Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks (9205 Views)

Policemen Ask A Driver Sit On The Floor For Disobeying Them (pics) / Ask A Ghanaian Anything / Questions From A Somali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by naijamini(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2010
@Isiolo
Your frustration is understandable. The fact is that the lies that were told to subjugate and dehumanize us ages ago lives on. Many of us today have being taught completely untrue and downright cruel stuff about our past, and we keep passing it from one generation to the other without question. I know this from a personal perspective. Until I began to read some books about ancient Africa that have begun to right the wrongs it was easy to accept many of these lies. At some point the "absence" of black people in history seemed to suggest that we were the outcome of some accident. Although nobody had said that to me directly it was a conclusion that jumped out of the dim view of black people globally. It turns out that in fact this was the explanation the caucasians gave of our existence in the past. My eyes have been opened by reading and searching for knowledge about Africa's past. What I have found were pleasantly surprising. Glorious civilizations all over the African continent, not only since the 1000 AD, but deep in the past to the begining of human civilization. Some of the bad, but true, stuff they associate with Africa were actually the same things almost everyone around the world was practicing during that period. For example, they use to claim that Africans were born slaves to justify their cruelty, but the word slave itself came out of the word "slav" representing a large number of people on the European continent! Everyone was praticising slavery in those days, but the Europeans wanted to take it several steps higher so they had to lie to themselves in justification.

I used to believe that Somalis, etc were the product of mixtures, but it has been shown that these people have lived in that area from ancient times. Not hybrids at all. Africa is recognized as the origin of mankind, and also that we have the greatest variation in DNA of any continent. Africa literally was the center of the Universe, the continent that stayed in place while others moved.

If anybody is in doubt about the extent the caucasians went to dismiss or claim anything remotely sophisticated in Africa look at the video below and listen to the LIE that came out of this 1960s narrator right at the begining. He basically said that those black people were "Aryan". Why? Because by the 1960s it had become obvious that the Ethiopians had a WRITTEN history and culture comparable to the "great" civilizations of the world.

We need to reclaim our history and glorious past by making Africa the best it could be. We have enormous potentials, but are missing a few good men and women to lead us out of the wilderness.

.[center][flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XIhibezSQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash][/center]

Isiolo:

I truthfully can't help some of this ignorance here, if you wanna call all 15 million Somalis in the Horn hybrids go on, and go ahead, call the 30 million Oromo hybrids as well and the 30 million Habesha hybrids as well, the entire Horn are all hybrids, go on tell us that lol.

And also tell those Berbers who are natives of Africa who share 90% DNA with Somalis that they're also hybrids because they don't resemble your image of "African looks", tell the Egyptians they're also hybrids, and tell the Khoisan of South Africa they're hybrids. Might as well tell the greater 50% of Africa they're all hybrids and foreigners to your strange image of your continent. BUT what if we said YOU are foreigners to OUR Africa? How would that strike you, INVADER? lol. Africa is the land of its owners whomever they may be from the Khoisan to the Tuareg and nothing but your ignorance changes that.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Ikengawo: 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2010
its a stupid assumption that they are ALL mixed with arab when ethiopia, which used to own somalia, was never colonized by arabs or anyone
Somalia was eventually colonized but whites but the hardly stepped foot into the country

africans have diverse looks. they're not all the typical 'nigerian' look and we should stop acting ignorant when they're not. whites and arabs came FROM blacks not vis versa
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by KnowAll(m): 7:25pm On Apr 10, 2010
Why should we be asking somalians questions, in fact Somalians had better start thinking with their brains. I don't care if u are mixed with the devil, one thing I am sure is Somalians have the largest diaspoarans of mordern day Africa in the western world. Somalians should organise themselves, every DIASPOARAN familiy contributing to a new War effort. I would suggest young Somalians in diasporas of 18 to 35 to organise themselves into a militia. They should speak to the Kenyan Authorities to provide lands for training. They should solicit for funds from the four corners of the Earth with a possibly added backing of the super powers Like Washington and London and the EU behind this new adventure of taking their country back from the bandits running the country.

