Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. (5305 Views)

Diary Of A Jobless Developer Creating A Startup Company / Stephen Soleye, 21-Year-Old First Class Graduate Gets New Job With Rolls Royce / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Nerd111: 1:14am On Jun 04, 2020
Please, help me!!! I need a job before hunger kill man pikin. I graduated with a First class honors in Microbiology in a Nigerian university since 2018. Since then, I've not been able to get any job. I dropped my certificate for a while and entered street to hustle, but this coronavirus pandemic has cut off all my access to my part time informal jobs. I've been learning data analysis and other skills too. I have acquired like 5 professional certifications. Nonetheless, I'm unable to get a job. Please, I'd be glad if anyone could help me out with ANY job. I'm not picky o. I currently reside in Ilorin. I have thought of relocating to Lagos but I don't know anybody there and I'm very broke. Please, God should use somebody to help my life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by osato45: 2:30am On Jun 04, 2020
I would have suggested you did a masters in ilorin or lagos and afterwards do gre and tofel an apply for phd admission in us, hopefully you would get schools that can give you full funding

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by EricSmallz(m): 4:40am On Jun 04, 2020
osato45:
I would have suggested you did a masters in ilorin or lagos and afterwards do gre and tofel an apply for phd admission in us, hopefully you would get schools that can give you full funding

You think say Masters na Montesorri ? Or Nursery school? Somebody not get money, you dey talk of Masters, I no understand Nigerians o. Because God bless some of una with parents wey dey okay, una no dey see life from another angle at all. You expect somebody like me that was doing brick molding job to go through university, to now be looking for masters when I haven't gotten any reasonable thing to do abi? Na by force to advice person?
OP I pray you find a connection. My biggest regret is not balling properly in the Uni, just because they said I should try and make 2:1.
After the 2.1 nobody has ever asked me what my grade is when I submit my CV. Na Shango go punish our leaders wey turn Naija like this

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by cotmag(m): 5:00am On Jun 04, 2020
I think there is a policy that makes it easy for everyone with a First Class to be absorbed into the University system as Graduate Assistants. What has happened to that policy?

3 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by bukkysam(f): 5:03am On Jun 04, 2020
KNOW JESUS CHRST AND HAVE PEACE, TALK TO HIM ABOUT YOUR PRESENT SITUATION HE SURELY DO SOMETHING. GOD BLESS YOU

11 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Admitwithschola: 5:29am On Jun 04, 2020
Nerd111:
Please, help me!!! I need a job before hunger kill man pikin. I graduated with a First class honors in Microbiology in a Nigerian university since 2018. Since then, I've not been able to get any job. I dropped my certificate for a while and entered street to hustle, but this coronavirus pandemic has cut off all my access to my part time informal jobs. I've been learning data analysis and other skills too. I have acquired like 5 professional certifications. Nonetheless, I'm unable to get a job. Please, I'd be glad if anyone could help me out with ANY job. I'm not picky o. I currently reside in Ilorin. I have thought of relocating to Lagos but I don't know anybody there and I'm very broke. Please, God should use somebody to help my life.

First class and things this bad? I am interested in your story. Send me an email (Not nairaland private message oo. Just search for any email connected to me, either posted by me or by an "institute" that I belong to). Hopefully you do a thorough search to get one of the many emails

9 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Bluehill1051: 5:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Hahaha Microbiology again... Just forget about hospital job, else you upgrade.
Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Bluehill1051: 5:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Admitwithschola:

First class and things this bad? I am interested in your story. Send me an email (Not nairaland private message oo. Just search for any email connected to me, either posted by me or by an "institute" that I belong to). Hopefully you do a thorough search to get one of the many emails
This one na fool o. Ode nla!

15 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Hypnotise: 6:14am On Jun 04, 2020
bukkysam:
KNOW JESUS CHRST AND HAVE PEACE, TALK TO HIM ABOUT YOUR PRESENT SITUATION HE SURELY DO SOMETHING. GOD BLESS YOU
Na was for you oo
Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by EricSmallz(m): 6:19am On Jun 04, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Shey e'le'yi normal bayin?

5 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Heineken(m): 6:32am On Jun 04, 2020
EricSmallz:
Shey e'le'yi normal bayin?
lol egbon you're funny

1 Like

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by osato45: 6:38am On Jun 04, 2020
EricSmallz:

You think say Masters na Montesorri ? Or Nursery school? Somebody not get money, you dey talk of Masters, I no understand Nigerians o. Because God bless some of una with parents wey dey okay, una no dey see life from another angle at all. You expect somebody like me that was doing brick molding job to go through university, to now be looking for masters when I haven't gotten any reasonable thing to do abi? Na by force to advice person?
OP I pray you find a connection. My biggest regret is not balling properly in the Uni, just because they said I should try and make 2:1.
After the 2.1 nobody has ever asked me what my grade is when I submit my CV. Na Shango go punish our leaders wey turn Naija like this
Apparently your education was a waste, information they say is power. Keep blaming our leaders while smart individuals make good use of the information I provided.

