Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race (9538 Views)

Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe / Bashir El-Rufai: "Shehu Sani Is A Bastard Pulling Nigeria Backwards" / Yemi Osinbajo At "This Is Africa Exhibition" In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by ivolt: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
adejumoadeoluwa:
A similar thread was open five years back ago and people made some serious points would love a refresher and oh I know some of you disagree so for those that disagree you will have to mention one race Black's are more successful than fair?

You are suffering from intellectual laziness.
I am surprised that some people are trying to answer these meaningless questions.
What do you mean by most unsuccessful race?
How do you measure success, compared to whom?
What constitutes a race?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by nnokwa042(m): 2:01am On Nov 30, 2017
MrDude:
One may have to go back thousands of years to find answers to this probing question. If you go back hundred of years you'd noticed that European countries fought wars almost on a daily. The need to outdo each other, build a better defense mechanism against invaders and the need to protect it citizens propelled every right thinking European countries at the time to think outside the box which is what pretty much berthed science and technology as we have it today. In the pre-medieval times you would have a country disappear only to reappear from the map after being defeated and recaptured this went on for generations in Europe until the 20th century. Blacks on the hands had it easy from day one, all they do was to roam the plains of Africa in search of game (animals) hence the laziness and lackadaisical mindset shown by many Black persons today..

My guess albeit absurd you'd say is that perhaps amongst all the God(s) in the heaven of heavens the God(s) representing Black people are a conquered less powerful cartel compared to the rest hence why Blacks are the most impoverished people everywhere be it in the US, Europe, Asia, Africa etc... How else do you explain how one particular race lag so far behind the rest.

That aside!

I also believe that what Blacks needed was an example, a shining light, an inspiration to set them up properly for now and for future generations this is where I believe that had Biafra became a reality the rest of Africa would have look up to the Igbos. I'm convinced they'd have been that inspiration the rest of the confused Black race so needed at a point.
but afonjas fought too ijebus fighting egbas Oyo fighting kwara
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by nnokwa042(m): 2:07am On Nov 30, 2017
imhotep:

Says the insecure white supremacist grin
so where is what they built ?today we can see what Germans French Italians English Spanish Portuguese Swedish Russians Japanese Chinese Americans so where is black peoples own or the hid it
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Gerrard59(m): 2:47am On Nov 30, 2017
Clentuzbaba:

During d SAKOKU period, Japan secluded itself from d whole world for over 200 years, banning its citizens from traveling out and restricting entrance into Japan so as to self-develop. That is courage, d gut to do it urself. .

That's not courage, the act of isolation slowed Japan's progress globally as at then. It was until they became accessible that they began making progress in scientific fields, architecture, arts and engineering.

So there is nothing courageous about isolating one's self, the Chinese tried it and failed. They opened up and are succeeding!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Gerrard59(m): 3:06am On Nov 30, 2017
Muafrika2:

By unsuccessful I bet you mean this ....

1. Why are Africans the underpaid casual labourers in mining companies owned by Europeans and Americans in their own land?

2. Why is it that only Europeans are mining our oil, gold, silver, diamonds, they don't pay tax or engage invalve the real land owners of those minerals in their profits?

3. Why are foreign investors transferring profits gotten from lucrative African companies to tax havens and getting away with it?

4. Why are there so many trade restrictions for Export of African manufactured goods while European, American goods are unrestricted as to what and how much gets dumped on Africa - including actual trash from their dumpsites.

5. Why is it easier for African countries to trade with their colonial masters (mostly importation for Africa) than it is for Africans to trade with each other?

6. Why will the west insist on buying only raw products from Africa while at the same time sell us their finished products?

7. Lastly, ask Mugabe what it costs for a country to try to change the world economic order by displacing the Europeans from their place at the top of the pyramid in African counties. Its called sanctions and embargoes. Enough to keep any other African leaders with similar ideas in their place.

1. That you are an indigene doesn't confer rights to earn more when working. Monies paid during employment is based on productivity not "I'm son of the soil". If only Caucasians are the ones paying so low, how about the Asians controlling various mines, mostly illegally? Stop blaming others for lack of productivity. How about Nigerian nay African firms that owe their employees in "their land"?

2. Laws by various African nations prevent such. If there's a law that supports it, most firms will be forced to do it. However, since there's none, no point doing anything. Moreover, it saves money and cut costs (every business's aim). It behoves on Africans to hold their legislators accountable to formulate laws that protect the land and royalty fees. Also, not only Europeans mine in Africa.

