Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race (9541 Views)

Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe / Bashir El-Rufai: "Shehu Sani Is A Bastard Pulling Nigeria Backwards" / Yemi Osinbajo At "This Is Africa Exhibition" In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by adejumoadeoluwa(m): 12:40am On Nov 26, 2017
A similar thread was open five years back ago and people made some serious points would love a refresher and oh I know some of you disagree so for those that disagree you will have to mention one race Black's are more successful than fair?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Litmus: 1:19am On Nov 26, 2017
What do you mean by backward?
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Litmus: 1:19am On Nov 26, 2017
adejumoadeoluwa:
A similar thread was open five years back ago and people made some serious points would love a refresher and oh I know some of you disagree so for those that disagree you will have to mention one race Black's are more successful than fair?

What do you mean by backward?And most unsuccessful race...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Litmus: 1:40am On Nov 26, 2017
No reply, I guess poster believes the proposition obvious but it is not.
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by olawalepopoola: 2:35am On Nov 26, 2017
Ask your self and let me ask myself. What have you done to contribute to its success. Black race is backward because of its people nothing more. Africa has the best land, rivers, landscape, biodiversity, climate but contains people that don't contribute their quota to its success.
The Chinese are where they are today because of the mentality of her people. Malaysia too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by MrDude: 2:45am On Nov 26, 2017
One may have to go back thousands of years to find answers to this probing question. If you go back hundred of years you'd noticed that European countries fought wars almost on a daily. The need to outdo each other, build a better defense mechanism against invaders and the need to protect it citizens propelled every right thinking European countries at the time to think outside the box which is what pretty much berthed science and technology as we have it today. In the pre-medieval times you would have a country disappear only to reappear from the map after being defeated and recaptured this went on for generations in Europe until the 20th century. Blacks on the hands had it easy from day one, all they do was to roam the plains of Africa in search of game (animals) hence the laziness and lackadaisical mindset shown by many Black persons today..

My guess albeit absurd you'd say is that perhaps amongst all the God(s) in the heaven of heavens the God(s) representing Black people are a conquered less powerful cartel compared to the rest hence why Blacks are the most impoverished people everywhere be it in the US, Europe, Asia, Africa etc... How else do you explain how one particular race lag so far behind the rest.

That aside!

I also believe that what Blacks needed was an example, a shining light, an inspiration to set them up properly for now and for future generations this is where I believe that had Biafra became a reality the rest of Africa would have look up to the Igbos. I'm convinced they'd have been that inspiration the rest of the confused Black race so needed at a point.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 26, 2017
adejumoadeoluwa:
APC is a mumu party
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by LoveMachine(m): 4:44am On Nov 26, 2017
Read this book

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by WhiteRacist: 4:55am On Nov 26, 2017
MrDude:
One may have to go back thousands of years to find answers to this probing question. My guess albeit absurd you'd say is that perhaps amongst all the God(s) in the heaven of heavens the God(s) representing Black people are a conquered less powerful cartel compared to the rest hence why Blacks are the most impoverished people everywhere be it in the US, Europe, Asia, Africa etc... How else do you explain how one particular race lag so far behind the rest.
black has never build anything. black has always been the most unintelligent race.
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 26, 2017
WhiteRacist:
black has never build anything. black has always been the most unintelligent race.
Says the insecure white supremacist grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by horsepower101: 6:02am On Nov 26, 2017
Me personally I don't know about other Africans but I know that igbos in particular if given a nation of their own will develop rapidly like Japan and Korea did. They have the potential to do that but unfortunately they are surrounded by people that want them to fail and remain subjugated.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by oduastates: 7:09am On Nov 26, 2017
Gfff
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by hornyofife: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2017
Like a scholar once said, when you lump all Africans together, you get the wrong picture, but when you separate and pick them ethnically, then you will know that Africans are different.....

