Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (43642 Views)

Isaac Oyedepo: We Are Not Photocopies Of Our Parents’ Calling / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by gwinaB(m): 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
FarahAideed:
So despite not paying any tax on his church income this man has vowed not to also pay any tax on his school business by declaring losses year in year out..What kind of men are these sef

Do you just sit and write or you have done proper investigation to determine of they make profit?. Don't just make unlearned comments, make meaningful ones.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by dammyeve: 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
I'm a Muslim and I unequivocally believe what he said. our lecturer actually told us 2day day it's only CU and like 4 other private universities that actually worth being called a school. he made mention of a private uniform with just 2 lecturers in a department. the reason is not farfetched, the cost of running a universityis not child's play. lautech's staff salaries alone gulp over 300 million naira monthly. If we're to have a standard private university that's making profit. then we should be talking about 10 million naira tuition feee

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by emorse(m): 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
ngwababe:
Very simple..." If you think we are doing business, go and open yours". Gbagam!!!!!!
A very shallow comment.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by utenwuson: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
Desyner:
When Bill Gates stops his charities then cos there is no profit in it I will support you with your daft submission.
charity? can u afford the school ? charity is free for any privileged person to access but can u have access to studying in this charity school? how daft can someone be to be comparing billgate foundation to a school who collects over 500k per semester!? you just mad bro

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by emorse(m): 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
dammyeve:
I'm a Muslim and I unequivocally believe what he said. our lecturer actually told us 2day day it's only CU and like 4 other private universities that actually worth being called a school. he made mention of a private uniform with just 2 lecturers in a department. the reason is not farfetched, the cost of running a universityis not child's play. lautech's staff salaries alone gulp over 300 million naira monthly. If we're to have a standard private university that's making profit. then we should be talking about 10 million naira tuition fee
Yeepaa! Who is this your lecturer?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Moganajoe: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
Statsocial:
APART FROM INSECURITY, CORRUPTION IS ANOTHER PROBLEM IN NIGERIA. WE HAVE LOOTING HERE AND THERE WHICH IS ALSO CAPABLE OF CAUSING UNREST. WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THE CORRUPTION IN THE COUNTRY?

That comes down to the kind of education that we offer. This is nothing but the expression of the content of the men. For instance, I have never given a bribe and I would be the last to give a bribe. I would rather die than give one. And those who collect bribe know that they can’t collect from me. Corruption has stayed with us for too long and I think it is a breeding ground for revolution. There is nothing happening in any private university today that would not have happened more in public universities, but for leakages here and there. But my understanding is that the church has a place of intense prayers because only God can change the hearts of men. People seek for appointment today not because of what they want to contribute but what they would have to share. Everybody is bothered, I am bothered. The rate of corruption in our society as Nigerians and Africans is enormous. But the church needs to be the example of what it wants to see in the society as far as corruption is concerned. Be that example; be able to say no and stand with it like Daniel. Right now, unlike in the time past, there are many Christians occupying sensitive positions at all strata of both public and private sectors. If the church people really come to a point of taking a stand against corruption, it would affect and impact Nigeria and the citizens positively.

SOME PEOPLE THINK THERE ARE TOO MANY CHURCHES IN NIGERIA AND THE BEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY IS TO ESTABLISH A CHURCH...…

Let them go and start one. Almost every house in some parts of Nigeria is a mosque. So what is the complaint about? Multitudes still flock the roads on Sunday mornings going nowhere. Are churches enough? No. Until everybody is saved and everybody is off the street on Sunday mornings, we don’t have enough churches. So for those who are angry, they would be angry for too long because we haven’t seen churches yet. A time is coming on Sunday morning that we won’t see anybody on the street, because they would be in church. And those who go to church to make money go bankrupt before they start. Church is not a money-making platform; it is a life-raising platform.