3. Why does Dangote transfer profits from other countries to Nigeria? Companies transfer profits from wherever they conduct business to their home nations or anywhere it's profitable to park a profit. Even in the west, firms find every loophole not to park the profits in an unprofitable place. Read about Delaware being a tax haven in the US. Various firms worldwide do same. It's simply cutting costs, nothing about Europeans.

4. Laws, rules and regulations. Make yours. Increase your standards. Ghana and Cameroon export bananas to European nations, ditto Kenya and Ethiopia in ornamental flowers. Are these European nations?

6. Simple, reduce trade barriers, taxes, bureaucracy, unnecessary law enforcement agencies, streamline the process, make things uniform etc. It's simple. Don't transfer the blame.

7. Mugabe is a foolish man. He should have learnt lessons from Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore. Apparently, he goes there only for medical check-up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 30, 2017
Gerrard59:

1. That you are an indigene doesn't confer rights to earn more when working. Monies paid during employment is based on productivity not "I'm son of the soil". If only Caucasians are the ones paying so low, how about the Asians controlling various mines, mostly illegally? Stop blaming others for lack of productivity. How about Nigerian nay African firms that owe their employees in "their land"?

2. Laws by various African nations prevent such. If there's a law that supports it, most firms will be forced to do it. However, since there's none, no point doing anything. Moreover, it saves money and cut costs (every business's aim). It behoves on Africans to hold their legislators accountable to formulate laws that protect the land and royalty fees. Also, not only Europeans mine in Africa.

3. Why does Dangote transfer profits from other countries to Nigeria? Companies transfer profits from wherever they conduct business to their home nations or anywhere it's profitable to park a profit. Even in the west, firms find every loophole not to park the profits in an unprofitable place. Read about Delaware being a tax haven in the US. Various firms worldwide do same. It's simply cutting costs, nothing about Europeans.

4. Laws, rules and regulations. Make yours. Increase your standards. Ghana and Cameroon export bananas to European nations, ditto Kenya and Ethiopia in ornamental flowers. Are these European nations?

6. Simple, reduce trade barriers, taxes, bureaucracy, unnecessary law enforcement agencies, streamline the process, make things uniform etc. It's simple. Don't transfer the blame.

7. Mugabe is a foolish man. He should have learnt lessons from Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore. Apparently, he goes there only for medical check-up.
Your argument is idealistic. It assumes that the world is a perfect and equal place where everybody can travel to any place, get involved in any venture and governments are FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE grin

I would have to pull out agreements, reports, etc to debunk your idealism but am feeling lazy. I will only respond to the flower farms part .... They are mostly. .

1. Owned by European companies. I Ethiopia, they are viewed as land grabbers .... in addition to being seen as offering no benefit to local communities ... so they burned many foreign owned flower farms.

Foreign investor confidence in Ethiopia has been shaken following nearly a year of unrest, with the country’s government now admitting that many people have died as a result of police crackdowns and a deadly stampede in the country’s Oromia region.

Government estimates claim that around 40,000 workers at foreign companies have been affected by the disruptions; as cement, textile, flower, and agribusiness firms have been attacked. Popular sentiments that the benefits of growth are not being felt by all, combined with worries about foreign goods undercutting local producers has made Ethiopia a very dangerous investment locale.

Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn declared a six-month state of emergency in an attempt to quell the protests by ethnic Oromo and Amhara communities over a land dispute and political marginalisation. The unrest has caused millions of dollars worth of damage to foreign-owned businesses, including flower farms and other agribusinesses. The anti-government protests have dented the view that Ethiopia is a stable partner for investment, according to Emma Gordon, a senior analyst with research firm Verisk Maplecroft. “[Foreign] investors are very concerned with the situation in the country, with some already pulling out,” she said. “They were willing to look past the human rights [abuses] perpetrated by the security services, but it’s difficult to ignore them now.”

http://www.florinews.com/index.php/past-featured-articles/40-past-featured-articles/249-ethiopia-investors-rattled-by-unrest

2. Underpay, and are cited as the worst violators of workers rights. They are greedily exposed to pesticides, herbicides, because their employers can't hold the work while spraying.

While pointing out the issue, the medics don't even have the guts to point out the poisoning ... dust grin

Most of the problems we’ve seen here are lower back pain, chest pains, headaches and abdominal pains,” he said.

“It’s a bit dusty so it could be because of the dust that they’re having the chest pains. Most of the patients we’re seeing here are working in the flower farms so it could be maybe an effect of the drugs that are being used there. We could not tell conclusively why they’re having the chest pains but it could be from their environment or it could be from their work,” he explained.

https://citizentv.co.ke/news/unfavourable-working-conditions-a-risk-to-flower-farm-workers-health-159005/

It is poisoning. ..