The theme of this war would be a no hold bar conflict, the geneva convention can take a back sit for a moment, that is total annihilation of any opposition that they comfront, don't allow your enemies to escape to fight another day, seek them out from their holes and destroy them. I think you mind need to take a few lessons from the Nigerian Army of how they dealt with the Boko Haram problems, no prisoners total destruction.

This should be the Generational duty of the present crop of Somalians in diasporas any other school of thought or discussion is a complete and utterly waste of time. The world we like to know your culture the day u wrestle your country from those ameteurs al queda intimidating the poor citizenry. Your country has a 1000 miles of beautiful beach why leave such a paradise to a bunch or area boys with AK47, the earlier u get rid of these rag-tag toy soldiers the better for you lot. You can make your country a paradise so get started. angry
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Devonian(m): 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2010
@ KnowAll: I very much agree with your reasoning. Nonetheless,
@ OP: Given that Somalia had been part and parcel of the trans-sahara trade since about the 2nd century BC, it would be an absolute lie to claim that there were no sexual liaisons between the Arabs and the Ancient Somalis which over these centiries had produced mixed raced children.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by DisGuy: 1:03am On Apr 11, 2010
Isiola

I dont know what part of the world you live but, I have always wondered why is it that most adult Somalians and others from that region avoid working and tehy dont integrate as much

Secondly i know it sort of an african culture to have many children, why is it that they also do this when they are out of their environment and usually on welfare?

Ikengawo:

its a silly assumption that they are ALL mixed with arab when ethiopia, which used to own somalia, was never colonized by arabs or anyone
Somalia was eventually colonized but whites but the hardly stepped foot into the country

africans have diverse looks. they're not all the typical 'nigerian' look and we should stop acting ignorant when they're not. whites and arabs came FROM blacks not vis versa

exactly, afterwards we wil start asking why is it that other African countries hate nigerians!!! almost all countries in Africa if not the world hate Nigerians on first impression!! and we have the cheek to look down on others weird uh
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by igboboy1(m): 11:23am On Apr 11, 2010
Ikengawo:

its a silly assumption that they are ALL mixed with arab when ethiopia, which used to own somalia, was never colonized by arabs or anyone

nobody said they are typically nigerian, africans are very diverse indeed my friend,

you talking about colonization which happened in recent times, Please the mixture I talk about occured thousands of years ago, they have been mixed before the formation of Islam, look at history books,
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by igboboy1(m): 11:28am On Apr 11, 2010
Isiolo:

I truthfully can't help some of this ignorance here, if you wanna call all 15 million Somalis in the Horn hybrids go on, and go ahead, call the 30 million Oromo hybrids as well and the 30 million Habesha hybrids as well, the entire Horn are all hybrids, go on tell us that lol.

And also tell those Berbers who are natives of Africa who share 90% DNA with Somalis that they're also hybrids because they don't resemble your image of "African looks", tell the Egyptians they're also hybrids, and tell the Khoisan of South Africa they're hybrids. Might as well tell the greater 50% of Africa they're all hybrids and foreigners to your strange image of your continent. BUT what if we said YOU are foreigners to OUR Africa? How would that strike you, INVADER? lol. Africa is the land of its owners whomever they may be from the Khoisan to the Tuareg and nothing but your ignorance changes that.

Khosian are very african for your information, I have reitierated several times the diversity of the black race,

However, Yes Somalis are black people with mixed arab heritage, the rest of us are different not becuase of being mixed, but thats how we are grin
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by igboboy1(m): 11:34am On Apr 11, 2010
Due to its longstanding ties with the Arab world, Somalia was accepted in 1974 as a member of the Arab League. To strengthen its relationship with the rest of the African continent

should be more like due to its arab blood, somalia was admitted to the Arab League, I thought arab league was meant to be for Arabs? Well I guess somalis are blakc arabs grin
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by ElRazur: 11:37am On Apr 11, 2010
Question for the Somali.

