Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,351 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale (27871 Views)

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / Buhari Blames Facebook For US Human Rights Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by kettykin: 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
highrise07:
KANU and his co travellers, learn from the past . Hausa soldiers are very good in suya preparation, while their Yoruba counterparts love it so much.

Actually the biafran army led by Ojukwu were stupidly naive , this time around biafrans would leave Nigerian soldiers and target Nigerian civilians 100% so when Nigeria starve 2 million biafrans to death 8 million Nigerians comprising of the relatives of the soldiers would be roasted alive in the world largest barbeque.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by kettykin: 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2017
leezzz:

im yet to see any igbo person that has called for war
heck even d hausas limit has been go back to ur region
d ss and middle belt have definitely not called for war
which leaves us with the sw
seriously why is it weneva d sw hear of biafra they immediately think about war

An they are they people who keep boasting of how they stopped biafra in ore and all that . possibly Igbo's need to realign their external policy .our next door neighbor might actually be our worst enemy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Chukazu: 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nwodosis:
Anybody that just want to be in the news will mention Biafra!

Jobless mofos ...I don't know how they always think of war when someone calls for separation or restructuring. Must we fight before we separate?

Mighty U.S.S.R never shot one gun before separation...their brain can't just think of any solution apart from war, it was the same mindset that led to the same civil war.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by saintneo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
morbeta:
A veteran journalist and professor of journalism, Idowu Sobowale, has revealed how he and other journalists were served human meat as Suya while covering the events of the civil war.

He said this while calling on people singing war songs to have a rethink, adding that war is not something to joke with.

Sobowale, who also served as a political adviser to a former Lagos State Governor, Lateef Jakande, told Punch how the capital of Anambra State, Awka, was levelled to the ground with no single building standing.

He said, “If you hear people singing war songs, they are most probably people who have never experienced war. Even if you escape, seeing the sufferings of others can be terrifying.

“There was a day when we got to the third marine command and the commander, Benjamin Adekunle, asked if we (journalists) liked Suya, he said we should get into the vehicle and he took us to where Biafra armoured cars had been disabled, with soldiers killed inside them. The place was terribly stinking.

“He said that was the Suya, we should eat. There was also a day we were taken to a small stream that separated the federal troops from the Biafra troops and those people had sharp shooters. The war was so fierce that when we were about to leave, out of the battalion that went, fewer than 20 people came back alive.

“Many had died, many had been so terribly wounded and they were just packed in lorries that brought them to Calabar for treatment. On many occasions, we would be eating and we would just hear gunshot and the soldier or someone else beside you would have been killed.

“That happened several times when we were eating. I had several instances of close shave with death. Let me not say more than that.
One crazy soldier was just coming from behind and he just took a cutlass and split the person ’s head into two just like that.

“It was not a pleasant thing to watch or wish for anybody . Look at Awka , the capital of Anambra State, it was levelled to the ground Not a single house was standing; not one.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/25/biafra-soldiers-gave-us-human-meat-suya-sobowale/#.WhpXFQRlNIQ.whatsapp

My simple comprehension of this story is: Benjamin Adekunle is a savage. No wonder he failed woefully in life. He only knows how to destroy and waste resources.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Mpanyi: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
Tell that to the Fulanis
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by juman(m): 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
Those military generals that killed millions of people went ahead and stole billions upon billions of dollars of nigerian money and brought the country down.

They never believed in one nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Augustin Muganza: Every year in April, the rainy season starts. And every year, every day in April, a haunting emptiness descends over our hearts. Every year in April I remember how quickly life ends.
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Mbediogu(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
Mr journalist so which people are calling for war?

And who are the ones who caused the war through newspaper articles? Who are the ones promotibg it now through articles such as this? JOURNALISTS! They prpmote and condemn war at the same time depending on where they are, and what they receive in brown envelopes.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Justiceleague1: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2017
SOBOWALE...a conehead..among head hunters...as if they are new to human parts and hunting of heads.. grin
mumunis et muftaus grin

Thunda faya all coneheads there angry

grin

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by OFFICIAL336: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
morbeta:

“It was not a pleasant thing to watch or wish for anybody. Look at Awka , the capital of Anambra State, it was levelled to the ground Not a single house was standing; not one.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/25/biafra-soldiers-gave-us-human-meat-suya-sobowale/#.WhpXFQRlNIQ.whatsapp
Go to Awka now, Oshogbo, Ado Ekiti and Akure that didn't see war can stand it in terms of development, private properties and social activities. This is what we call Resilience.
No wonder Enugu was appointed into world Top 100 most resilient cities.