Many of workers on these farms (Kenya for Europe, Colombia for the US, Ecuador new Zealand, Thailand and Malaysia and The Netherlands) are young women, who often make up nearly 80% of the workers on any given plantation. This puts them particularly subject to pesticide poisoning. But they are not told about the risk to their health and to their environment.

http://panswiss.org/newsroom/valentine-roses/

And I can't believe that one of your arguments is that Indians do it too,
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 30, 2017
nnokwa042:
so where is what they built ?today we can see what Germans French Italians English Spanish Portuguese Swedish Russians Japanese Chinese Americans so where is black peoples own or the hid it
Stop spreading rumors

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by nnokwa042(m): 6:46am On Nov 30, 2017
imhotep:

Stop spreading rumors
person invented aeroplane u dey show me so called black pharaoh
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by wirinet(m): 6:48am On Nov 30, 2017
efficiencie:

Where was the federal government when Fashola was fixing federal roads and making major infrastructural development strides in Lagos? So the federal government has exclusive rights of control over the brains of the Biafrans? Oh so the federal government has the exclusive rights over your ability to mobilize the youths to sanitize the states, curb crime at the community level, build community infrastructure and come up with innovative ideas to move Biafra forward...I laugh grin grin grin !

The Biafrans and the Nizoorians are no different...they have one central trait in common handed down from their forefathers which is: THE DEIFICATION OF SELF INTEREST

You still have not answered my question!

Is there any Igbo man on this planet that will not betray the entire human race for $1 million

I would like to join your conversation with hiddenshadow and observant. I agree with you that selfishness, self aggrandisement and greed is the bane of the black man and the Igbos exhibit the worst examples of these traits.

The igbos look for who to blame for their failures and blame everybody else and everything else but themselves. If the igbos possess inate greatness in them as propagated by hiddenshadow and observant, why didn't the igbos make great civilizations in the past? Why didn't the igbos make technological, artistic social or literary contributions to the world before the advent of the Europeans?
Biafra would have been a political disaster. why? Because no Igbo man is ready to subsume his interest for another. Ojukwu would never have sacrificed his political ambitions for any other, he would have been the mugabe of Biafra. Same with the present agitations for Biafra, it was all about Kanu, and Kanu would never sacrifice his political ambitions for the Biafrans goal.

If Biafra has potential to be great, we would have seen evidence of that from the way the present Biafra (Igbo states) are run, from state levels to local government levels. The Igbo states and local governments exhibit the same levels of greed, self interest and wickedness as other states. The total money the five Igbo states receive from the federal government ( both state and local government allocations ) is enough to run a country successfully. I am sure many countrystudents like Gabon, Benin Republic, Togo, Chad, etc do not receive the kinds of money these state receive and yet they are able to run the countries and build infrastructures.

Only a bad workman quarrels with his tools, the Igbo states governors can make use of the Nigerian laws to build critical infrastructures. Nothing stops the governments from applying for licences and investing in the mineral and oil resources sector either alone or with foreign partners if they are interested. Nothing stops the state governments from building bridges and roads and tolling it to recuperate their investments. Nothing stops the state governments from building refineries, power stations or any other critical infrastructure if there are ready to selfishnessly work for the betterment of their people.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 30, 2017
nnokwa042:
person invented aeroplane u dey show me so called black pharaoh
And what have you done to support all the Biafran technology?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 30, 2017
adejumoadeoluwa:
A similar thread was open five years back ago and people made some serious points would love a refresher and oh I know some of you disagree so for those that disagree you will have to mention one race Black's are more successful than fair?
Who do you think established the civilizations in Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia among many others in Africa? They were black ok.

There is not going to be Christmas everyday, so we were great in the past and not great now. But we will come out of this mess in the future.

The ancestors of most of the now Europeans were used to be called savage in ancient times. But they are great now, so why can't us also improve to our former glory? We will do it!
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 30, 2017
WhiteRacist:
black has never build anything. black has always been the most unintelligent race.
Then who do you think established the great civilizations in Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and Tunisia among many others in Africa? They were Blacks, but you can believe otherwise if you don't want to accept the truth.
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 30, 2017
WhiteRacist:
trust me there was nothing like black civilization. the white man thought the Blackman how to carry sh.it. before then black do their business in the bush and run around naked which is not different from animals.

they were simply malnourish and haggard looking. they don't know the food with appropriate nutrition not to talk of dieting. they live in hut and enclave of themselves with no school and no writing record of themselves they only tell fictional stories of nature.

black man lags behind evolving from ape to human.