Why is sewing of ladies punannii common in your region? I know in Nigeria we have sex with minor up in the north, but why is the sewing shut of a woman's private part still common? And to make it worse, a man dis-virgin such woman without taking off the thread. Is there any cultural justification for this?

By the way Khaan is an awesome rapper. cool

I look forward to your answer.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by illusion2: 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2010
KnowAll:

Why should we be asking somalians questions, in fact Somalians had better start thinking with their brains. I don't care if u are mixed with the devil, one thing I am sure is Somalians have the largest diaspoarans of mordern day Africa in the western world. Somalians should organise themselves, every DIASPOARAN familiy contributing to a new War effort. I would suggest young Somalians in diasporas of 18 to 35 to organise themselves into a militia. They should speak to the Kenyan Authorities to provide lands for training. They should solicit for funds from the four corners of the Earth with a possibly added backing of the super powers Like Washington and London and the EU behind this new adventure of taking their country back from the bandits running the country.

The theme of this war would be a no hold bar conflict, the geneva convention can take a back sit for a moment, that is total annihilation of any opposition that they comfront, don't allow your enemies to escape to fight another day, seek them out from their holes and destroy them. I think you mind need to take a few lessons from the Nigerian Army of how they dealt with the Boko Haram problems, no prisoners total destruction.

This should be the Generational duty of the present crop of Somalians in diasporas any other school of thought or discussion is a complete and utterly waste of time. The world we like to know your culture the day u wrestle your country from those ameteurs al queda intimidating the poor citizenry. Your country has a 1000 miles of beautiful beach why leave such a paradise to a bunch or area boys with AK47, the earlier u get rid of these rag-tag toy soldiers the better for you lot. You can make your country a paradise so get started. angry

Save your advice for your fellow Nigerians. . . . sad. . . . .
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by DisGuy: 12:10am On Apr 12, 2010
ElRazur:

Question for the Somali.

Why is sewing of ladies punannii common in your region? I know in Nigeria we have intimacy with minor up in the north, but why is the sewing shut of a woman's private part still common? And to make it worse, a man dis-virgin such woman without taking off the thread. Is there any cultural justification for this?

By the way Khaan is an awesome rapper. cool

I look forward to your answer.

maybe you should tell him why cut of ladies punanni is still common in big ol' nigeria!
You dont know of intimacy with minors south of the river ?  shocked
or pounding of live babies with mortar and pistol east and west of the river for money?
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by naijamini(m): 1:09am On Apr 12, 2010
@igbo boy

You are still reading the old lies or ignorance written about Africa from ages ago. The scientific evidence and archaelogical evidence have begun to show that all humans came out of Africa. The Somalis and Ethiopians are closely located to the point of human dispersal, and so would most likely carry a combination of the genetics of the entire human race as the evidence seems to suggest:

[b]Overall, the genetic studies conclude that Somalis and their fellow Ethiopian and Eritrean Northeast African groups represent a unique and distinct racial bloc on the continent:[39]

"The most distinct separation is between African and non-African populations. The northeastern-African -- that is, the Ethiopian and Somali -- populations are located centrally between sub-Saharan African and non-African populations,  The fact that the Ethiopians and Somalis have a subset of the sub-Saharan African haplotype diversity -- and that the non-African populations have a subset of the diversity present in Ethiopians and Somalis -- makes simple-admixture models less likely; rather, these observations support the hypothesis proposed by other nuclear-genetic studies (Tishkoff et al. 1996a, 1998a, 1998b; Kidd et al. 1998) -- that populations in northeastern Africa may have diverged from those in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa early in the history of modern African populations and that a subset of this northeastern-African population migrated out of Africa and populated the rest of the globe. These conclusions are supported by recent mtDNA analysis (Quintana-Murci et al. 1999)."[/b]