Mr Afonja, calling for referendum is not calling for war. Product of quota system. I spit on your cone head.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Ikechuob: 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
When people say they are tired of sharing the same country and ask for a referendum and the first thing that goes on the head of someone that calls himself educated is war shows how truly primitive and backwards Niggeria are. Even western education didn't even help with some ignorance.

To whoever the guy that gave this bullshit, can't you people stay by yourself? Why are you afraid to divide and stay by your God damn selves?

It makes me laugh the people that repeatedly in the past screeched on how igbos benefit from Nigeria than the other way around are the set constantly doing interviews, articles, to try and discourage the ever growing push for referendum by the people they claim " need us more than we need them." First time I've ever seen someone begging those they claim are eating more to stay. First time in my life. There's so much more than meets the eyes and I really cannot wait till that Niggeria divides and whatever is they hiding and afraid of gets exposed. I can't wait!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Kaywaz(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
leezzz:

im yet to see any igbo person that has called for war
heck even d hausas limit has been go back to ur region
d ss and middle belt have definitely not called for war
which leaves us with the sw
seriously why is it weneva d sw hear of biafra they immediately think about war
Because the word Biafra was associated with war from the beginning. Just Google the word Biafra and show us what you saw
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
Kaywaz:

Because the word Biafra was associated with war from the beginning. Just Google the word Biafra and show us what you saw
blight of biafra
google that nah
hausas staged a counter coup with the aim of leaving the country but were stopped by d british
after killing igbos weda military or civillian in large numbers wat did u expect igbos to do?
play ten ten?
no other region in nigeria is calling for war apart from lagos ibadan press
that is d cold truth
ps if ds country refuses to face d truth then secession is inevitable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by delishpot: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
so, where is the part he was served human flesh disguised as suya
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Kaywaz(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
leezzz:

blight of biafra
google that nah
hausas staged a counter coup with the aim of leaving the country but were stopped by d british
after killing igbos weda military or civillian in large numbers wat did u expect igbos to do?
play ten ten?
no other region in nigeria is calling for war apart from lagos ibadan press
that is d cold truth
ps if ds country refuses to face d truth then secession is inevitable
I love your response my brother from the east side. The devil you've known for years is better than the angel you just met. The first thing we need to do is to put a stop to this tribalism of a thing and learn to love Ourselves,i don't even know why we attack each other when we're not animals

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
Kaywaz:

I love your response my brother from the east side. The devil you've known for years is better than the angel you just met. The first thing we need to do is to put a stop to this tribalism of a thing and learn to love Ourselves,i don't even know why we attack each other when we're not animals
u welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Adebowale89(m): 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
Afonjanightmare:

Sorry for the mistake, Afonjas are blood thirsty cannibals who contaminated the Aboki mallam race *fixed*

so after fixing your brain with mere words, what did you gain?

see Yoruba won't just aligned with you people coz of your dominiary nature. only you wnt to be president, VP. if they should assigned all govt ministries & agencies to you people, you will still cry of marginalisation

abeg na by force to have the same political ideology? that's hw one mumu was telling me in the other thread that he warned me nt to vote for buhari. who are you people to think you can decide for southwest. do your own, make I do mine

you people problem with southwest lies on politics that your people had brainwashed you with. you don't believe in sacred politics, which is one of the reason why southwest aligned politically wit north till date
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Joemint(m): 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Seems everyone is getting mad this days, is a call for referendum a song of war? Do we lack simple English understanding? Where did Nigerians even study? I don't understand why someone with wisdom will wish to continue in a failed structure called a country that will never adjust or change. Referendum is a civil right of an indigenous people. Pls let Igbos go since everyone hates them and their ways of life.
For me I used to support a restructured Nigeria but it's not forthcoming, so Biafra all the way biko.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by zynzyn(m): 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2017
Blackfyre:
Meat is meat in times of war....
Tell dem o. Dem no go hia!!
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Charly68: 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
adexuxin:
Traces of obstinacy. I use to appreciate Ibos until this Nnamdi Kanu Expose their tendencies to be brainwashed. Killing innocent youths.
The guy is typical 419