And to that,the igbos are the most successful black Africans achieving a higher success rate than the jews, Chinese and Indians, countering the argument that whites are more successful and intelligent than blacks.

https://m.facebook.com/cgtnafrica/posts/1036936326355906

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/22232-Igbos-most-brilliant-black-Africa-race-US-report

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.unz.com/pfrost/the-jews-of-west-africa/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPr8bVz9vXAhWLKcAKHbE_Cf0QFggNMAE&usg=AOvVaw0Xp-ur_ZJTYZ-Wh1GLBdOe

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 26, 2017
hornyofife:
Like a scholar once said, when you lump all Africans together, you get the wrong picture, bit when you pick then ethnically, then you will know that Africans are different.....

And at that the igbos are the most successful black Africans achieving a higher success rate than the jews, Chinese and Indians.
Peace be upon you

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by kb83(m): 7:48am On Nov 26, 2017
wat u call backward cud actually be forward wat u call forward cud be backward. it depends on ur mind and thinking
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by hornyofife: 7:49am On Nov 26, 2017
"Although the Chinese and Indians are still very conspicuously above even the best African nationalities, their superiority disappears when the Nigerian and other groups are broken down even further according to their different tribal ethnicities. Groups like the famous Igbo tribe, which has contributed much genetically to the African American blacks, are well known to be high academic achievers within Nigeria. In fact, their performance seems to be at least as high as the “model minority” Chinese and Indiansin the UK, as seen when some recent African immigrants are divided into languages spoken at home (which also indicates that these are not multigenerational descendants but children of recent immigrants)."

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPr8bVz9vXAhWLKcAKHbE_Cf0QFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw28eVUxtzTY3v62-Y3DEb7t

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by PFRB: 8:05am On Nov 26, 2017
Our calling was juju and herbalism but we abandoned it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by EVarn(m): 9:05am On Nov 26, 2017
If I were to ask the OP,are you a christian or muslim?,he will most probably pick one of the two.You accuse your race of backwardness yet you embrace a white man's religion,isnt that mental slavery?.

If I were to ask him, do you prefer gucci to adire or ankara?,he will probably say "of course!,who wouldnt?"

If I asked him about the history of Africa, he would probably stare at me dumbly, no idea.

If the black man is backward,the you should be ashamed of yourself for contributing to that backwardness,assuming you are also a black man.

I am an African,and I dont believe I am backward, I am not mentally enslaved like the OP seems to be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by plessis: 9:10am On Nov 26, 2017
The whites intentionally destroyed not only the African civilization, but several civilizations....

The Caucasians are responsible for the whole mess in the world today....

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by HiddenShadow: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2017
Good Question
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2017
The reason Africa is behind in this modern world is the loss of self value given wings by a general poor knowledge of history. The reason Africa still accepts aids from donors all over the world is simply because the spirit of a typical African has been weakened by an inferior complex springing from a prolonged mental damage exercise.

Pride of being and race that push a community to preserve and advance itself were replaced at a certain point in our history by shame and disgust for self. As a result, the value we placed on human life fell. The value we placed on African lives fell.

This is why their is corruption among the African political elite and a mediocrity tussle in her masses. It is the reason why a human being, with a functional human brain, travels outside the continent, sees the level of development, quality and the standard of living there, goes back home and still steals more money to have that experience again.

He has no faith in himself or his people to reach the level of growth he sees overseas and his attitude further tightens the grip of retardation in the minds of other Africans who look up to him. We have to reconnect to our great past. When we had great respect and love for African lives.

