Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Are We Better Than The Pharisees? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Better Than The Pharisees? (550 Views)

Are we Better-off With Faith to Evidence for Believing That A God Exists / List Of Nairaland Pharisees / For I Tell You That Unless Your Righteousness Surpasses That Of The Pharisees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Better Than The Pharisees? by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 26, 2010
The number one arch enemies of Jesus were the Pharisees. Jesus taught the people not to behave and live like the Pharisees but its surprising that today many, very many christians put on the nature of the same Pharisees. I will be posting thought provoking verses soon so we can judge ourselves, if we are really on the right path.

Great and wide is the way that leads to destruction, many people go there.
Narrow and difficult is the way that leads to life, only a few will find it.
Re: Are We Better Than The Pharisees? by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2010
"For i say to you, unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven"

So lets begin.
Re: Are We Better Than The Pharisees? by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 26, 2010
"You have heard that it was said to those of old, "you shall not murder" and whosoever murders will be in danger of the judgement. But i say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire"

Does that say something about you?
Re: Are We Better Than The Pharisees? by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 26, 2010
"Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift"

Does that say something about you? How many of us are reconciled with our brothers across ethnic, racial, and religious barriers? would you even call the jihadist your brother?

(1) (Reply)

This Partial&absolutely Unfair / Sad Christianity - Watch with some discretion / Was Jesus Christ Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.