Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB (7685 Views)

I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hi ladies and gentlemen.

There is this Friend of mine who works in one of the federal government department,
Recently we got talking and he told me that he has a link in the department and according to him, two slots is needed.

He said if I am interested, I should just indicate interest and that the sum of #1,000,000 (one million naira) is involved but I won't pay a dime now until everything is done and employment letter handed over to me.

The money is not the problem, I can pay the 1m but the problem now is that I don't want to get scammed.

1. Though I applied for that federal government vacancy, I wasn't invited for aptitude test even though I am still young and has 2nd class upper as demanded, so I wonder how one can get job in federal government without writing aptitude test.
Though we spoke just recently after some people were invited for aptitude test

2. Secondly, he doesn't demand anything from me, but is it not possible for them to just manipulate employment letter with the aim of defrauding me of 1million naira?
Is there any way to confirm the authenticity of the employment letter if any, or am I just being too security conscious?

I have already given him my details but feel its worth rubbing minds with my fellow nairalanders to know if anyone has had this experience before.

Please I am waiting for response from experienced individuals concerning this.

I won't like to mention the name of the federal government job for security reasons.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Blessedgurl(f): 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
I can only say you should be careful because when you want to verify the authenticity of the employment letter you might be caught for your involvement in the fraudulent activity.

What if you get employed today, pay the money next week and then you get sacked the following month?

You can't charge them to court to pay your money back because you were aware of how you got it in the first place.

Spend that money well.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Blessedgurl:
I can only say you should be careful because when you want to verify the authenticity of the employment letter you might be caught for your involvement in the fraudulent activity.

What if you get employed today, pay the money next week and then you get sacked the following month?

You can't charge them to court to pay your money back because you were aware of how you got it in the first place.

Spend that money well.

what if I am not sacked and everything goes smoothly?
Life is all about risk.

I appreciate your contribution my dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by jonadaft: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
Basalt:
Hi ladies and gentlemen.

There is this Friend of mine who works in one of the federal government department,
Recently we got talking and he told me that he has a link in the department and according to him, two slots is needed.

He said if I am interested, I should just indicate interest and that the sum of #1,000,000 (one million naira) is involved but I won't pay a dime now until everything is done and employment letter handed over to me.

The money is not the problem, I can pay the 1m but the problem now is that I don't want to get scammed.

1. Though I applied for that federal government vacancy, I wasn't invited for aptitude test even though I am still young and has 2nd class upper as demanded, so I wonder how one can get job in federal government without writing aptitude test.

2. Secondly, he doesn't demand anything from me, but is it not possible for them to just manipulate employment letter with the aim of defrauding me of 1million naira?
Is there any way to confirm the authenticity of the employment letter if any, or am I just being too security conscious?

I have already given him my details but feel its worth rubbing minds with my fellow nairalanders to know if anyone has had this experience before.

I won't like to mention the name of the federal government job for security reasons.
Your friend is a thief.

Based on your write-up, it seems you only possess a bachelor degree.
Fyi, no government job can pay you more than 150k in this country at any agency. The highest position you'll get is level 8.

Beware of scam and extortion...

1 Like

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
Jonathan:

Your friend is a thief.

Based on your write-up, it seems you only possess a bachelor degree.
Fyi, no government job can pay you more than 150k in this country at any agency. The highest position you'll get is level 8.

Beware of scam and extortion...

Yeah. I have only BSc and just finished service last year
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by opj21(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
well the issue here is simple, if e can wait till u collect appointment letter bfor u pay, he can still wait till u get ur first salary payment, let him sign agreement with u, and another person witness the transaction, in case, otherwise u will finish him in court of law

7 Likes

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Invest the one million in a business

1 Like

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
opj21:
well the issue here is simple, if e can wait till u collect appointment letter bfor u pay, he can still wait till u get ur first salary payment, let him sign agreement with u, and another person witness the transaction, in case, otherwise u will finish him in court of law

Thank you so much for this wonderful response.
This is exactly what I will do.

We sign a document, once I receive my first salary, I transfer the money to him uan even add money for beer and pepper soup join.

Thanks so much for this suggestion.
Because it's possible to give someone fake employment letter.
I can't afford to miss this opportunity but at the same time I need to be very careful

3 Likes

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
raphafire:
Invest the one million in a business

E dey my mind bro, I have my plans already
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Mayouree(m): 12:14am On Nov 27, 2017
In case the second slot is still available I am also down for it with the payment ready. You can PM me for more info. Thanks

Since he said it's after everything you will need to pay him, I feel no scam but it is also good to be careful. Moreover if it's a major recruitment most government agencies place the selected candidates on Newspapers.
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 6:29am On Nov 27, 2017
Mayouree:
In case the second slot is still available I am also down for it with the payment ready. You can PM me for more info. Thanks

Since he said it's after everything you will need to pay him, I feel no scam but it is also good to be careful. Moreover if it's a major recruitment most government agencies place the selected candidates on Newspapers.

Alright, he said the other slot is taken and if by any means I am not interested, I should tell him so that he will look for someone that is interested but he will be so disappointed in me and might lose the contract (bringing people for slot) if everything is done for me and I refuse to comply with the payment, that if I am not ready, I should state now for him to look for someone else.
He said that most people in federal government job including him bought their position but I can still get on merit but its very rare.

