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
BiggyB242:

Not everyone has to be an entrepreneur. You prefer to be a third class candidate and be an employer of labour while others might prefer to be first class graduate and be employed in one of the multinationals.
U really think is in ur power to get a job in a multinational With ur first-class,if u look around u care fully u 'll see a lot of first-class graduate that are roaming the street without any succour from any where,my dear we all hope for the best but nature will always take it's course, u better start to know what to do with ur life in terms of entrepreneurship & remove that nonsense job (entitlement) mentality from ur head.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by judedwriter(m): 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Promxy94:
That's nice
Hmmm...like they say, such is life and life is such! Job in 9ja is not based on labour, but favour!
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
1234onyekwe:
U really think is in ur power to get a job in a multinational With ur first-class,if u look around u care fully u 'll see a lot of first-class graduate that are roaming the street without any succour from any where,my dear we all hope for the best but nature will always take it's course, u better start to know what to do with ur life in terms of entrepreneurship & remove that nonsense job (entitlement) mentality from ur head.

Do you also think all entrepreneurs are successful? Do you know how many people that have venture into different business that have failed. Either way there're advantages & disadvantages.

You can stick to your decision but don't discourage others who think making a first class is a way out.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by nautieonline: 4:34am On Nov 26, 2017
Sleekydee:

smh.

So learning a tailoring is giving up, what then will you call suicide?

Enjoy awesome details when you Shop on www.nautieonline.com Visit Today
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by nautieonline: 4:38am On Nov 26, 2017
Oduok:
This doesn't seem to be the 'summon bonum' for a valectorian. I don't know how to put it. A 4.83 CGPA valectorian under an ideal situation should not be begging for job. She is supposed to have come up with a solution in her field. An idea that needed grooming. Now that she is employed that is end of her story. If care is not taken no one will ever hear about her after now. So you won't say I didn't congratulate her; let me say congratulations. But truth is employment is cheap. If all your toiling in making 4.83 was to get employment then something is wrong somewhere. The same employment people get with 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 etc. I really wish our contribution to the society should be proportionate with the height of our CGPA.
APT!!!!

Enjoy awesome details when you Shop on www.nautieonline.com Visit Today
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by adecz: 7:38am On Nov 29, 2017
"Physics Electronics graduate"
offered employment in an IT company
& she says its actually "a different field"?? shocked shocked

Did she expect to work in an Electron company??

Could be that it's such an underlying timidity
& fear of challenges that interviewers
saw in her that denied her jobs all these years.

In the real world, employers are always
looking for sharp go getters & outgoing
personalities. They could decide to take
a person with 2nd Class with such characteristics
than take her.

The best place for her may be in
the Academia.
Re: Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report by alfarouq(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2019
Nice she finally got a job

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Status Changed From Applicant To Beneficiary You Have Been Selected / Jobs Posted On LINKEDIN / My Incompetence Just Cost Me A Job, I Feel Worthless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.