The history of Africa, showing her strengths, must be broadcasted if the minds of Africans must be reprogrammed and elevated to reach the light. The leaders must show good intellectual behaviour and try to imprint them on the minds of the population. Corruption is just an offshoot.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/corruption-is-not-the-problem-with-africa/

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 26, 2017
adejumoadeoluwa:

If we look inwards we can answer this question. Every black man in any organization fight for self interest only. Blacks may see the big picture but lust for immediate gains make it difficult for them to concentrate effort on the bigger picture. It reflects on Nigeria by the type of leadership and government we run. Those apparently benefitting will support and preserve not minding the long term effect. The type of hatred we have for one another even when it hurts everyone in the lone run.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by dvkot(m): 9:39am On Nov 26, 2017
horsepower101:
Me personally I don't know about other Africans but I know that igbos in particular if given a nation of their own will develop rapidly like Japan and Korea did. They have the potential to do that but unfortunately they are surrounded by people that want them to fail and remain subjugated.
greed will not allow them, igbo man make money to intimidate his fellow ibo man. thats why biafra is not achiveable to them

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by WhiteRacist: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2017
plessis:
The whites intentionally destroyed not only the African civilization, but several civilizations....

The Caucasians are responsible for the whole mess in the world today....
trust me there was nothing like black civilization. the white man thought the Blackman how to carry sh.it. before then black do their business in the bush and run around naked which is not different from animals.

they were simply malnourish and haggard looking. they don't know the food with appropriate nutrition not to talk of dieting. they live in hut and enclave of themselves with no school and no writing record of themselves they only tell fictional stories of nature.

black man lags behind evolving from ape to human.

Malaysia, Singapore, civilization started of the same stage with blacks. even brazil was behind but how come theses countries with less natural resources are ahead of Africans communities.
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Daplux4: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2017
olawalepopoola:
Ask your self and let me ask myself. What have you done to contribute to its success. Black race is backward because of its people nothing more. Africa has the best land, rivers, landscape, biodiversity, climate but contains people that don't contribute their quota to its success.
The Chinese are where they are today because of the mentality of her people. Malaysia too.

it's simple, we have not had the right people in power for decades, especially in Nigeria.

our diversity is a big problem to us.
who can believe that Nigeria build cars.
A good one for that matter but our government turned elsewhere
just because it comes from the other side.
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by NCP: 10:04am On Nov 26, 2017
OP, go and research these....

Moses, Solomon and others, were they Blacks?

Was there a cultural revolution in Europe?

Who taught europeans medicine, hygiene etc.

Who were the Moors of Europe?

Who tamed the Europeans from babaric lifestyle and civilised Britain?
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Clentuzbaba(m): 10:14am On Nov 26, 2017
African problem is very glaring, LAZINESS AND COWARDICE. Read a book or watch a movie of 1000 years ago European history and all u see is how they built big castles, ran a modest society, educating their citizens, operating decent and comfortable horse carriages, developing vaccines against epidemics, documenting their histories and developing their international standing. chk out African history and all u see is how we walk bare footed, our kings living in mud houses, zero education or scolars and everyone living within d family circles.
During d SAKOKU period, Japan secluded itself from d whole world for over 200 years, banning its citizens from traveling out and restricting entrance into Japan so as to self-develop. That is courage, d gut to do it urself. Today African leaders travel out for vacations in foreign lands ratherthan make their own home a comfortable place. Today, hundred of thousands youths r out looking for underpaying jobs, commiting crimes rather than find d courage to create ur own life or at least die trying, they will all give excuses of no opportunity forgetting d fact that wen there is will there is way.
Talk to a Nigerian youth abt politics and and he will tell u zero interest coz its a dirty game and u can't change d system, we quickly submit to impossibility and live anyhow than dare tinz and win or die trying. An average European prefers to die fighting injustice than live under it. ahere we have a culture of accepting our situations no matter how brutal. The day we dump our LAZINESS AND COWARDICE and embrace COURAGE AND INTEGRITY is d day we start making progress.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by ApexPredator: 10:37am On Nov 26, 2017
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 26, 2017
Because people like danladi7 continue to support dullardism in perpetuity
Re: Why Is Africa Backwards & Why Are Blacks The Most Unsuccessful Race by Sunofgod(m): 10:50am On Nov 26, 2017
Because we vote people like Buhari to lead us,,, ,

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Gets 2 National Chairman / National Assembly Workers Issue Strike Notice Over Minimum Wage / 40 Young Nigerians Selected For US Mandela Fellowship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.