Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! (808 Views)

Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by BlackManta(m): 9:21am On Nov 26, 2017
Back in 2013, in my home Church, something happened that changed my whole perspective. An alter call for donations was made, thus:
“Praise tha Lord o. Our Daddy in the Lord is visiting us with his army of Soldiers. We need to look after our daddy very well. We need to lodge him in the most expensive hotel in town for one week. Feed him and mummy, transport him and look after him while he is with us.”
I was already making calculations in my head at this point, with the idea of the price of the most expensive hotel, and what it costs to lodge people.
Then the announcer continued...
“We are also going to look after his 50-man entourage, likewise. It would cost us at least N100k per day to look after Daddy and Mummy, and at least N70k per day to look after each of his 50-man entourage.”
I’m quite fast with numbers, most especially when these numbers are about money. Thus, it took me less than a minute to come up with a sum total of what they expected us to donate so we can “look after” the spiritual leader of the church. We are talking about a fund raising of not less than N25.2 million Naira here. For what? Just to have the spiritual leader come and preach to us for a couple of hours per week?
When the calls were made for those who want to give N50k and above to walk down to the “healing ground” for special prayers, I was about to go. I had N50k to give. But then, I snapped within me. I remembered that there are families who are struggling to feed. I remembered that there are children who can’t go back to school because they can’t afford tuition. I remembered that there are people in hospitals who are dying because they can’t afford treatments of N10k.
I had initially wanted to stand up to walk to the front with my N50k, but I saw myself parking my bag, and walking out of the church.
I went out, waved an okada man, and asked him to take me to the central hospital. I went into the hospital, then asked the nurse if there was anyone struggling with medical bills. I was showed two patients. One was a woman who had just put to bed, and two was a child who had just been treated for malaria. I gave them N15k each. The child could now be allowed to go home. His petty trader single mother almost rolled on the floor thanking me. What for? N15k? It was embarrassing as well as fulfilling.... I actually dropped a tear.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by 40kobo77: 9:22am On Nov 26, 2017
God bless you.

I have stopped paying tithes,but instead give to the needy directly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by BlackManta(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2017
I took a bike to the car park, saw a crippled beggar, he was carrying his plastic plate begging the food seller for food. I gave him N5k, and also bought him food.
I went back to Church to join my parents, just like nothing happened.
The following day, I went to the primary school I attended at some point, greeted the head teacher, and asked if there was any student struggling financially. I was showed some. I chose three. I gave each of them N10k. I ended up spending over N65k on strangers who needed my money the most. I paid hospital bills, fed a beggar for at least one week, and paid tuition fees for three.
Any God who thinks that I should be in hell because I didn’t enrich an already stinking rich man who is a thousand times richer than myself and my parents, but rather gave that money to the poor, is a God I never want to have anything to do with.
This was the beginning of it all.
I don’t believe in tithing. That’s a modern day religious scam.
But I do “tithe”.
Everything that I should have dropped in the Church accounts goes directly to the poor. I pay tuition fees for people, I pay hospital bills, and I feed the poor. All these I do whenever I have the money to do it.
After this experience in 2013, I felt so happy within myself. I felt an inner Joy. I still feel joy within each time I remember that I have put and keep putting smiles on the faces of people who almost had no hope at some points, just with my N10k, N20k, here and there. So, I made a vow in 2013 that love is going to be my religion where I would be paying my tithe and offerings to people, mainly strangers that won’t recognize me again some hours after.
Even the Bible says; “whatsoever you do to the least of thou brethren, so you do unto me.”
Jesus Christ gave more than he received. The early missionaries that brought Christianity to Nigeria gave more than they received. They built schools, hospitals and churches for free. They did a lot to improve human lives, and asked for nothing back.... only believe.
But the opposite is what we have amongst Nigerian pastors these days. They make their gullible members milk cows to enrich themselves.
What is a sane man, who goes by the title “GO” in a country where many only survive on less than a dollar a day doing with four private jets? That has gone beyond greed, that’s insanity! And Nigerians keep enabling these brands of insanities.
Nigerian pastors and GOs will continue getting richer for as long as the average Nigerian Christian remains gullible. This gullibility is simply self-inflicted-mental-laziness. You have refused to think with your brains, so these GOs think for you. And they think for you to their own benefits.
I don’t give in Churches anymore. Heaven knows I won’t give a dime to a multi-billionaire pastor while there are still beggars on the streets.
Nigerian Christians need to start using their brains. This is URGENT!
Think man, think woman, because no one ever died of thinking critically with his or her brain.
Even though I become a billionaire today, no Nigerian pastor would get a dime from me. My “tithes”, alms, offerings and seeds would all go directly to the poor in my society. Not to some of the richest people in the world.
-Nkechi Bianze

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by dingbang(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2017
The writer did well.....

