Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) (66274 Views)

Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son / Buhari Rumored 2 Have Defied Doctors Orders & Rush Back To Nig Over Fear Of Coup / The Ringing Of Coup Bells And A Cause For Deep Concern - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
so where is oladipo diya?

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Rajosh(m): 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
My dad once told me about Wing commander Ben Ekele. He was said to be one of the best then.

But Plateau people dey vex o.

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
What a numb-skull?

ped21:
Biafra kill muritala .. over the issue of biafran...
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by KAYD007(m): 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@Ishilove Regarding the case of Maj. Daniel Bamidele,let's look at this scenario: You get wind of a coup attempt that your GOC,unknown to you,has backed and given his full blessings to and in your patriotic nature,you waltz off to inform your GOC. What do you think would be the likely outcome of such a decision? Of course you are most likely going to get locked away. If the GOC hadn't promptly detained him,the info would have reached the presidency in Lagos and the success of coup would have been in serious jeopardy. Yet you ask why he was locked up?

he should thank his stars he wasn't wasted and was locked for own safety tongue and was promptly release after the success of the coup. wink

2 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by triple996(m): 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2017
As we can now see Mugabes ppl r more peaceful dan our military hayenas
Bt seriously woo
Wetin plateau ppl do muritala now
Obasanjo do dem strong tin woo
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by NCP: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
KAYD007:

he should thank his stars he wasn't wasted and was locked for own safety tongue and was promptly release after the success of the coup. wink

He paid dearly the next time he got wind of another coup but kept mute.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
@op, change the name, those were failed coup, the successful ones got to the Zenith of the military, ruled the country and still call the shots till date.....
Buhari, Babangida, TY Danjuma etc, have all led coups, albeit successfully.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Chukazu: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
The military will remain part of politics in Africa

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by ibietela2(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
And someone said Buhari didn't know about the coup

2 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Mbediogu(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
Michael004:
Fearless and you never ruled the nation. Are you OK?

Perhaps they dont believe in ruling by force and anarchy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by olatunji390(m): 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
If some of this people are still in prison, then they dont know thier way
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by madridguy(m): 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
IBB must be bad vampire.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Chukazu: 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
triple996:
Bt seriously woo

Is an endless cycle of violence,ever wondered why Plateau is the "epicenter" of endless Fulani Conundrum of war?
That is battle of Gowon/Muritala age long supporters

2 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by kinibigdeal(m): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ishilove.....
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by olawonder(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
The number of ppl who hv lost their lives for the positions these free takers now occupy is unimaginable! Idiots who now occupy our political seats ought to look back in history and respect the positions they now enjoy without any single threats!

3 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
lenghtinny:
Abeg Wetin Murtala Mohammed do Plateau people >sad
He led de coup dat overthrew dia kinsman,Gen.Y.Gowon while on OAU summit at Kampala.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
Them Plateau Mafias....

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by akigbemaru: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
naptu2:

It must have been around 2am that the explosion woke me up. In fact, I actually didn't hear it. I woke up and I knew that something woke me up, but I didn't know what and then I heard that terrible sound before I could move.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by BTT(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
lenghtinny:
Abeg Wetin Murtala Mohammed do Plateau people angry

He overthrew Gowon, their brother.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by perdollar(m): 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
another IBB must come now.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by BTT(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
triple996:
Bt seriously woo

Murtala overthrew their brother, Gowon.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
The topic should be "Failed Coup" and 1966 coup should be added because it was a failed coup.

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by IAmSkinny: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
mu2sa2:
What a waste! Most of these guys were brilliant officers and other rank (who were probably innocent). Babangida wasted more lives than any other person - he didn't even spare his close friend, the poet Mamman Vatsa, believed to have been framed up to get rid of him. An Igala guy called Ben Ekele, then reputed to be one of the best Mig fighter jet pilots in Africa, was brutally silenced forever by Babangida in one of his phantom coups. What a needless coldhearted waste of lives! Those who oppose the death penalty have a point anyday.
Ben Ekele no be Igala. Dude is from Benue state

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
AlfaSeltzer:
so where is oladipo diya?
grin grin dodging skull miners in abeokuta

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pacesetter123:
He led de coup dat overthrew dia kinsman,Gen.Y.Gowon while on OAU summit at Kampala.
murtala didnt lead dat coup
na yaradua,taiwo,buhari and ibb lead am
murtala was made head of state to placate d far north
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
Raintaker:
Dimka, I think ppl love that man.

Is it that females don't go far in the military or they have never been involved in coup plotting?
females were virtually non existent in d armed forces of dat era
but u sef if u wan plan coup u go call woman ni?

5 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
@leeezzz Murtala didn't lead that 1975 coup directly:TRUE But then,he was indirectly the main mastermind acting from behind the scene. It was said by Nowa Omoigui that he told the disgruntled officers that led the coup that he wasn't going to be seen to be playing an active role during the coup but that he was going to make sure that non of them got into trouble if the plan failed. By doing that,he gave the coup his covert blessings.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
KAYD007 That guy was lucky I tell you.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
Weirdmuzik:

And do u know the history of the carefully carved biafra war u r talking abt .... start counting your fearless loses .... even ur odimegwu ran like a chicken... e for wait na .... after God na government
Gambari slavery at its finest smiley

3 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by dingbang(m): 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
The same dasuki who was declared wanted later became the national security adviser....

Nigeria is dead and gone to the grave

2 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by tendawarrior1(m): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
lenghtinny:
Abeg Wetin Murtala Mohammed do Plateau people angry
go and read *my command* by olusegun obasanjo you would understand better
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) by tendawarrior1(m): 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
BTT:

Murtala overthrew their brother, Gowon.

murtala was of d kano boys and Gowon was of d jos boys they were never brothers. read obj my command

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife / Senator Shehu Sani's Reaction To Visit Of Atiku To USA / Yemi Osinbajo & Goodluck Jonathan In Abeokuta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.