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by omangbeh: 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
WHY IS IT ONLY THE AFONJAS TALK ABOUT THEIR NON-EXISTENT HEROISM DURING HTE WAR. I HAVE NEVER HEARD A NORTHERNER, THE PEOPLE FOR WHOM NIGERIANS FOUGHT, EVER MAKE MOUTH ABOUT THE WAR.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by gidgiddy: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
"We fought for Oil" ~ Adekunle

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:14am On Nov 27, 2017
Afonjanightmare:
Hausa people are cannibals

IPOB brain working in reverse gear - where in the whole article did you come across anything remotely resembling the word Hausa?
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by Afonjanightmare(m): 5:53am On Nov 27, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

IPOB brain working in reverse gear - where in the whole article did you come across anything remotely resembling the word Hausa?
Reverse gear is better than cannibalism
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by lastempero: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2017
Did any group call for war?
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by rhelis: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2017
hahaha, na waooo human meat? God help Nigeria.
Experience much fun while shopping online at affordable price, plus you can bargain your price online
visit https://rhelis.com
Hurry Now!!!
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by BudeYahooCom: 11:46am On Nov 27, 2017
highrise07:
KANU and his co travellers, learn from the past . Hausa soldiers are very good in suya preparation, while their Yoruba counterparts love it so much.

We all agree that ewedurudeens are cannibals and skull miners that's why hausa muslims see them as inferior. grin

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by BudeYahooCom: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
To think that Benjamin Adekunle died begging for help and regretting is another lesson altogether.

Some people are adept at doing other people's dirty laundry.

Ewedu slaves are only created to die for their master.
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by BudeYahooCom: 11:50am On Nov 27, 2017
adexuxin:
Traces of obstinacy. I use to appreciate Ibos until this Nnamdi Kanu Expose their tendencies to be brainwashed. Killing innocent youths.

Ewedu Slave, Who your appreciation epp?
Re: Soldiers Gave Us Human Meat As Suya – Sobowale by KingSango(m): 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
morbeta:
A veteran journalist and professor of journalism, Idowu Sobowale, has revealed how he and other journalists were served human meat as Suya while covering the events of the civil war.

He said this while calling on people singing war songs to have a rethink, adding that war is not something to joke with.

Sobowale, who also served as a political adviser to a former Lagos State Governor, Lateef Jakande, told Punch how the capital of Anambra State, Awka, was levelled to the ground with no single building standing.

He said, “If you hear people singing war songs, they are most probably people who have never experienced war. Even if you escape, seeing the sufferings of others can be terrifying.

“There was a day when we got to the third marine command and the commander, Benjamin Adekunle, asked if we (journalists) liked Suya, he said we should get into the vehicle and he took us to where Biafra armoured cars had been disabled, with soldiers killed inside them. The place was terribly stinking.

“He said that was the Suya, we should eat. There was also a day we were taken to a small stream that separated the federal troops from the Biafra troops and those people had sharp shooters. The war was so fierce that when we were about to leave, out of the battalion that went, fewer than 20 people came back alive.

“Many had died, many had been so terribly wounded and they were just packed in lorries that brought them to Calabar for treatment. On many occasions, we would be eating and we would just hear gunshot and the soldier or someone else beside you would have been killed.

“That happened several times when we were eating. I had several instances of close shave with death. Let me not say more than that.
One crazy soldier was just coming from behind and he just took a cutlass and split the person ’s head into two just like that.

“It was not a pleasant thing to watch or wish for anybody . Look at Awka , the capital of Anambra State, it was levelled to the ground Not a single house was standing; not one.”

War is a poison antidote only to be used upon snake bite. All the revolutions were necessary to win freedom but civil wars are most bloody. Too much Ogun and not enough Oshun, people need more Oshun among those who need each other. We need empires to protect us from empires that will colonialize and enslave you and destroy your trade. I have no issue with war if it is necessary but we war against the wrong ones.

Ase

Love Sango

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sagay To Senate: You Are The Real Enemy Of Democracy, Not IGP / Army Raids Boko-Haram Sambisa Camp In Borno / I Am Not The Only One Asking For A Revolution - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.