Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time (6548 Views)

Poll: which team will come out victorious?

Chelsea: 50% (24 votes)
Aston Villa: 39% (19 votes)
Draw: 10% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Apoel Nicosia Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 27th March 2012 / UCL: Benfica Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 27th March 2012 / Birmingham (1) Vs Arsenal (1), Sat 27th March from 4PM Local Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by mykali(m): 10:45am On Mar 26, 2010
CHELSEA V ASTON VILLA

Some notable milestones were passed at Fratton Park the other night. Chelsea set a new highest total of goals in a Premier League season by reaching 75 (72 was the mark to beat); John Terry equalled Ron Harris's record of 324 matches as Chelsea skipper; Didier Drogba brilliantly reached 30 goals in a season for the second time; and the Blues finally experienced a bit of luck when the pitch nobbled poor old David James.

With eight, possibly nine games to go, four players are in double figures for goalscoring in all competitions: Drogba, Frank Lampard, Nicolas Anelka and Florent Malouda. Wednesday's clean sheet was equally welcome.

Now we have the chance to remedy poor recent performances at the Bridge as we square up to fourth-place-chasing Aston Villa. This is a side that inflicted a damaging and unfortunate defeat on Chelsea back in October, but who have drawn seven of their last 10 league games. As Carlo Ancelotti pointed out, Martin O'Neill's men will be a good test of whether the 'bad moment' is over.

KEY STAT
Didier Drogba joins Jimmy Greaves and Peter Osgood as the only Chelsea players who have scored 30 goals twice in a top-flight season. Greaves achieved the feat three times.

In one of football's nice serendipities, this weekend acts as a dry run of the FA Cup semi-finals to come in a fortnight's time, with Spurs also hosting Portsmouth.

Until the recent win over Wigan O'Neill's Villa had never won a league game in March. Never the less the two home draws since, against Wolves and Sunderland, must have bitterly disappointed the Irishman. The result against local rivals Wanderers might have been worse had their opponents been able fully to capitalise on a loose back-pass by Stephen Warnock.

As at Chelsea, injuries are starting to ravage his squad, and O'Neill has said that he will not risk players - possibly including the influential James Milner and Richard Dunne, along with forwards Gabriel Agbonlahor and Emile Heskey. Villa invested in their squad last summer but, perhaps having found some of the new recruits wanting, he has largely stuck with the same core side in all competitions and mileage is now taking its toll.

Rarely has the proverbial marathon of the league ended with a three-way sprint for the tape such as we are experiencing this season. Since they play each other next weekend, should either Chelsea or Manchester win all seven remaining games, there is nothing Arsenal can do about it.

Chelsea's longest winning streak to date was six league games, from the start of the campaign. Third-placed Arsenal are currently in a six-win sequence, easily their best. Can they really extend that to 13? United's longest winning run was also half-a-dozen, achieved in August/September. They have also won their last four. Who has timed their run the best?

Only the Blues have the comforts of home this Saturday and if the other two flinch at the Reebok or St Andrew's, Ancelotti's men must take full advantage going into the final bend.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by v3: 10:48am On Mar 26, 2010
Nice one myk wink

A bore draw or 1-0 in favor of A.Villa cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by mykali(m): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2010
thanx  cool
it just tweaked my mind to start a Chelsea match thread for once  grin

how can you include the word ''bore'' in a Chelsea vs Villa match.
both teams are gunning for something
Chelsea, the league . . .Villa, 4th place.

it's gonna be hard fought, but we'll win.
there's too much at stake for a draw
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by mykali(m): 11:36am On Mar 26, 2010
switch411:

@ Mykali
DRAW or Aston villa wins . chelsea cant win this one ASTON VILLA till refereee blow final whistle!!

it can't be a draw, and with Cech back between the sticks, they'll have a hard time scoring, before even thinking of a win. tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by v3: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2010
Wasn't Cech the one in goal last time the two sides met? undecided
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by switch411(m): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2010
@ mykali
  sorry i dont get you----------- WHO IS Cech ??  grin grin grin
 leave story for 2morow evening (though i suspect you will run away for two days like you did after telling me blackburne will fall  grin grin)  but any day, week or even month you come back after tomorow be sure switch will be waiting to tell you   I TOLD YOU SO keep it tight bro- nothing do you. but no let chelsea give you high blood pressure o. Aston villa to at least DRAW!!