There are many men and women who are coming out to start stronger ministries than the ones we are doing. So, you can’t say enough. Enough of what? Why don’t you say people in the market are enough? Somebody else is starting shoe or wrist watch business today in spite of the millions that are in it in Nigeria. Some barbers are just graduating today to join the company of barbers in the country already, yet we didn’t say they are enough. So, what’s the headache? My submission is that we don’t have near enough churches in Nigeria yet and the ones we have are doing well. I can tell you that there are hundreds and thousands of vibrant and Bible-believing, heaven-focused and life-changing churches, founded by genuine people who are called by God and are pursuing their callings and ours is just only a little thing out of too many, and many more would still rise, so anybody that wants to be angry can just get ready to be more angry. Church is not a money-making venture, those who are saying it is should open one and they would make a lot of money.
Culled from Churchgist Archives

#Idonbelieveit
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
ybalogs:
Please get your facts right before posting here. Al Hikmah to covenant is like free education to private schools in Lekki. I don't know for Niles and Landmark though.
Law in Al hikmah is about 700k while Engineering is about 650k in landmark so what is your point? Only if you want to talk about Islamic studies which is about 200k. Landmark on the other hand doesn't offer christian courses.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by michony505(m): 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
midolian:
This is the reason why men can never be God. God is just too merciful and patient with us. If i was God, the moment he said this, he ll be receiving a thunderous slap, loud enough to make him declare even the future profits he ll get from the school.

God is indeed merciful.

Are u not also a sinner? or have u not lied b4? if I was God I could have killed u long time ago. U self no holy pass because b4 God there's no big or small sin, sin is sin. Many ppl condemning these men of God are even worst . Generation of hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
So oyedepo is indirectly saying Suleiman is a fake pastor for raising so many dead?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Desyner: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2017
FarahAideed:
So despite not paying any tax on his church income this man has vowed not to also pay any tax on his school business by declaring losses year in year out..What kind of men are these sef
Go start your own school and make huge 'profit' also.
With the run down facilities public sch offer the FG spends over N400, 000 on each students per year. That average is low cos the number of undergrads in public unis is huge. Most people who share you opinion are just hateful and envious of the strides the church is making.
ASUU will soon be on strike again cos of poor funding from both the FG and Studends alike, that tells us the fiscal set up of public education system is unrealistic yet. Even if Bishop subsidizes the school to N50k you guys will still ask for more cos there will always be someone who can't affort it.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by NoToPile: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
I am not a winners member nor an ex covenant student but the man has a point, in fact this interview ( especially about the university) makes so much sense.

Education is expensive, you only need to see amount being used to run a standard uni ( All our govt universities are below standard and its the truth we are just managing especially in the science courses)

Equipments costs hundreds of millions, some of these so called cheap private unis take part time lecturers for a small token, little or no standard equipment available.

One thing I do know is convenant is a standard university. I am also of the opinion that a university should be able to run itself.

Education is expensive and that's just the truth, those who can afford it should go for it.

So its Nigerians that built that place... Interesting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Desyner: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
utenwuson:
charity? can u afford the school ? charity is free for any privileged person to access but can u have access to studying in this charity school? how daft can someone be to be comparing billgate foundation to a school who collects over 500k per semester!? you just mad bro
Stop acting daft. My reference to charity was to show you that Bishop does not need to be making profits to keep the school running.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Desyner: 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2017
NoToPile:
I am not a winners member nor an ex covenant student but the man has a point, in fact this interview ( especially about the university) makes so much sense.

Education is expensive, you only need to see amount being used to run a standard uni ( All our govt universities are below standard and its the truth we are just managing especially in the science courses)

Equipments costs hundreds of millions, some of these so called cheap private unis take part time lecturers for a small token, little or no standard equipment available.

One thing I do know is convenant is a standard university. I am also of the opinion that a university should be able to run itself.

Education is expensive and that's just the truth, those who can afford it should go for it.

So its Nigerians that built that place... Interesting.
God bless you. I hope daft posters in this thread see this.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
Boyooosa:
Wawu!
I hope one day, u will build that institute to world class and dedicate it to the poor based on free service to humanity.

