Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. (963 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by Emulti(m): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
This is complete teaching on tithing by a Nigerian pastor. Take time to watch, and learn. Note that no matter how far you have gone on the wrong path, the wise decision is to turn back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTnS3VxNUI
Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by petra1(m): 11:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
Tithes and offerings are eternal principles in worship of God . TITHING started as far back as the days of Abraham before the law ever came

ABRAHAM TITHED

Genesis 14:20
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

JACOB TITHED

Genesis 28:22
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

GOD MADE IT LAW WHEN HIS PEOPLE CAME OUT OF EGYPT TO WORSHIP HIM

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

JESUS TAUGHT THAT WE SHOUKD TITHE

Matthew 23:23
. . . You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Matthew 22:21
, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

JESUS INSTRUCTED THE CHURCH ON TITHE AS A PARRALEL PRINCIPLE

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by royalbeauty(f): 11:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Quite instructive.
Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by ifenes(m): 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
Take out tithes from Christianity and see the religion fall.

1 Like

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by royalbeauty(f): 11:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
petra1:

Tithes and offerings are eternal principles in worship of God . TITHING started as far back as the days of Abraham before the law ever came

ABRAHAM TITHED

And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

JACOB TITHED

Genesis 28:22 (KJV Strong's)
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting. Tith

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

I wish u can spare some time and be humble enough to learn.

1 Like

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by plainbibletruth: 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
petra1:

ABRAHAM TITHED

JACOB TITHED

Genesis 28:22 (KJV Strong's)

And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting. Tith

When God gave the Mosaic Law it COMPLETELY REPLACED everything that was before it as God's system for RELATING with him.
If God wanted ANYTHING from the old (i.e. before the law) to still apply it would be INCLUDED in the Law.

When Christ came with the New Covenant it SUPERCEDES not just the Law BUT EVERYTHING that existed before the Law as a means of relating with God.

If God wanted ANYTHING before Christ to be included in the New Covenant he would say so. The focus of the New Covenant is Christ alone from start to finish.

When Christians are emotionally pressured to give, that amounts to human good and legalism contrary to the life of GRACE that is the plan of God for the Christian.

Unless the Christian gives out of the right motivation his giving amounts to nothing before God. In other words, when the Christian gives out of the wrong motivation such giving receives no recognition from God. Men may applaud him but God will count him as a non-starter.

Unless the Christian runs his spiritual life in line with the dictates of the New Covenant he runs a futile race.

3 Likes

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by petra1(m): 6:36am On Nov 27, 2017
^^^^^^^
Error , if that’s the case why do you still give offering ,?pray, worship , fast and give alms to the poor were they not part of the law as well .

Sin is transgression of Gods law . Without the law there will be lawlessness
Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by plainbibletruth: 8:00am On Nov 27, 2017
petra1:
^^^^^^^
Error , if that’s the case why do you still give offering ,?pray, worship , fast and give alms to the poor were they not part of the law as well .

Sin is transgression of Gods law . Without the law there will be lawlessness

Like someone earlier said, and I quote:
"I wish u can spare some time and be humble enough to learn."

Did you really read my post?
Or you were more eager to respond with vituperation?

See again one of the things I wrote :
If God wanted ANYTHING before Christ to be included in the New Covenant he would say so. The focus of the New Covenant is Christ alone from start to finish.

So, anything from the old that is still essential for the Christian life will be found in the EPISTLES.

Are 'offering', 'prayer', 'worship', 'fast' and 'alms to the poor' found in the Epistles?

Are you still under the Mosaic Law or under the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus?

I CHALLENGE YOU AGAIN to clearly point out how EACH item of my above post you called "error" are WRONG, otherwise you show yourself as a real peddler of FALSE TEACHING ON TITHE ON THIS FORUM.

2 Likes

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by petra1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Like someone earlier said, and I quote:
"I wish u can spare some time and be humble enough to learn."

No need for harsh word . Present your case and leave it there .

Did you really read my post?
Or you were more eager to respond with vituperation?