Major prediction- i tip chelsea to (manage to )qualify for Champions league without play off 3rd place guaranteed!! cheesy wink
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by ichommy(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
Up Aston wink
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by mikeoscar: 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
This is going to be a tough call for me considering that I predicted 3-1 against Blackburn and we we forced to a needless draw. My concern for the rest of the Season really is the spate of injuries to our key players. By the way, I didn't see a thread or alot of celebration over Portsmouth spanking. We will say the reason's are obvious, but  drowning men can pull you down with them if you don't approach them with Caution. I think that match has restored some confidence in no small measure. I'd like to see Cech back in goal, err, so long as He stays alert for 93mins+  throughout the encounter with Villa.

Drogs, Lamps and Malouda to give us a goal each, [s]may be Alhaji Anelka too if He is not taking too many touches on the ball.[/s]
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by khanye(m): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2010
Chelsea 1 - Aston Villa 3 cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by BinghiNya(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
may the better team win. I see a draw.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
Time to show Villa who is boss.
They've always been a threat.

Our own DD will be mentioned in the same class as Peter Osgood.
Hope he wins the golden boot this season.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by Myself2(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2010
Villa to win this one
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by vampire(m): 3:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
aston villa will at least draw against chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by Dclique(m): 3:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
Chelsea may drop points in this game.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
v3:

Wasn't Cech the one in goal last time the two sides met? undecided
OMG, i really respect ur brain.As if it wasnt there cech that was there in october undecided.
Thank you grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by bigfather(m): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2010
till then !
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by Borat1: 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2010
v3:

Nice one myk wink

A bore draw or 1-0 in favor of A.Villa cool

khanye:

Chelsea 1 - Aston Villa 3 cool

BinghiNya:

may the better team win. I see a draw.

Myself2:

Villa to win this one

vampire:

aston villa will at least draw against chelsea.

ichommy:

Up Aston wink

Who let out all these guys on parole? sad
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by mrofficial(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2010
Na like Aston Villa? Mchewww. People wey Wolves almost wound for house? mchewwww.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by khanye(m): 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
~Borat~:

Who let out all these guys on parole? sad

Aston Villa are yet to lose a league game in 2010.
They will disgrace your rugby team grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by mrofficial(m): 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
khanye:

Aston Villa are yet to lose a league game in 2010.
They will disgrace your rugby team grin

Rugby team whatever.

I can bet anything that Chelsea will knock down Aston Villa. You will come back to say i told you.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by tayoast(m): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2010
Chelski 3- 0 Villa.

A win is sure
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
Have you guys seen how Chelsea (may you be blessed) have been playing since the Blackburn game? My boys have been playing with so much energy coz they know whats at stake. Guys its going to be a goals galore. Drogba a hat trick- and Terry with a goal. A cleansheet for this game though.

Chelsea 5 - Aston Villa 0
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by tayoast(m): 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
babaearly:

Have you guys seen how Chelsea (may you be blessed) have been playing since the Blackburn game? My boys have been playing with so much energy coz they know whats at stake. Guys its going to be a goals galore. Drogba a hat trick- and Terry with a goal. A cleansheet for this game though.

swagga.

5-0 is asking 4 too much
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by chrisical(m): 10:43pm On Mar 26, 2010
This should be an enthralling game of football.Chelsea wins tho.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by tayoast(m): 4:37am On Mar 27, 2010
looking @ d poll, i'd say we're condemned 2 win.

haters calling 4 yet another fall @ d bridge
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by abrahym(m): 9:49am On Mar 27, 2010
This match will cause so many wahala, chelski will sack their coach?
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by DrKitaun(m): 9:54am On Mar 27, 2010
A 3-3 draw with DD scoring a brace
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by mykali(m): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2010
Aston Villa have always been known to stutter towards the tail end of the season. We'll just be helping them out in that aspect. A 2-0 win.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by switch411(m): 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2010
babaearly:

BAD NEWS plus MINDLESS ESCAPISM +HIGH HOPES = Inadvertent disappointment

Chelsea has only played one game (pompey since blackburne) and na on top relegated side dem dey form activity, still dem break bottle noses wound the poor potmouth players that day. Goal galore ko, Goal dot com ni. Una go lose points.
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by tkb417(m): 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2010
Nice one there Mykali. Very good one

I see a 2-1 victory. Villa aint playin well anymore. They are tired besides, Agbonlahor and Milner are doubtful
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by DrKitaun(m): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2010
Tkb

dont get it twisted! The best Chelski would get from this game is an effing draw!
Re: Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time by chelseabmw(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2010
This is a must win for us!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth (4 - 0) On 8th January 2011 / UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November / Manchester City Vs Sunderland (3 - 2) On 1st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.