Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

"I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr (14797 Views)

Obiano Blasts Emeka Ojukwu Jnr: "You Are A Sad Irony Of Your Father" / Emeka Ojukwu Jnr Joins APC At APC Mega Rally In Anambra (Photos) / "Bianca Ojukwu Killed My Father" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by actiondrilling: 6:27am On Nov 26, 2017
First son of the late Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Emeka Ojukwu Jnr, has explained that his decision to join the All Progressives Congress (APC) was not for selfish aggrandisement, but to ensure that similar ideals that informed his late father’s action are upheld.

Ojukwu Jnr. added that he was merely walking in his father’s steps by ensuring that his actions are informed by the best interest of Nd’Igbo, recalling how, shortly after his return from exile in 1982, his father joined the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) rather than the Nigeria Peoples Party (NPP).

He said: “I can afford to stay back (in APGA) and wallow in sentimental politics that nkea bu nkeanyi (this is our own), but in the long run, what becomes of our tomorrow and place in the great Nigeria project, for which our forefathers laboured, invested their time, talent and even their blood?

“Which is preferable: to be a big fish in a small pond or a big fish in the ocean? Real champions are never afraid of the big league. That could be why late Dr. Chuba Okadigbo, asserted that if you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind. Nd’Igbo are not better off with emotional politics.”

Ojukwu spoke to The Guardian against the backdrop of recent statement by re-elected Governor Willie Obiano that he considers Ikemba’s son as of no consequence, but has extended an olive branch to stakeholders and co-contestants in the recent Anambra governorship poll.

He said the governor was still playing kindergarten politics, wondering why Obiano and other party chieftains should condemn him for identifying with APC while they struggle to impress President Buhari that they support him for a second term in office.

“So, while they seek to crucify me for joining APC, they express support and solidarity for the APC leader. Which is worse, to walk the talk or pander to politics of deceit and duplicity? What is the essence of being in a party that would rather support the presidential candidate of another party than choose its own?” he asked.

Ojukwu Jnr. stressed that having supported Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan in office, Nd’Igbo have decided to support President Buhari in the spirit of fairness and political goodwill, so that when a president of Igbo extraction emerges, other ethnic groups would reciprocate.

https://guardian.ng/news/im-walking-in-my-fathers-steps-says-ojukwu-jnr/

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Ikechuob: 6:30am On Nov 26, 2017
Wasn't this fool disowed by his father?

Why is he so desperate to get attention?

Didn't anyone let this fool know that the ojukwu popularity and support is meant for his father ONLY. You didn't do shit for your people so why do think anyone should listen to you? Oh because you have the ojukwu name that's why? The heck? Hell you were an embarrassment to your own father when he was alive. Stop trying to use him for relevance jeez. Go back to arguing with Bianca, after all that's all you're known for. Mtschewww

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by darkenkach(m): 6:31am On Nov 26, 2017
Your political career is about to come to a premature end.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by sarrki(m): 6:31am On Nov 26, 2017
darkenkach:
Your political career is about to come to a premature end.

In as much he's not supported by Igbos

He will shine

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by sarrki(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2017
We are with you Sir

Your enemies will perish

They will not know peace

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by sarrki(m): 6:34am On Nov 26, 2017
You are a good man that read and follow the way of thy Lord

Book of proverbs says

" He who stumble on the same stone twice deserves to break his neck.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by darkenkach(m): 6:35am On Nov 26, 2017
sarrki:

He will shine

Igbos are his people, who will vote for him? Abi who will recommend him for any federal appointment? It's over for Ojukwu jnr.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Ikechuob: 6:38am On Nov 26, 2017
darkenkach:

Igbos are his people, who will vote for him? Abi who will recommend him for any federal appointment? It's over for Ojukwu jnr.

He's hoping on rigging. Isn'tt that the only thing the niggerian politicians are good at.

7 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by ProudToBeAZombie: 6:39am On Nov 26, 2017
God bless him.

You are a patriot sir.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by darkenkach(m): 6:40am On Nov 26, 2017
Ikechuob:

He's hoping on rigging. Isn'tt that the only thing the niggerian politicians are good at.

Who will rig the election for him? Nob person wea like you and support you go help you rig election?

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by sarrki(m): 7:27am On Nov 26, 2017
ProudToBeAZombie:
God bless him.

You are a patriot sir.

Amen .

God bless you too

Thanks for queuing behind a patriot

Mr Ojukwu junior is one of the best thing that happened to the east in recent time

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by sarrki(m): 11:20am On Nov 26, 2017
Hmmm I will wait for myndd44 and lalasticlala to come before I take my leave
Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Ricindob(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ok
Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by BruncleZuma: 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
grin grin grin grin

His...****

[img]https:///media/11-26-2017/z28U5k.gif[/img]

...lives on.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by amiibaby(f): 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
I don't think so
Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by emeijeh(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ojukwu is dead, but his son manhood lives on

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Daniel058(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
The man is making sense.. To Me oo

REMEMBER, ONYE FEE EZE,.... GINI EMEE?