Me keh? That’s you guys specialty na . I no dey fight

See again one of the things I wrote :If God wanted ANYTHING before Christ to be included in the New Covenant he would say so. The focus of the New Covenant is Christ alone from start to finish.

The focus of Gods Kindom has always been christ .
God is not writing new bible for the christian . Theo Word of God was the Old Testament which they study in the churches . The part done away are the part that christ has fulfilled .

So you can’t condemn any thing just because it’s contained in the Old Testament . Because it will be hypocritical .principles in the worship of God run across the ages . Some before the law , some in the law . I have asked you questions which you have been avoiding . If you condemn tithe only the bases of the law how about the so many other things that are practiced in the church yet they were in the law ?

Why do you give offerings Is incest legalized now?
Not to talk of others like murder or idolatry . Why is it tithe that is focused on

So, anything from the old that is still essential for the Christian life will be found in the EPISTLES.

Are 'offering', 'prayer', 'worship', 'fast' and 'alms to the poor' found in the Epistles?

Are you still under the Mosaic Law or under the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus?

I CHALLENGE YOU AGAIN to clearly point out how EACH item of my above post you called "error" are WRONG, otherwise you show yourself as a real peddler of FALSE TEACHING ON TITHE ON THIS FORUM.

Is in incest a sin ?
Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by fellowman: 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
is tithe money or foodstuffs and if it is money is it supposed to be converted into foodstuffs.

is your pastor a levite?

1 Like

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by petra1(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
fellowman:
is tithe money or foodstuffs and if it is money is it supposed to be converted into foodstuffs.

Tithes could be money or material

is your pastor a levite?

In a sense yes . Was Melchizedek a Levite . He was a minister . That’s the similarity .
Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by fellowman: 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
petra1:

Tithes could be money or material

In a sense yes . Was Melchizedek a Levite . He was a minister . That’s the similarity .

Hebrews 7vs 5 says that only the Levites can collect tithes, no Nigeria prophet is worthy of collecting tithes

Even Jesus could not have received the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from Judah. Today, Jewish rabbis who still follow the Mosaic Code no longer receive tithes because Levi is one of the lost tribes of Israel. All Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the temple in AD 70. How then can Nigerian pastors who are not even Jewish, how much more Levites,receive tithes?

God did not accept money as tithe. The tithe was tied to the land, which was God’s gift to Israel. Therefore, it was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEYin my house.”

If you bring money, you must convert it to foodstuff. Your tithe is then eaten in the presence of the Lord, and given tothe Levites, strangers, widows and the fatherless. (Deuteronomy 14:24-26). However, pastors today only accept money as tithe, showing they are nothing but money-grubbers

do you have any portion of the Bible to support your stand on tithe?

2 Likes

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by fellowman: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
Num 18:24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the LORD. That is why I said concerning them: 'They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.'" Num 18:26 "Speak to the Levites and say to them: 'When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the LORD'S offering. Num 18:28 In this way you also will present an offering to the LORD from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the LORD'S portion to Aaron the priest. Num 18:28 In this way you also will present an offering to the LORD from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the LORD'S portion to Aaron the priest. Num 18:31 You and your households may eat the rest of it anywhere, for it is your wages for your work at the Tent of Meeting. Deu 14:22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. Deu 14:23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always. Deu 14:24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the LORD your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the LORD will choose to put his Name is so far away), Deu 14:25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the LORD your God will choose. Deu 14:26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like:cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice. Deu 14:27And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own. Deu 14:28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes ofthat year's produce and store it in your towns, Deu 14:29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. Deu 26:12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied. Deu 26:13 Then say to the LORD your God: "I have removed from my house the sacred portion and have given it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, according to all you commanded. I have not turned aside from your commands nor have I forgotten any of them. Deu 26:14 I have not eaten any of the sacred portion while I was in mourning, nor have I removed any of it while I was unclean, nor have I offered any of it to the dead. I have obeyed the LORD my God; I have done everything you commanded me. 1st timothy 1 vs 8. the law is good if it is used correctly

1 Like

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by connectikut89(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
royalbeauty:

I wish u can spare some time and be humble enough to learn.