Malaysia, Singapore, civilization started of the same stage with blacks. even brazil was behind but how come theses countries with less natural resources are ahead of Africans communities.

Pls don't generalize. Not all Africans are like you said. No wonder why you call yours racist. Cave man!
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2017
shervydman:

How many African leaders have transformed their country to a 1st world nation??
Great response

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2017
WhiteRacist:
blacks are the lowest of human inteligents.
No it isn't. Don't lie! Fu$k you

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2017
shervydman:

How many African leaders have transformed their country to a 1st world nation??
Gadaffi did so in Libya before the Americans and Europeans (who you worship) came and destroyed Libya

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2017
imhotep:

Gadaffi did so in Libya before the Americans and Europeans (who you worship) came and destroyed Libya
Lol, I'm not a worshipper of Americans and Europeans and u need to know the meaning of a 'first world country' before u reply.

Libyans enjoying social benefits under gadaffi doesn't constitute to being a 1st world nation.
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
shervydman:

Lol, I'm not a worshipper of Americans and Europeans and u need to know the meaning of a 'first world country' before u reply.

Libyans enjoying social benefits under gadaffi doesn't constitute to being a 1st world nation.
But you were silent when Libya, one of the best countries in Africa, was destroyed by your white masters and mistresses.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
imhotep:

But you were silent when Libya, one of the best countries in Africa, was destroyed by your white masters and mistresses.
I give up on u......bye. wink
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
shervydman:

I give up on u......bye. wink
Good. Bye
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by coolchimex: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
LoveMachine:
Read this book

Hello LoveMachine, thanks for suggesting the book *The Destruction of Black Civilization by Chancellor Williams*. God Bless you. I've always had this feeling that there's something about Blacks People, hopefully, this book will open my eyes. I'm still reading right now (it's 401 pages). Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by LoveMachine(m): 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
coolchimex:

Hello LoveMachine, thanks for suggesting the book *The Destruction of Black Civilization by Chancellor Williams*. God Bless you. I've always had this feeling that there's something about Blacks People, hopefully, this book will open my eyes. I'm still reading right now (it's 401 pages). Thank you once again.

Let me know when you finish. There is more of where that came from. Peace.

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by efficiencie(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
wirinet:

I would like to join your conversation with hiddenshadow and observant. I agree with you that selfishness, self aggrandisement and greed is the bane of the black man and the Igbos exhibit the worst examples of these traits.

The igbos look for who to blame for their failures and blame everybody else and everything else but themselves. If the igbos possess inate greatness in them as propagated by hiddenshadow and observant, why didn't the igbos make great civilizations in the past? Why didn't the igbos make technological, artistic social or literary contributions to the world before the advent of the Europeans?
Biafra would have been a political disaster. why? Because no Igbo man is ready to subsume his interest for another. Ojukwu would never have sacrificed his political ambitions for any other, he would have been the mugabe of Biafra. Same with the present agitations for Biafra, it was all about Kanu, and Kanu would never sacrifice his political ambitions for the Biafrans goal.

If Biafra has potential to be great, we would have seen evidence of that from the way the present Biafra (Igbo states) are run, from state levels to local government levels. The Igbo states and local governments exhibit the same levels of greed, self interest and wickedness as other states. The total money the five Igbo states receive from the federal government ( both state and local government allocations ) is enough to run a country successfully. I am sure many countrystudents like Gabon, Benin Republic, Togo, Chad, etc do not receive the kinds of money these state receive and yet they are able to run the countries and build infrastructures.

Only a bad workman quarrels with his tools, the Igbo states governors can make use of the Nigerian laws to build critical infrastructures. Nothing stops the governments from applying for licences and investing in the mineral and oil resources sector either alone or with foreign partners if they are interested. Nothing stops the state governments from building bridges and roads and tolling it to recuperate their investments. Nothing stops the state governments from building refineries, power stations or any other critical infrastructure if there are ready to selfishnessly work for the betterment of their people.

You promptly hit the nail on the head...this is the problem with the black race! Majority of them tend not to see beyond their selfish desires...
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Cromagnon: 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
imhotep:

They have done a lot despite being surrounded by enemies of progress
what have they done. Who are the enemies. Which progress. They're all at the same nonsense level of corruption and underdevelopment. See okorocha building Statue upandan. (great disappointment)
See oshiomole after all his labour leader grammar. See Ben Bruce, see shehu sani (all failures )

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sultan, Others Should Guarantee El-zakzaky’s Release – Shehu Sani / Easter: Victor Oye Distributes Food Packages To 600 People In Anambra / Why Owerri Zone Should Produce Next Imo Gov – Iwuanyanwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.