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by VampireeM(f): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yeah. Like Father , Like Son. Following your father's footstep as the coward he is. Funny how a persona non grata who couldn't even win his polling unit thinks he has an opinion and am even wondering who made the Ojukwu jnr Igbo spokesman. undecided

1 Like

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
His papa worked as APGA member
Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by einsteino(m): 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
actiondrilling:

He said: “I can afford to stay back (in APGA) and wallow in sentimental politics that nkea bu nkeanyi (this is our own), but in the long run, what becomes of our tomorrow and place in the great Nigeria project, for which our forefathers laboured, invested their time, talent and even their blood?

He said the governor was still playing kindergarten politics, wondering why Obiano and other party chieftains should condemn him for identifying with APC while they struggle to impress President Buhari that they support him for a second term in office.

“So, while they seek to crucify me for joining APC, they express support and solidarity for the APC leader. Which is worse, to walk the talk or pander to politics of deceit and duplicity? What is the essence of being in a party that would rather support the presidential candidate of another party than choose its own?” he asked.

Ojukwu Jnr. stressed that having supported Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan in office, Nd’Igbo have decided to support President Buhari in the spirit of fairness and political goodwill, so that when a president of Igbo extraction emerges, other ethnic groups would reciprocate.

he may not have any influence on the political sphere but he made some salient point with the above.. though i dont think supporting buhari means igbos would enjoy any support.

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by josephubah111(m): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
[plz.. ejoor.. u sabi the man personally.? cus this tin pain u oo
quote author=Ikechuob post=62719759]Wasn't this fool disowed by his father?

Why is he so desperate to get attention?

Didn't anyone let this fool know that the ojukwu popularity and support is meant for his father ONLY. You didn't do shit for your people so why do think anyone should listen to you? Oh because you have the ojukwu name that's why? The heck? Hell you were an embarrassment to your own father when he was alive. Stop trying to use him for relevance jeez. Go back to arguing with Bianca, after all that's all you're known for. Mtschewww

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by lordkush: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
this idiot boy

1 Like

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by free2ryhme: 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
actiondrilling:

First son of the late Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Emeka Ojukwu Jnr, has explained that his decision to join the All Progressives Congress (APC) was not for selfish aggrandisement, but to ensure that similar ideals that informed his late father’s action are upheld.

Ojukwu Jnr. added that he was merely walking in his father’s steps by ensuring that his actions are informed by the best interest of Nd’Igbo, recalling how, shortly after his return from exile in 1982, his father joined the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) rather than the Nigeria Peoples Party (NPP).

“Which is preferable: to be a big fish in a small pond or a big fish in the ocean? Real champions are never afraid of the big league. That could be why late Dr. Chuba Okadigbo, asserted that if you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind. Nd’Igbo are not better off with emotional politics.”

Ojukwu spoke to The Guardian against the backdrop of recent statement by re-elected Governor Willie Obiano that he considers Ikemba’s son as of no consequence, but has extended an olive branch to stakeholders and co-contestants in the recent Anambra governorship poll.

https://guardian.ng/news/im-walking-in-my-fathers-steps-says-ojukwu-jnr/

Ojukwu didnot have footsteps

He was always on the run

grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Xisnin(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
darkenkach:

Ipob are not his people, they are minority paper and online tigers,.
Despite the "boycott", more than 400,000 people voted in the Anambra elections.
Genuine Igbo people will vote.

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by kalu61(m): 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Sentiment aside,he has the right o choose anything he wants and mustn't live under the influence of his father.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Alexk2(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
"Dr. Chuba Okadigbo, asserted that if you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind."
The bold above settles it all and you need not say more. I wish igbos as a whole will see what you're seeing. It's long overdue, you guys must stop been sentimental when thinking politics; nigeria is far more than any region!

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by marooh: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
If u are really odumegwu jnr, then learn how to make customised noise like nnamdi kalu

Ayam not understanding .
Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by potipher7: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
[s]
sarrki:

He will shine
[/s]
you're a political toddler
you are an ignorant fat ewedu eater not to know that politics in Nigeria is local

if the likes of ngige ekwunife andy uba can die politically in anambra state immediately they entered apc
na this kpoti will survive.
fat boy I'll always advise you to hit the gym and loose weight even in your brain

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by emerazz(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Earthquake1: 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Xisnin:

Ipob are not his people, they are minority paper and online tigers,.
Despite the "boycott", more than[b]400,000[/b] people voted in the Anambra elections.
Genuine Igbo people will vote.

Anambra state has a population of 3 million do your maths and speak again grin
Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by YaxxVille(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Which step is that? Step of ethnic betrayal?
Re: "I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr by Opiletool(m): 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
free2ryhme:

Ojukwu didnot have footsteps

He was always on the run

grin grin

Lol

HHim legs no dey touch ground?
Abi Na edo Airways him dey use?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army, SSS, Police Shared Diezani’s $115m Bribe - Witness / Adejare Bello Dumps PDP For APC In Osun (Photos) / Lai Mohammed Approved N2.5 Billion ‘fraudulent’ Payment, But Claims Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.