1 Like

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by delishpot: 9:37am On Nov 26, 2017
Donate to the church for the smooth running of the church eg light bill, rent ,soaps etc but do not forget to support those around you who need help. Even the pastor should also pull from the excess of the church to help the community.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by Settingz321(m): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2017
Dem pastor Suleman watch dogs are coming for you in mass like this
Wait and see

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by gmaribel(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2017
BlackManta:
I took a bike to the car park, saw a crippled beggar, he was carrying his plastic plate begging the food seller for food. I gave him N5k, and also bought him food.
I went back to Church to join my parents, just like nothing happened.
The following day, I went to the primary school I attended at some point, greeted the head teacher, and asked if there was any student struggling financially. I was showed some. I chose three. I gave each of them N10k. I ended up spending over N65k on strangers who needed my money the most. I paid hospital bills, fed a beggar for at least one week, and paid tuition fees for three.
Any God who thinks that I should be in hell because I didn’t enrich an already stinking rich man who is a thousand times richer than myself and my parents, but rather gave that money to the poor, is a God I never want to have anything to do with.
This was the beginning of it all.
I don’t believe in tithing. That’s a modern day religious scam.
But I do “tithe”.
Everything that I should have dropped in the Church accounts goes directly to the poor. I pay tuition fees for people, I pay hospital bills, and I feed the poor. All these I do whenever I have the money to do it.
After this experience in 2013, I felt so happy within myself. I felt an inner Joy. I still feel joy within each time I remember that I have put and keep putting smiles on the faces of people who almost had no hope at some points, just with my N10k, N20k, here and there. So, I made a vow in 2013 that love is going to be my religion where I would be paying my tithe and offerings to people, mainly strangers that won’t recognize me again some hours after.
Even the Bible says; “whatsoever you do to the least of thou brethren, so you do unto me.”
Jesus Christ gave more than he received. The early missionaries that brought Christianity to Nigeria gave more than they received. They built schools, hospitals and churches for free. They did a lot to improve human lives, and asked for nothing back.... only believe.
But the opposite is what we have amongst Nigerian pastors these days. They make their gullible members milk cows to enrich themselves.
What is a sane man, who goes by the title “GO” in a country where many only survive on less than a dollar a day doing with four private jets? That has gone beyond greed, that’s insanity! And Nigerians keep enabling these brands of insanities.
Nigerian pastors and GOs will continue getting richer for as long as the average Nigerian Christian remains gullible. This gullibility is simply self-inflicted-mental-laziness. You have refused to think with your brains, so these GOs think for you. And they think for you to their own benefits.
I don’t give in Churches anymore. Heaven knows I won’t give a dime to a multi-billionaire pastor while there are still beggars on the streets.
Nigerian Christians need to start using their brains. This is URGENT!
Think man, think woman, because no one ever died of thinking critically with his or her brain.
Even though I become a billionaire today, no Nigerian pastor would get a dime from me. My “tithes”, alms, offerings and seeds would all go directly to the poor in my society. Not to some of the richest people in the world.
-Nkechi Bianze

Your story reminds me of an experience I had earlier this year.
I had to undergo a major surgery at Asokoro District Hospital Abuja. People usually come to ward and give gifts to patients, milk, tissue, soap etc. But there was one that stood out.

At about 2pm the matron in charge of our ward came in and started sharing N5,000 to all the patients saying its a gift to help in settling our bills, We were 12 in the male surgical ward. I asked her who gave this money, she just said the name of the giver is Victoria. And I learnt that she did same in all other wards.

What is interesting is that we never saw her in person and she didn't discriminate whether Muslim or Christiane didnt try to preach she just gave freely. Wherever you are Madam Victoria may God Almighty continue to bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by nuclearboy(m): 11:31am On Nov 26, 2017
Matthew 25:35-40 New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

and for some.....

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by MuttleyLaff: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2017
nuclearboy:
Matthew 25:35-40 New International Version (NIV)
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

and for some.....
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Nuke nice to see you share gritty realism in here again
Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by ikaboy: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2017
God bless the Catholic Church.
Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by BlackManta(m): 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
Lalasticlacla
Mynd44
Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by An2elect2(f): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
ikaboy:
God bless the Catholic Church.
Nah. The catholic church started this mess: mass propagation of false doctrines. Pentecostals who followed likewise have obviously erred greatly but the catholic even 1000 times. Two wrongs don't make a right one.

"Being charitable" like your pope wants everyone to believe would not absorb him of the heresies in his convent. Don't deceive yourselves thinking you can outsmart God or earn His blessings with "good deeds" when you still challenge the supreme authority of the scriptures with your traditions.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! by BlackManta(m): 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
An2elect2:
Nah. The catholic church started this mess: mass propagation of false doctrines. Pentecostals who followed likewise have obviously erred greatly but the catholic even 1000 times. Two wrongs don't make a right one.

"Being charitable" like your pope wants everyone to believe would not absorb him of the heresies in his convent. Don't deceive yourselves thinking you can outsmart God or earn His blessings with "good deeds" when you still challenge the supreme authority of the scriptures with your traditions.

Thank you for this.

The Catholic is much worse.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/12/17 / What To Do Before Sleeping Concerning The Fulani Herdsmen Killings.... / RCCG Special Divine Encounter Day 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.