Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Sermon : Condemnation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sermon : Condemnation (368 Views)

100 Keys On How To Remain Poor By Dr. DK Olukoya – Written Sermon / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef Calls Black People 'Monkeys' During His Weekly Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sermon : Condemnation by EbonyMira(f): 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Condemnation(Mt7:1-2)
Christians, what exactly is condemnation?

By dictionary definition -
It can be defined as the act of condemning or pronouncing to be wrong; blame; disapprobation.
Condemnation is the lifestyle of the devil. He lives to condemn, and it is sad that Christians today condemn their brethren, the prostitute, the pastors....etc. The unbelievers condemn the church, and some Christians join them in condemnation. I cannot fault either, but one is doing it out of ignorance, the other, out of fear. Fear of being called 'pastors sympathizer', 'sheeple', or any other name that trends against Christians these days. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Don’t condemn your brethren because the trend today gravitates towards attacking Children of God and leaders in the church. By condemnation, I am not talking about the knowledge of good and evil, and the separation that comes thereof. I speak of condemnation unto death.

John 10:10 - The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance.

The distinction between Jesus(our Savior) and the devil(the accuser) is clearly made in this verse. The devil is capable of 3 things and everything he does is subjected to these 3 things.

Condemnation to steal: The devil robs us of our blessings by constantly condemning us to the Father. He steals from the children of God and give it to the children of darkness. Brethren, condemning another is helping the devil in his chores. Do not help the devil to steal from your neighbor.

Condemnation to kill: After the devil steals the blessings of Christians, he faults them before the Father, so they may perish is sickness, lack, accident and so many vices the devil cooks up to kill the children of God. The protective cover of God can be removed when your sin is made open before the Father. Just as Balaam taught Balak to set a trap for Israel, the children of darkness and many Christians today set a trap of Condemnation for their brethren. Faulting them in all their ways, knowing not what they do is evil before the sight of God.

Condemnation to destroy: The end game of the devil is utter destruction of souls loved by God and destined for eternal praise and reign with Jesus Christ our Lord. The devil steals, kills, so he can destroy. Destruction is a result of stealing and killing. Brethren, don’t let the devil use you in the act of condemnation.

Mind your speech against pastors and your brethren
Matthew 12:36-37
36But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every idle word they speak.
37For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced.

The condemnation you speak unto others goes back to condemn you during judgement as we are not perfect in nature. The perfect one Himself judged not, so who are we to judge others? The devil has made it a habit to entice Christians to judge and condemn the church leaders. Cut off the head, and the body will be destroyed. That’s why I am not surprised when a half caste OAP preaches falsely against pastors and calls them ‘yahoo boy pastors’ while dining openly with millionaires with absolutely no disclosure of their wealth source.

Follow Jesus
He came so we may have life and have it in abundance.
John 3:16-17-
16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
17For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

Verse 16 shows us and explains what love is. Love is laying down ones life for another. God layed down his life for us his beloved so we can enjoy the riches in glory and escape destruction.

Verse 17 gives another distinction between Jesus and the devil. Jesus was sent to give life, the devil lives to condemn.

As Christians, we have to be Christ-like and embrace the love of God. We need to give out love and continually radiate it. Love God and Love others as you love yourself and that’s all the requirements you need for eternal reign. For God is love and any man who dwells in love dwells in God and God in him.

Who you are
Are you for God or the devil? Are you with God or the devil? If you are for God, then start acting like it and don’t let the devil use you as a tool in his lost battle against the children of God. Because we have the spirit of adoption to which we cry Abba father.

Jude 1:9
9But when [even] the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, judicially argued (disputed) about the body of Moses, he dared not [presume to] bring an abusive condemnation against him, but [simply] said, The Lord rebuke you!

The archangel Michael didn’t condemn the devil, but Christians today condemn pastors(sad).
The archangel Michael didn’t condemn the devil, but Christians today condemn their evangelists(sad).
The archangel Michael didn’t condemn the devil, but Christians today condemn prostitutes(sad).
The archangel Michael didn’t condemn the devil, but Christians today condemn fraudsters(sad).
The archangel Michael didn’t condemn the devil, but Christians today condemn Bishops(sad)….

Brethren, I beseech thee to live in love, build up thy holy faith and praise God continually. Leave condemnation for the devil. Whenever you are in the midst of people who condemn others, know that the devil is there, and flee!

Memory verse: Matthew 7:1-2

1DO NOT judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.l
2For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you [use to] deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.

Prayer
1. Father, help me to love others the way you love me
2. Father, put your love in my heart. I want to understand a portion of your love for us.
In Jesus Name. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Teenage Suicide Bomber Kills At Least 50 In Nigeria Mosque / . / My Question About Eternal Judgement: Heaven Or Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.