My dear, don't waste your precious time on that dogmatic fellow. He is irredeemable! His bias is of immense proportions. Very illogical in his approach to the topic, baseless and most times quotes irrelevant bible verses.
Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by plainbibletruth: 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
petra1

No need for harsh word . Present your case and leave it there .
Presenting my case is what i've been doing and will continue to do. I only quoted what others have noticed about you.

Me keh? That’s you guys specialty na . I no dey fight
Let me quote you on this:
petra1:

While you guys are robbers
You said that here: https://www.nairaland.com/4169634/error-daddy-freeze/9#62761959

The focus of Gods Kindom has always been christ .
God is not writing new bible for the christian . Theo Word of God was the Old Testament which they study in the churches . The part done away are the part that christ has fulfilled .

So you can’t condemn any thing just because it’s contained in the Old Testament . Because it will be hypocritical .principles in the worship of God run across the ages . Some before the law , some in the law . I have asked you questions which you have been avoiding . If you condemn tithe only the bases of the law how about the so many other things that are practiced in the church yet they were in the law ?
Show me where I "condemn any thing just because it's contained in the Old Testament". ALL I've been saying is that the NEW SUPERCEDES the Old. Where anything in the Old whether directly or in a modified form is to be in the NEW it will be clearly seen.

Were details of the New Covenant revealed in the Old Testament? NO! That is why Paul said it was a "mystery". BUT because you guys need something to justify your monetary tithing for today, you want to give the OLD the position it does not have today.

You don't have the right to determine which part of the O.T. is done away with or not; the Holy Spirit already did through the Apostles.

Why do you give offerings Is incest legalized now?
Not to talk of others like murder or idolatry . Why is it tithe that is focused on
Is in incest a sin ?
It is MANDATORY or COERCED TITHING that we condemn. Why? Because the NEW has replaced it with freewill giving.

The current issue happens to be tithing. If other matters that require attention come up we'll surely give our inputs.

If I do not answer a question it's either because some other person has answered it or it is irrelevant to the thread.

If you feel strongly about any issue please open another thread and let's deal with it there.

1 Like

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by petra1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Presenting my case is what i've been doing and will continue to do. I only quoted what others have noticed about you.

Let me quote you on this:

You said that here: https://www.nairaland.com/4169634/error-daddy-freeze/9#62761959

It was only a response to a mocker who insults and that’s the only place . I usually ignore them .

Show me where I "condemn any thing just because it's contained in the Old Testament". ALL I've been saying is that the NEW SUPERCEDES the Old. Where anything in the Old whether directly or in a modified form is to be in the NEW it will be clearly seen.

God didn’t create a new bible for The church . Everything was based on the old . If paul condemn homosexuality it’s because it’s against the law.

Were details of the New Covenant revealed in the Old Testament? NO! That is why Paul said it was a "mystery". BUT

because you guys need something to justify your monetary tithing for today, you want to give the OLD the position it does not have today.

It’s rather you guys who try to ascribe To the new what it’s not and try to take advantage of silent areas of scriptures
God never at anytime ended tithing nor condemns tithing OT offering

You don't have the right to determine which part of the O.T. is done away with or not;

But that’s precisely what your are doing . What christ fulfilled is clear . If God hadn’t given a contrary instruction or principle we have no such right . You can’t pick one aspect to condemn

the Holy Spirit already did through the Apostles.

But same Apostle wrote 1cor 9:14-15

It is MANDATORY or COERCED TITHING that we condemn.

Pls kindly let’s avoid the use of the word mandatory “ because it’s too strong . Tithing and offerings are necessity just as prayer and fasting and honoring your parents

Why? Because the NEW has replaced it with freewill giving.

It’s your theology Where did the Bible say so ? Secondly freewill offering was part of the law .

The current issue happens to be tithing. If other matters that require attention come up we'll surely give our inputs.

