Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,218 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Could Christians And Muslims Share Same Origin And Prophets? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could Christians And Muslims Share Same Origin And Prophets? (343 Views)

Exposing Nigeria Fake Pastors And Prophets / Christians And Muslims Celebrate Christmas Together In Kaduna (Photo) / Was The God Of The Poor Apostles And Prophets Of Old, A Poor God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Could Christians And Muslims Share Same Origin And Prophets? by Blonchilli(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2017
In Genesis Chapter 15 verse 5 we were told God asked Abraham to count the stars because that would be the number of his seed (children) and that promise began in Genesis 16 verse 15 Hagar bare him a son Ishmael. Now in Genesis 21 verse 2 Sarah bare him a son, Isaac. These has been one of the greatest stories ever told in my opinion. In Genesis chapter 21 9-21 Hagar and her son Ishmael were driven out of Abram's home but we are told he survived the desert and prospered. Now I don't have access to the Koran but Abram is also in the Koran (so I've heard) and it's believed that Islam came out from Ishmael and Christianity/Jew from Isaac. There are also Prohets (Moses etc) that appears in both Holy Books. Now my point is can we say both Religion originated from thesame source and could we say both are like half-brothers or something. Now the thing with half-brothers and family you'll always fight yourselves but understand you share same father/mother. So I want the Muslim scholars and Christian scholars to explain this further.
P. S: No abusive words or condemning anyone to Hell/Jahannam.
Re: Could Christians And Muslims Share Same Origin And Prophets? by 40kobo77: 11:11am On Nov 26, 2017
Ishmael was the bastard child of Abraham.

Ishmael also started Islam.

If only there was condom then.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Today's Hadith / Between Daddy Freeze And Pastors / Reglion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.