Ask yourself this simple question: If all humans originated from one original stock or as the Bible says Adam and Eve, which race today do you think those original pairs would most likely look like. Ah, now you get it, they would probably look more like the Ethiopians or Somalians, then the Arabs and a lot less than the so-called whites or sub-saharan blacks or Asians. Personally, I have really only met a few "white" or "black" people cheesy

igbo boy:

Khosian are very african for your information, I have reitierated several times the diversity of the black race,

However, Yes Somalis are black people with mixed arab heritage, the rest of us are different not becuase of being mixed, but thats how we are grin

Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by THEAMAKA(f): 1:58am On Apr 12, 2010
who bloody cares what Somalis are or aren't.
this is a NIGERIAN forum, carry your "issues" elsewhere.

like WTF? and it's relation to politics?. . . undecided
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by sage(m): 3:23am On Apr 12, 2010
This topic makes me laugh

100% "Negro"? "black race"? etc etc What century is this? 18th century?

What people have to understand is that phonotype has little co-relation to genetics.

Biologically and by genetics there is no such thing like a "black race"

White North Africans share more genetic closeness to certain West and East African groups than those West and East African groups share with Southern Africans. If you get a West African, North African and a Southern African and compare them to each other GENETICALLY you would realize that looks tell you NOTHING about genetic make up. Same with East Africans

Just because North and East Africans look different does not mean they are "mixed" people

Both white North Africans and East Africans posses the the indigenous African Haplotype not that of Europeans or Arabs
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by shilling(f): 4:11am On Apr 13, 2010
I've met Somalians who look African and Somalian's who look Arabish. . . don't know if that makes you "mixed" or not . . . seriously, why is this even an issue? Is there a point to prove, am I missing something? Anyways, I think there are more important issues to discuss.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Abaasi: 5:33am On Apr 21, 2010
Ethiopians, Somalis, Eritreans and Oromos are all very much African, Not everyone has to be bantu, mbuti, or nilotic an so on and so forth to be african,

Also Somalis do not consider themselves arabs, but they do share alot of customs with the arabs and that is due to the fact that the 2 regions have been trading for thousands of years, They are also part of the arab league for political reasons. The late great Said Barre (exiled to lagos and died their) stated that politics was a "chess game"
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Esmeee(f): 12:32am On Apr 23, 2010
This topic makes me laugh, why should it bother you guys so much if we are MIXED or Not, at the end of the day We are all Africans and should support each other instead of putting each other down,

=) its best not to arque about something that some of you's clearly know nothing about
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 23, 2010
Devonian:

@ KnowAll: I very much agree with your reasoning. Nonetheless,
@ OP: Given that Somalia had been part and parcel of the trans-sahara trade since about the 2nd century BC,
it would be an absolute lie to claim that there were no sexual liaisons between the Arabs and the Ancient Somalis which over these centiries had produced mixed raced children.

You are absolutely right, Somalis are mixed race, there ain't no doubt about it,

This is typical Caucasian nose

Afro-Caucasian nose
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by edoyad(m): 5:47am On Apr 23, 2010
KenyanLady:

You are absolutely right, Somalis are mixed race, there ain't no doubt about it,

This is typical Caucasian nose

Afro-Caucasian nose

lol , so your conclusion was reached solely on the shape of the nose. Rihanna is Somali too ?  grin  . Why not use the hair texture and male phallus size ?

@topic i think we should be more concerned about restoring sanity to that land that's an embarrassment to all sane Africans.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 23, 2010
gosh- plz throw all these come-and-worship-me threads in the relevant section. That would be culture, general or racism and tribalism.

we have our own way of life (nomadism)

nothing like nomadism in Nigeria. What does it mean.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 23, 2010
@kenyanlady:

does this nose look like the ones you posted:

[img]http://4.bp..com/_GEZL_Qmwz0M/SquiBQutK3I/AAAAAAAABgc/L7HKt-olhvQ/s400/Ife_bronze_head.jpg[/img]
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 27, 2010
tpia.:

@kenyanlady:

does this nose look like the ones you posted:

[img]http://4.bp..com/_GEZL_Qmwz0M/SquiBQutK3I/AAAAAAAABgc/L7HKt-olhvQ/s400/Ife_bronze_head.jpg[/img]

No. this nose look like Bantu nose, I mean real African nose.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 27, 2010
@edoyad

Rihanna is a Barbadian and half Kenyan.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 27, 2010
Can people like igboboy and Kenyanlady stop embarassing themselves with their rank ignorance.