But how I can get job I didn't write aptitude test still baffles me, let's see how it goes
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by femi4: 6:37am On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:
Hi ladies and gentlemen.

pure scam

1 Like

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 6:42am On Nov 27, 2017
femi4:
pure scam

How do you know it's scam and what's their scam strategy,
Because he didn't Demand even 1kobo from me until after the deed is done
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by femi4: 6:46am On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:

How do you know it's scam and what's their scam strategy,
Because he didn't Demand even 1kobo from me until after the deed is done
he ll soon tell you to bring money to complete the process

1 Like

Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 6:51am On Nov 27, 2017
femi4:
he ll soon tell you to bring money to complete the process

I can't wait for him to say that and that will be the end of everything because the agreement is no employment letter no payment

I won't pay even #1000 before anything.

I need the job but I am not desperate for it
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 6:58am On Nov 27, 2017
I have vowed never to be desperate for any job again in Nigeria.
And if by next year, no good government job or very good private job comes my way, I start a business sharperly.
No time to dull, plan is already made
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by onlyme07(m): 7:33am On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:

Alright, he said the other slot is taken and if by any means I am not interested, I should tell him so that he will look for someone that is interested but he will be so disappointed in me and might lose the contract (bringing people for slot) if everything is done for me and I refuse to comply with the payment, that if I am not ready, I should state now for him to look for someone else.
He said that most people in federal government job including him bought their position but I can still get on merit but its very rare.

But how I can get job I didn't write aptitude test still baffles me, let's see how it goes

We are in Nigeria where anything happens. My advice,let your heart and soul guide you.
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by adamubk(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2017
Make you do documentation and every other things oooooooooooo, don't just rely on appointment letter cos edited ones are rampant
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:

E dey my mind bro, I have my plans already
Okay...I believe u
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2017
adamubk:
Make you do documentation and every other things oooooooooooo, don't just rely on appointment letter cos edited ones are rampant

I am seriously learning from you guys.
Thanks so much.

Before person go use Corel draw or Photoshop confuse me
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Hafsat24(f): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:

Lol that's the Nigeria we live in..anything can happen and ofcourse without writing test or interview you can get a job..i know of someone who paid to get cbn..infact this one had to take the risk of paying beforehand..the person has currently finished documentation..how bout those who don't apply at all..atleast you applied..my advice is make sure no payment till you get your letter and do documentation..from the looks of it you are referring to NCC..wish you all the best
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by giddykay: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:

what if I am not sacked and everything goes smoothly?
Life is all about risk.

I appreciate your contribution my dear
that 1 million is too much...kilode? Paying back that 1million can't be that easy I'm telling you..its from experience...negotiate..and even if you will pay, it will be after you have started receiving salary and your appointment is well authenticated..i don't think theres any federal government job that warrants someone paying such huge amount to get...
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:
Hi ladies and gentlemen.

@OP, have you heard about "Staff verification & biometrics"?? If you haven't think about what you're getting in to.I work with DPR and I have a good idea of what I'm trying to make u understand.
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by angeljanelee(f): 11:24am On Nov 27, 2017
Just change the terms of payment, tell him u will pay him in 4 instalment after u have gotten the employment letter n have bn paid ur first salary. Risk is good for not all risk r viable
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by free2ryhme: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:
Hi ladies and gentlemen.

you have 1m with a second class upper and you are still looking for job ?

honestly, you went to school in vain
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Fredosky247(m): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:

I am seriously learning from you guys.
Thanks so much.

Before person go use Corel draw or Photoshop confuse me
grin
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
free2ryhme:

you have 1m with a second class upper and you are still looking for job ?

honestly, you went to school in vain

Please be mature here.
Drop your own advice like others do or piss off.

What are you doing in vacancy section before you saw my post if not looking for job?

Like I said, I passed out from NYSC just last year, it's not too late if I am still looking for jobs and I thank God for his blessings so far.

Please be mature like others here or shut the hell up and piss off
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
angeljanelee:
Just change the terms of payment, tell him u will pay him in 4 instalment after u have gotten the employment letter n have bn paid ur first salary. Risk is good for not all risk r viable

Thanks so much my dear
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by free2ryhme: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
Basalt:

Please be mature here.
Drop your own advice like others do or piss off.

What are you doing in vacancy section before you saw my post if not looking for job?

Like I said, I passed out from NYSC just last year, it's not too late if I am still looking for jobs and I thank God for his blessings so far.

Please be mature like others here or shut the hell up and piss off

I only came to drop job vacancies but yours is an apology

I dont give advice to piece of shit like you

i have too many " had i know story" i will be waiting
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by Basalt(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
Rolly83:

@OP, have you heard about "Staff verification & biometrics"?? If you haven't think about what you're getting in to.I work with DPR and I have a good idea of what I'm trying to make u understand.

This one weak me.
Please can you enlighten me more about that?
What exactly do they verify if not my documents.
I am highly qualified for the job.
I am 27yrs old, have a second class upper division and ready to defend it.
But my fear is that I wasn't invited for aptitude test, please enlighten me more on that.
Please I will PM you now for more information about the verification and biometrics and what exactly they do verify
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by benzion72(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
You want to go into voluntary bondage. Considering bribe in itself is against the law of the land.

Now the reality, don't give a dime to the person. You are also bragging you can shell 1 Million naira, so why do you need a job 9-5 daily. If you can afford it why not go the way of entreprenuer
Re: PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB by free2ryhme: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
it is a shame almost everyone here are advising him on how to go about this venture and are gearing him up.

he has one million second class upper and has a plan b if plan A to buy employment in FG does not work

I dey laugh you because na cry go end this matter

there is an adage that says quickly comot monkey hand for pot before e go turn human being own

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nde National Directorate Of Employment Salary Scheme / Interested In Human Resources? View HR Jobs In Nigeria Today. / Fidelity Bank Recruiting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.