To people who debate whether they should pay tithe or not ba?

The problem I have with my fellow Nigerians is that we want everything on a platter of Gold.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by leye4u: 8:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
Mehn.....this nairaland is filled with stark illiterates who know nothing about business or how to run one sef......the place is filled hungry haters of God and men of God... Kai, am leaving this forum
Seun Osewa, Pls help me, how do I deregister myself from this Sodom and Gomorrah website

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
Statsocial:

Law in Al hikmah is about 700k while Engineering is about 650k in landmark so what is your point? Only if you want to talk about Islamic studies which is about 200k. Landmark on the other hand doesn't offer christian courses.
Why are you comparing law with engineering
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yep, I’m not surprised at this. For a school with such outstanding infrastructural and educational quality, profit is far from their gains in relation to what they charge as school fees.
Haters would always hate. Go CU!!! Vision 1 of 10 in 10 by 2022 is loading and haters would eat sand when it happens cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Bakbillz44(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ehi07:
They way some people come online and insult people clearly older than they are and also men of God just shows that they weren't raised right.
If you don't have something nice to say can't you just shut up and pass? Must you show how poorly you were raised?
When God decides to punish you now you will start accusing your village people.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
P.S. NO MAN OF GOD PUTS A GUN ON YOUR HEAD TO PAY TITHE OR GIVE OFFERING.
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GIVE DON'T GIVE. BUT PLEASE JUST SHUT UP AND LET THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN GIVING GIVE. IT'S NOT FROM YOUR POCKET AND WE AREN'T COMPLAINING.

NO YAHOO BOY SEF DEY PUT GUN FOR HIM CLIENT HEAD. ALL NA BASED ON CANVASSING AND THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT IT'S WRONG. #justsaying

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Mike4S: 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
The pastor is taking a brunt of criticism For allowing the newshounds to question him. If I were in his shoe, I wouldn't have been allowing for such.
The moment I know that God is in support of me, I will care less to what people say. The truth is that there's no way you can defend the business of running a school without causing the people to stop seething with discontent.
The disgruntled church members not even outsiders will always fulminate over a huge tuition difference between now and the earliest time when schools were established as a noble endeavour by the missionaries.
Before I digress, my point is that there's no need to come online to defend a project if it is what God is in support of.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by matrixme(m): 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
Some people (like daddy Freezer) won't be able to sleep this night now
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
yemaldo:

Why are you comparing law with engineering
because landmark doesn't offer law and Hikmah doe not offer engineering. But those two courses are almost equally priced in all private universities.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Ayofaks(f): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
Statsocial:

Of course opposite charges naturally repel. Since you are son of hell I would be doubtful of any Pastor you aren't against.
By the way It is the legions of demons living inside of you that are pompous.
Opposite charges attract...not repel.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by macphilip: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
All of una when dey insult Oyedepo,
if e too pain una, vez open your church!
collect ya tithe and open your university, chikena

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ayofaks:
Opposite charges attract...not repel.
Sorry My blood dey hot. Thank you!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by jeeqaa7(m): 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
ettybaba:

Is that all you can say to debunked what the Bishop said?
More annoiting to you Bishop Oyedepo sir.

Put your bishop at par with Jesus Christ and show me 1 similarity. Save yourself first bro, salvation is a personal decision..

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Primebuilders(m): 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
Statsocial:

I think everyone knows very clearly that Church Universities amongst Private Universities are the Cheapest.
At least i have visited many Universities and i know that One year tuition of Nile University can school a person in Landmark for 7 years yet Landmark has one of the best Infrastructures in the Country, Same Nile tuition would school a person for Five years in Covenant.

Even Alhikmah which is not even near Landmark in anything is either more costly or same in price. Secondly, Private Universities are way different from each other, some are content with part time lecturers and a system without research work while some are not. And even with part time lecturers you can't charge anything less than 400k in the long run.

