Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin (14892 Views)

INEC Office In Delta State Set Ablaze / Breaking News: INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers / Campaign Office Of PDP Candidate Set Ablaze In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Codedrock(m): 4:34am On Feb 27, 2013
The Prayer, Faith and Miracle Ministry, a church located at Asa Dam area in Ilorin, capital of the central Nigerian state of Krawa was on Tuesday burnt down by yet to be identified persons.
The church which is also known as Ori-Oke Majemu Agbara was said to have been set ablaze todaywhen none of the church members or security guard was around.
The suspected arsonists also burnt musical instruments, and public address system kept in the church but spared the bible and portraits of Jesus Christ which they removed to the frontage of the church.
They also reportedly carted away about 400 plastic chairs being used by the congregation and clerics of the church during
service.
Pastor in charge of the church, Paul Adekeye, said the building had been badly burnt before they got wind of the development and invited the fire fighters to douse the flame.
He said the part-time security guard they employed to watch over the church did not come for duty when the incident occurred on the excuse that his wife was indisposed.
Adekeye said they had no quarrel over the land save about five years ago when a man from Baboko area of the town who claimed to be the estate agent in charge of it asserted that the land was not meant for church building.
He said the man had since aroundthat time stopped coming to disturb them when he was disowned by the owner of the land who sold it to the church. The pastor, who said they could not yet suspect anybody as the perpetrator of the arson, disclosed that the church has reported the matter to the police and the Department of State Security Service and that
they had come to inspect it and promised to carry out full investigation on it.
Adekeye, who said property destroyed in the arson was worthmillions of Naira, urged the state government to come to the aide of the church in reconstructing the building.
Also reacting to the development, the secretary of neighborhood Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN), Ayetoro/Jooro district in Asa Dam area, Gabriel Olasunkanmi Taiwo said urged the state government to interveneto ensure that an end
is put to burning of churches in the town.
Another church, a branch of Living Faith Church was burnt in the town about three months agowith the state
CAN suspecting a renowned University Islamic lecturer being the instigator of the arson.
Source- (PM news)
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:40am On Feb 27, 2013
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Gboliwe: 5:17am On Feb 27, 2013
Asa Dam? Thats where I am now. Didn't see or hear anything.
I'll verify in the morning.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Burger01(m): 6:18am On Feb 27, 2013
A Nigerian church? Na Burkina Faso church?
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by teniyi(m): 6:50am On Feb 27, 2013
Another lie. Now the CAN talk about suspect. Rubbish.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by naijathings(m): 9:16am On Feb 27, 2013
[size=16pt] "Adekeye, who said property destroyed in the arson was worthmillions of Naira, urged the state government to come to the aide of the church in reconstructing the building." meaning what please what has the state govt got to do with this?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:17am On Feb 27, 2013
Follows adently.... Make una no turn this to full fledge war ooo
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by ndlife: 9:18am On Feb 27, 2013
Many things happening.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Ahmed0336(m): 9:19am On Feb 27, 2013
Not again
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Born2beRich1(m): 9:22am On Feb 27, 2013
The people that burnt the church knows the truth thats why they didnt burn the bible or else the kind of curse that would have befallen them will just be enormous..

However, we should stop being religious fanatics and worship God in spirit and truth..

3 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by theripper: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2013
If I make 3 guesses of who fit b the arsonists, one must be correct.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by ohbejay(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2013
Haba dis is nt fair ooooooooo...MAy God 4give dem
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by ffo(m): 9:25am On Feb 27, 2013
another church again!!!
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by SORTER: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2013
SOURCE AND LINK IF ANY PLEASE?....
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 27, 2013
Sad sad jux sad
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2013
Islam.a.good
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Olumideta(m): 9:33am On Feb 27, 2013
A very serious investigation needed to be carried out and the perpetrators severely punished in order to put a stop to things like this. It is well.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by rman: 9:35am On Feb 27, 2013
Proper investigation should be carried out before wrong allegations are made.

Muslim and christians coexist peacefully in Ilorin and it hosts a lot of big churches.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2013
Hah, na my town be dat oooo. I dont support d burnin of churches in dat town bt d way ppl are buildin churches in Ilorin, u will think its nt an islamic city. Churches almost everywhere as if dey are openin kiosks. Churches don turn to business center. If nt dat Ilorin ppl are tolerant unlike some states in d north, u wouldnt hav found churches in almost every corner in Ilorin.
CIAO
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by 1shortblackboy: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2013
Live and let others live kwanu undecided

1 Like

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 27, 2013
could it be the handy work of Boko-Haram, JAMBS or Ansaru? mehn! too many terrorist groups in 9ja
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by vision2050: 9:46am On Feb 27, 2013
oogaooo evil people. Your days are number
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by WilyiWily: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2013
abdulkayus: Hah, na my town be dat oooo. I dont support d burnin of churches in dat town bt d way ppl are buildin churches in Ilorin, u will think its nt an islamic city. Churches almost everywhere as if dey are openin kiosks. Churches don turn to business center. If nt dat Ilorin ppl are tolerant unlike some states in d north, u wouldnt hav found churches in almost every corner in Ilorin.
CIAO
Look at this Pig

15 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Fadenitan(m): 9:49am On Feb 27, 2013
Ilorin,my state capital is know for peace and harmony.who are d enemy of my state?.Whosoever is behind this can never succeed.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by ochukoccna: 9:51am On Feb 27, 2013
For core north na church bombing
For Middle Belt na church burning
Lord Jesus,touch this extremists in your own special way
Amen
N:B
No need to call on govt fir security seeing they can't do jack
Incompetent,Unprepared,Outdated
They can't do jack

2 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by confusion247(m): 9:54am On Feb 27, 2013
abdulkayus: Hah, na my town be dat oooo. I dont support d burnin of churches in dat town bt d way ppl are buildin churches in Ilorin, u will think its nt an islamic city. Churches almost everywhere as if dey are openin kiosks. Churches don turn to business center. If nt dat Ilorin ppl are tolerant unlike some states in d north, u wouldnt hav found churches in almost every corner in Ilorin.
CIAO
So ilorin is an Islamic city? That's interesting, soon Osun state will be an Islamic state.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Afam4eva(m): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2013
I can't attend a church in a predominantly non Christian state. It's very dangerous. So, Kwara has joined too.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Zi: 9:56am On Feb 27, 2013
The arsonists must have had a filled day!
They had time to choose what to burn and what to spare!
They have time to move about 400 plastic chairs!
Yet, ...

cry cry
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Arysexy(m): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2013
CIAO

who made ilorin an islamic city? u r a pathetic f00l! Its ur like and die hard towel heads that go about burning churches out of envy, first it was Living faith, now another church is burnt. U may burn and bomb physical structures but u can never burn down the church of christ. Ewu congo!

9 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by gerald09(m): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2013
I call bulls**t! Go and investigate and stop blaming the islamic people, when boko haram was not in existence u would have said they saw a witch flying and said some spells n d church cut fire nw is all about muslim. ur members or a rival church shuld also be investigated.

4 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by hassey(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2013
am sure d act must b carried out by d xtians fellows who one way of d other hav misunderstanding wit d church. A muslim who hate d existance of d church will never spare anytin nt even d bible nt to talk of d image of d christe. D guard of d church need to b thoroughly investigated, cus am sure he must have ideas of d ppl dat carry out dat act. Bin absent for dat day from work is a reason for his involvement.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Am Walking In My Father’s Steps" - Emeka Ojukwu Jnr / Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki / APC Governors Forum Rates Ganduje Best performing Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.