Kenyanlady says Somalians must be descended from Arabs because they have a ''caucasian'' nose. This is just the sort of ignorant comment that makes one shake the head at our collective post-colonial miseducation.

For your information, genetic studies indicate clearly that Africa is home to the black race, which itself is diverse in physiology and phenotype. The Somaloid phenotype is as indigenous to the continent as the Ghanaian, with no admixture. African civilization in ancient Punt and Ethiopia predates by thousands of years the evolution of Arabs, Berbers, or Caucasians. How then can Somalians or Ethiopians be ''descended from'' Arabs or Europeans??

According to the Out of Africa Theory accepted by the majority of experts, of the 3 major genetic haplogroups which arose in Africa, ONE haplogroup ALONE migrated out of the continent. That group departed from East Africa, in the regions peopled by Ethiopians, Eritreans, Tanzanians, Somalians.

As those groups migrated and settled in temperate climates to the north, their physiology adapted to those new environments, leading to lighter skin etc.

You will find that many Arabs and European groups share genetic identity with the East Africans. Because they are offspring of ancient migrating settlers from East Africa and the Horn of Africa.

This explains why many Arabs and Caucasians LOOK LIKE Somalians and Ethiopians in terms of phenotype.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 27, 2010
KenyanLady:

No. this nose look like Bantu nose, I mean real African nose.

how is this nose different from what you showed earlier?
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by IkeLike: 3:50am On May 31, 2010
Hi, folks.

I must say that I agree with igbo boy.

there is just too much evidence on the contrary that somalis are NOT of mixed race.

In fact-- go on a somali message board and they share an INTESNE hatred of blacks, and have WORDS in their language that separates themselves from other Africans.

I was down-right shocked when I saw the such immense amount of hatred they had for other Africans, including AFRICA_AMERICANS.

They seemed to reserve mos of their hate for West africans-- whom they deem as BANTU-- because of their typical BLACK features (nappy hair, dark skin, black nose, etc.)

To be short-- there is something DEFINITELY wrong with this group of people
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 31, 2010
who cares?

those of you who want to date them should go slug it out elsewhere.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by ikeyman00(m): 8:12pm On May 31, 2010
@@@@@@@@

somalians are freaking annoying; they hate nigeria like s hit

i hate u lots!!! grin
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by ifele(m): 11:17pm On May 31, 2010
The thing dont complain against God or man if other folks dont look like you or your people. Those different looking people do not exist for your sake.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by IkeLike: 8:12am On Jun 11, 2010
ifele:

The thing dont complain against God or man if other folks dont look like you or your people. Those different looking people do not exist for your sake.

huh?
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by IkeLike: 8:14am On Jun 11, 2010
tpia.:

who cares?

those of you who want to date them should go slug it out elsewhere.

This ISNT about dating them.

this is about respect and the tremendous amont of self-hatred they have for blacks and black features.

We as Africans talk about the self-hatred and colorism in AA and U.K. caribbean community ALL the time, but refuse to address when someone from our own continent exhibits it just as clearly if not even MORE worst than your average AA can or will.
Re: Ask A Somali Anything, Naija Folks by IkeLike: 8:15am On Jun 11, 2010
And, since you're the one who brought it up, maybe you are the one who is thinking about dating one of them. quit broadcasting how you really feel off on me! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governors Will Abuse State Police - Jonathan / Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP / FG Determined To Kill PDP – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.