Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov (799 Views)

Hearken To The Cries Of Nigerians – Oba Of Benin Tells Buhari / Afenifere To Fulani Vigilantes: Leave South-West Now Or Face Hostility / My Dear President, Let Your People Go By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by PrinceOgun: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2017
By Emmanuel Elebeke
ABUJA – The Oba of Benin, His Royal Highness, Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Oba Ewuare II, has called on South Africa Government to put measures in place to end the frequentc xenorphobic attacks against Nigerians in their country.

The Oba made the call during the post coronation reception and Cultural display organised in his honour yesterday by the Edo indigenes resident in Abuja.

The Royal Majesty said that Nigeria did so much of work for South Africa to be freed from apartheid and also helped Angola in many ways and as deserve better treatment rather than attacks.

He said: “We are a little sad in Nigeria that our Nigerians are constantly being bombbarded with hostility and aggression.

“We appeal to South Africa Government to do its best to stamp out this hostility to Nigerians as Nigeria played a lot of role in the fight against apartheid, so that Nigerians can live in peace in their country.

“This will enable Nigerians to reap what they sowed in other African countries.’’

The Oba also emphasised the need to uphold the Edo culture and value system.

“I want you to please uphold your culture very high, hold our value system seriously and do not let anybody destroy it because that is the identity we have.

“Anywhere you go their culture is very important to them, so let us not import other people’s culture from foreign land to supersede our own that is why I try to encourage the use of indigenous language in the homes.

“That is why I also encourage the re-introduction of Edo language in schools and it is worrisome that history is not taught in schools.’’

He urged Edo indigenes in Abuja to do their best to uphold the unity of the country.

“I want to plead with all indigenes of Edo in Abuja to do their best to keep within the law, keep within the regulation and try not to find a way to use shortcut to breach established regulation in whatever you are doing.

`We will be praying that you succeed in whatever legitimate activities you lay your hands on.”

The Oba further expressed gratitude to President Muhammadu Buhari for the honour done him at the Vila and also during and after his coronation.

In his adress, the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, represented by Mr Festus Osaigbovo, Director General, Edo Liaison Office, Abuja, said that the position of the Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Oba Ewuare II was sacrosanct.

According to him, the Oba’s responsibility was not only to preserve the tradition and culture of the people of great Benin Kingdom but to also ensure that there was peace, harmony, justice among his subjects.

Governor Obaseki praised the Oba, whom he said upon the assumption of the stool of his forefathers ensured that there is peace and justice on the land.

“Permit me to mention that in the past one year of my Administration in Edo state as the Executive Governor, the state has been relatively peaceful.

“A lot has been achieved owing much to the tremendous support and cordial relationship to the Oba’s palace,’’ he added.

On his part, the immediate past Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole, also commended the Oba for his leadership style, noting that he had built on the enviable foundation laid by his forefathers.

He said that the Oba had introduced and continued to innovate the way every new leader should do that anything can always be better.

“Those who have watched your actions, your pronouncement, your styles and your carriage are proud to have you as our paramount traditional ruler.

“By your title you are the Oba of Benin but in truth you are the Royal Father of Edo.
“We are proud of our father, we are respected because of our intelligence, creativity and because of our resourcefulness, Edo man will never take second.

“This why our Oba is number one.’’

Mr Dickson Omoregie, Chairman of the Edo community in Abuja solicited the permission of the Oba of Benin to erect a Bini House for display of artifacts of the rich cultural heritage of the Kingdom.

According to him, this will accommodate the Benin Cultural Artifacts for local and international viewership to be unveiled by the President and witnessed by other Heads of State and international community.
End.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/xenophobic-attacks-tell-people-stop-hostility-nigerians-oba-benin-tells-safrican-govt/

Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
shocked

What Buhari couldn't do. Long live Oba Ewuare cool
Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by PrinceOgun: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
Oba GHA to kpe ee..... Isee

The Number 1 King of the South

The Only Oba ...... Every other human bearing Oba is a counterfeit , fraud and a thief..
They know themselves grin grin angry
cheesy
Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by biacan(f): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
Oba ooo
Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by PrinceOgun: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

Guy you nor well u sharply collect my FTC, I av barely even posted the thread angry
Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by Emvico34: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
Oba no worry yourself about that, we go take edo winch, niger delta militants, western juju and lala snake take pursue them from our countrytongue
Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
PrinceOgun:

Guy you nor well u sharply collect my FTC, I av barely even posted the thread angry
So you want to chop Thank You, chop Very Much?
Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by PrinceOgun: 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
So you want to chop Thank You, chop Very Much?

Carry your wahala go
Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by deco22(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
PrinceOgun:

because of FTC that's why you are shouting...
Lol

Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by Chauke(m): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=PrinceOgun post=62731423]By Emmanuel Elebeke

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/xenophobic-attacks-tell-people-stop-hostility-nigerians-oba-benin-tells-safrican-govt/
[/quote

Obama please tell the Nigerians to behave and moreso one invited Nigerians to SA.
Re: Tell Your People To Stop Hostility Against Nigerians, Oba Of Benin Tells S/A Gov by PrinceOgun: 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=Chauke post=62735257][/quote]

What are you doing on a Nigerian forum punkk? angry

(1) (Reply)

Naij.com's Poll - PMB Floors Atiku / I Didn’t Enrich Myself In Govt –atiku / Governor Fayose Speaks Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.