1 Like

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by ednut1(m): 6:42am On Jun 04, 2020
cotmag:
I think there is a policy that makes it easy for everyone with a First Class to be absorbed into the University system as Graduate Assistants. What has happened to that policy?
subject to availability and number of first class. When i graduated we had 5 first class. Only one was absorbed. The remaining 4. 2 are now house wives, one is in an ok job. One has a good job. Nigeria is a big zoo and a disgrace of a nation. Na only Nigeria you go see first class graduate begging for 10k 3 years after graduation

7 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by EricSmallz(m): 7:30am On Jun 04, 2020
osato45:

Apparently your education was a waste, information they say is power. Keep blaming our leaders while smart individuals make good use of the information I provided.
You are a total waste. What's good about your stupid information? Did Dangote or Otedola follow those stupid writeup you provided there?
Whether you blame our leaders or not, we all know how they have contributed to the poverty rate of this country. So, blaming them is never out of place. What I want to sink into your skull is the fact that Masters in Nigeria is not something you do when you don't have any source of income. Somebody said he is broke, you said he should do his masters. He needs a job to earn a living right now, you are talking of masters. Abi masters for your school na 5 hours program?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by EricSmallz(m): 7:33am On Jun 04, 2020
Heineken:
lol egbon you're funny
grin

1 Like

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Heineken(m): 7:46am On Jun 04, 2020
EricSmallz:
grin
lol o de n so jamb answers bi waec.

1 Like

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Slickbishop(m): 8:15am On Jun 04, 2020
EricSmallz:

You are a total waste. What's good about your stupid information? Did Dangote or Otedola follow those stupid writeup you provided there?
Whether you blame our leaders or not, we all know how they have contributed to the poverty rate of this country. So, blaming them is never out of place. What I want to sink into your skull is the fact that Masters in Nigeria is not something you do when you don't have any source of income. Somebody said he is broke, you said he should do his masters. He needs a job to earn a living right now, you are talking of masters. Abi masters for your school na 5 hours program?

tell them o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Nerd111: 8:21am On Jun 04, 2020
osato45:
Doing my masters has always been on my mind, but unfortunately I'm too broke to afford that.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Nerd111: 8:25am On Jun 04, 2020
cotmag:
I was told the department recommended me to the Senate but got a negative response.
Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Nerd111: 8:25am On Jun 04, 2020
bukkysam:
Amen. Thanks for the prayer. It means a lot.

1 Like

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Nerd111: 8:27am On Jun 04, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Thank you. I really appreciate. I've reached out to you.
Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Shukusheka(m): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2020
I hope you have not limited your job search to Kwara alone and you are already in Lagos looking for a job? Have you been getting interviews? Is your age limiting your chances?

Surely there is an underlying reason you have struggled to land a job since.
Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Nerd111: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2020
Shukusheka:
I hope you have not limited your job search to Kwara alone and you are already in Lagos looking for a job? Have you been getting interviews? Is your age limiting your chances?

Surely there is an underlying reason you have struggled to land a job since.
I'm actually not financially capable to move to Lagos, but I do apply to jobs located there. And also, I'm 22 years old.

4 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Arrowgents: 9:12am On Jun 04, 2020
I guess you should work on your Cv as well maybe it is not catchy enough if you can relocate to lagos hopefully you will get a good offer go and apply for EY grad trainee that i sent here.

1 Like

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Gerrard59(m): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2020
Nerd111:

I'm actually not financially capable to move to Lagos, but I do apply to jobs located there. And also, I'm 22 years old.

You're still right on the age. I also hope you're not fixated on particular types of jobs? If you see audit, banking or manufacturing jobs, biko apply. But if you are not financially capable to move to Lagos, how would you do when called for a test or interview? Another thing: I hope the address you use on your CV isn't in Kwara but Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Gerrard59(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2020
Arrowgents:
I guess you should work on your Cv as well maybe it is not catchy enough if you can relocate to lagos hopefully you will get a good offer go and apply for EY grad trainee that i sent here.

I wanted to post same but it expired yesterday. Covid-19 has done more harm as it has worsened an already damaged economy. People wey graduate this year and last really have a hard time. Na the next generation I dey pity. Mmbom! embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Nerd111: 9:18am On Jun 04, 2020
Gerrard59:

You're still right on the age. I also hope you're not fixated on particular types of jobs? If you see audit, banking or manufacturing jobs, biko apply. But if you are not financially capable to move to Lagos, how would you do when called for a test or interview? Another thing: I hope the address you use on your CV isn't in Kwara but Lagos?
I meant not financially capable to relocate without a job. I can go for interviews. I'm not picky o. I apply to any job I can possibly apply for.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Gerrard59(m): 9:20am On Jun 04, 2020
Nerd111:

I meant not financially capable to relocate without a job. I can go for interviews.

OK. Since you graduated, how many aptitude tests have you written? How many did you pass? How many interviews have you attended? How were/was the experience(s)? What makes you believe/think you lost on them/it?

1 Like

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Shukusheka(m): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2020
Nerd111:

Okay, let me give a tip on how I got my job after long period of fruitless job search. I was applying for jobs in Lagos with Lagos address while I was far away in the North. Just get an address of a friend or relative you can stay with for a short period in Lagos and put it on your CV.

Don't go and dull yourself in Ilorin there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Klass99(f): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2020
smiley

8 Likes

Re: Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. by Saintinoo(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
osato45:
Son of man had a first class and still jobless... You are advicing him to go for masters, with which money exactly?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fcsc Online Form / Numerous Job Vacancies At New Companies Check It Out / Flour Mill Nigeria Plc Calling...april 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.