It will be very unfair and if I may say “unrighteous
For us to avoid answering the question raised if we are really as sincerely seeking truth . Except we are just debating for the fun of it which will be wary of time and data. I feel you already know the point I am driving at and it’s probabky giving you some conviction . Because answering the question will probably demolish what position you hold .
Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by plainbibletruth: 12:42am On Nov 29, 2017
petra1:

It was only a response to a mocker who insults and that’s the only place . I usually ignore them .

God didn’t create a new bible for The church . Everything was based on the old . If paul condemn homosexuality it’s because it’s against the law.

It’s rather you guys who try to ascribe To the new what it’s not and try to take advantage of silent areas of scriptures
God never at anytime ended tithing nor condemns tithing OT offering

But that’s precisely what your are doing . What christ fulfilled is clear . If God hadn’t given a contrary instruction or principle we have no such right . You can’t pick one aspect to condemn

But same Apostle wrote 1cor 9:14-15

Pls kindly let’s avoid the use of the word mandatory “ because it’s too strong . Tithing and offerings are necessity just as prayer and fasting and honoring your parents

It’s your theology Where did the Bible say so ? Secondly freewill offering was part of the law .

Because answering the question will probably demolish what position you hold .

'that is, the mystery which was hidden [from angels and mankind] for ages and generations, but has now been revealed to His saints (God’s people). God [in His eternal plan] chose to make known to them how great for the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in and among you, the hope and guarantee of [realizing the] glory."
COLOSSIANS 1:26‭-‬27 AMP

"and that by [divine] revelation the mystery was made known to me, as I have already written in brief. By referring to this, when you read it you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which in other generations was not disclosed to mankind, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets by the [Holy] Spirit;"
EPHESIANS 3:3‭-‬5 AMP

The above two passages clearly show that the Church Age and her doctrines were unknown to the past generations. It was a mystery - hidden to them.

The uniqueness of the Church includes its SUPERIORITY over every spiritual system that existed before it.

Part of that uniqueness is the FREEDOM or to use a word some of you enjoy - LIBERTY - which the individual believer has in Christ in many areas. Notice I said IN MANY AREAS before that statement is misconstrued for something else.

Even a simple look at the documentation in the Bible about the CHURCH shows that that freedom DEFINITELY affects the believer's GIVING.

The Christian can choose WHAT to give and HOW to give. NO particular way is prescribed for him. TITHING IS NOT NECESSARY FOR HIM. If he chooses to tithe IN LINE with the PROTOCOL of the New Covenant it will be acceptable to God. If he chooses any other way apart from tithing but still IN LINE with the PROTOCOL of the New Covenant will still be acceptable to God.

Remember what Apostle Peter told Ananias? His property remained his and he could choose what to do with it. But when he operated under a wrong motive and LIED, his death show to all God's disapproval of a LEGITIMATE thing done with the wrong motive.

Any Christian who TITHES with the wrong motive will receive the same disapproval from God. It does not matter how he FEELS. Ananias must have felt on top of the world when approaching the Apostle. God was nonetheless unmoved. That God doesn't follow wrong giving today with death does not diminish his displeasure for wrong motivation: A displeasure Jesus Christ expressed toward the Pharisees over and over again in the course of his ministry during the first advent.

So, the Christian is free from ANY OBLIGATION to give a FIXED PERCENTAGE. He is UNDER God's COMMAND to give as he wills as long as it is WILLINGLY and CHEERFULLY. When the motive in the heart is right, God is pleased with what is given NO MATTER THE PERCENTAGE: And no matter how BIG or small.

1 Like

Re: Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. by fellowman: 11:06am On Nov 29, 2017
Jehovah's witnesses don't even do all these offering and tithes but they give freely.

if a bulb dies or a roof is spoilt, they will take out the offering box that is always at the back of the church count the money for the roof in front of everyone remove it then put back the rest then pay for the buying of the roof sheets. very open not all these seed offering, breakthrough offering,open heaven offering, tithes etc.

I went there on Sunday and their books and DVDs was free, I know people pay for it but they do it willingly.

even children can teach grownups the word of God.

(1) (Reply)

Islam: Befriending Unbelievers / Someone Please Explain Iyami! / See The Most Guarded Kenyan Prophet, All His Body Guards Armed With AK 47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.