Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Unemployed First Class Student Gets Job After Her Searching For Job On Twitter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Unemployed First Class Student Gets Job After Her Searching For Job On Twitter (507 Views)

Abubakar Khalid: Wizkid's Childhood Friend Searching For Him For Over 12 Years / Babcock University Student Gets Beating Of Life For Scamming His Father Of N800k / Berger To Ajah Trends As Bowen Student Gets Casted By Her Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployed First Class Student Gets Job After Her Searching For Job On Twitter by abefedammy: 5:21am On Nov 27, 2017
A first class Physics Electronics graduate, who had been unemployed for two years since she finished from Ajayi Crowther University, has been offered employment.
Odufuwa Sola, 22, did not only graduate with a first class but was the best graduating student in the university for that year with a 4.83 G.P.A. She had the honour of delivering a valedictory speech in the school. However, after graduating, she searched for a job for years and when that wasn't forthcoming, she started learning tailoring at Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.
In October, she took to Twitter to beg people to help her out in finding a job. Premium Times publised a story on her a nd it got the attention of Adamu Garba, the CEO of IPI Solution Ltd, an IT firm with offices in Lagos and Abuja.
Garba reached out to Ms. Sola via Twitter and within days she was offered an employment in project development and IT solutions after a job interview. She has also been enrolled in a mentorship scheme by the company. The young lady is trying to settle down on her new job and a new life in Lagos.
Speaking about the new job, Ms, Sola said:
"It’s actually a different field from what I learnt in school. It’s all about programming. The company has done well by providing me with a new laptop, eBooks, and videos to aid my transition into the IT world. And I have colleagues around me who are always willing and ready to help. It’s challenging but I know with time I will adjust."
Ms. Sola said she loves her new job and that the pay was good for a start. She thanked Premium Times for doing a story on her and also thanked her new boss, Mr. Garba, for giving her the opportunity to work in the IT company.

http://www.lodgerill.com.ng/2017/11/unemployed-first-class-student-gets-job.html?m=1

Re: Unemployed First Class Student Gets Job After Her Searching For Job On Twitter by chrisbaby24(m): 5:25am On Nov 27, 2017
Ok...congrats..!!
Re: Unemployed First Class Student Gets Job After Her Searching For Job On Twitter by Threebear(m): 5:26am On Nov 27, 2017
Someone graduated with 4.83 gp and was jobless for two years, only in Nigeria. SMH.
Re: Unemployed First Class Student Gets Job After Her Searching For Job On Twitter by abefedammy: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2017

(1) (Reply)

See What This Girl Looks Like After Undergoing Surgeries To Look Like Angelina J / Kiss Daniel Releases New Legal Documents (photos). Is This Victory? / Okon Lagos With Eve Esin In A Humorous Video That Will Leave You On The Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.