Ask Western Delta University Vice Chancellor when the student were no longer coming they had to compromise and tell students to come from home and pay 400k, this is to evade the cost of Electricity and ensure tuition was not higher than 400k.

I'm not bragging Covenant is by far one of the cheapest if you consider the services provided for students and staff. Lecturers are allowed to go for a University sponsored International and Local conference in a year which can take 3 years in Federal Universities. I know someone who just returned from Malaga, others from San Francisco, Barcelona etc. That it is not done in public and other private universities doesn't mean it is normal. Some of these private Universities wouldn't even want to promote people yet Covenant promotes ppl within the system regularly. Some days ago 55 were promoted at the same time - off course that means increased wage bill but God has been Good and faithful.

This is just ONE (Intelligent Systems led by Prof Misra Sanjay) out of Covenant University's 22 research clusters that receives annual funding and I know about the funding - It is Oyedepo and the University that are providing for the entire research. There is no other Nigerian University that would dare this not even UI and I don't know if Tetfund would ever give you this much. But I doubt it. Last year Oyedepo paid over 422,000 USD for journal subscription, this year it might exceed 500,000 USD, The Church paid over 300 million naira for data analytics - all this cash isn't coming from student school fees and no other private universities even dare such research in naira talk more of dollars. Shall we now talk about the other research clusters which are receiving lots of cash e.g Bioinformatics(e.g Evolution proof Insecticide), Reverse Engineering, Biotech, Built Envirinment, Public Health... Pls don't compare CU and Lead city that we are in the same country doesn't mean we are mates at all. Today let anyone with access to Elsevier SciVal check, 26% of all Research work in Naija and you would be shocked to see it is from CU. From Engineering to Computer Science to whatever we top in the nation(unless the course is not on offer in the school) so let everyone know their mates o before comparing.

Hmmm. You dey work for the school. You are privy to a lot. Abi u b PA to Oyedepo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Osyxcel(m): 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2017
The truth is that quality education is expensive, and Covenant University is probably the best private University in Nigeria today, in terms of the infrastructure it offers.

The fees are actually very justified.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Boyooosa(m): 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2017
Weselion:

To people who debate whether they should pay tithe or not ba?

The problem I have with my fellow Nigerians is that we want everything on a platter of Gold.
Some people do that, they tag it foundation. Moreover, not everybody is fortunate to have access to wealth, that is why people like Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg, Warren Buffet and the likes try so hard to add value to the existence of such people. They exist in our society and its not good to abandon them.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Primebuilders:

Hmmm. You dey work for the school. You are privy to a lot. Abi u b PA to Oyedepo
Not PA lol though I know his PA. Yeah I know many of the top guns in the school and I have researched a lot about Church Universities and tuition in general to form my own Opinion. I can tell you how many of them fair financially from Babcock to Ajayi Crowther to Crawford I know quite a thing or two about their financing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by linkszelda: 9:20pm On Nov 25, 2017
ISSOKAYYYY PASTOR
ITS JUST LIKE YOU SAYING YOUR WIFE IS STILL A VIRGIN
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by jericco1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
where is Lai Mohammed?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
Mike4S:
The pastor is taking a brunt of criticism For allowing the newshounds to question him. If I were in his shoe, I wouldn't have been allowing for such.
The moment I know that God is in support of me, I will care less to what people say. The truth is that there's no way you can defend the business of running a school without causing the people to stop seething with discontent.
The disgruntled church members not even outsiders will always fulminate over a huge tuition difference between now and the earliest time when schools were established as a noble endeavour by the missionaries.
Before I digress, my point is that there's no need to come online to defend a project if it is what God is in support of.
it is actually an archived interview of when the church was celebrating her anniversary. I thought it would be important to still share with the amount of debate in the church today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Wears N580k Guccify Hoodie On Visit To Cambridge (Pics) / Pastor Leke Adeboye Gifts Corn Seller N10k (Video) / Nathaniel Bassey: COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Ordeal Is God's Hand In Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.