Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Must The Next President Be A Northerner? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must The Next President Be A Northerner? (19381 Views)

Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by gidgiddy: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
Alariiwo:
One thing I'm sure of is that no Igbo will rule this country now or in future..

The slim chance they had has been killed by Nnamdi cownu and his Ipob piglets.
It's easier for them to get biafra than to get presidency.

Im Igbo Im hoping no Igbo will ever rule as well. After you people have messed messed up Nigeria for the last 50 years, you are talking about Igbos coming to rule?

You Nigerians must first get Nigeria to the level it was when an Igbo man last ruled it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by gidgiddy: 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
sebali:

This my theory..... If we feed a southern Christian from SS e. g Donald Duke he has a good chance of winning
1. Both SE and SW would vote for him since he is neither Igbo or Yoruba(as both tribes prefer to fight than support each other)
2. He is younger comparatively.... So those clamoring for a youthful candidate would vote him
3. The middle belt would vote him if we can use fulani menace against the core north
4. He has a good track record as governor of Cross rivers
5. The Christians in the NE could vote for him still because of fear of the fulanis and core northerners.
6. Buhari would always gt the NW bt another northern candidate means the vote in the NE would be shared that gives a consolidated sourthern candidate the advantage.
7. Finally we control the Media..... That's one of the ingredients needed to win an election.

I beg all southerners/middlebelterns alike, lets put our differences aside, Lets show the core North they don't own this country, lets stand up and effect a real change..... The Northern Islamic block has being ruling for years with nothing to show for it...... It mustn't be another Northern Muslim.
In 2015 I supported Buhari
Come 2019 am not voting a Northern Muslim.....
It Mustn't be between Buhari or Atiku..... Lets support our own.... Thats what the NW does every time.... They only vote for their own(Northern Muslim).

COME 2019 LET US SUPPORT OUR OWN. VOTE FOR A SOUTHERNER...
I WILL VOTE A SOUTHERNER.

You are a dreamer. Outside his home state, few people in the South know Donald Duke.

There is also nothing like Southern Nigerian unity

Anyone who believes in "one united Nigeria" has automatically made themselves a slave of the core North

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by aribisala0(m): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
stonemasonn:
Chris Ngige will do well, I served at Anambra when he was governor.
I like that guy
Funny
MEND will kidnap him
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by aribisala0(m): 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
gidgiddy:

Im Igbo Im hoping no Igbo will ever rule as well. After you people have messed messed up Nigeria for the last 50 years, you are talking about Igbos coming to rule?

You Nigerians must first get Nigeria to the level it was when an Igbo man last ruled it.
Tell yourself that nonsense
It was Ebolas that brought coup to Nigeria and abolished resource control and federalism

6 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by NASTYNASOSO: 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
sebali:
All about the media as regards to 2019 is Buhari vs Atiku. On the sidelines we have names like Lamido popping up. My question is, why is the south not making any move towards taking the presidency come 2019.
We produce the resources, are more educated but sit back and let the north dictate the nations politics since 1960. This has to stop, modern politics is all about the media, and we control the media (both the regular media and social media), so what are we afraid of. I dare to say we must not choose btw Atiku(desperation) and Buhari (failure), let the south feed a candidate and rally behind him.
This my theory..... If we feed a southern Christian from SS e. g Donald Duke he has a good chance of winning
1. Both SE and SW would vote for him since he is neither Igbo or Yoruba(as both tribes prefer to fight than support each other)
2. He is younger comparatively.... So those clamoring for a youthful candidate would vote him
3. The middle belt would vote him if we can use fulani menace against the core north
4. He has a good track record as governor of Cross rivers
5. The Christians in the NE could vote for him still because of fear of the fulanis and core northerners.
6. Buhari would always gt the NW bt another northern candidate means the vote in the NE would be shared that gives a consolidated sourthern candidate the advantage.
7. Finally we control the Media..... That's one of the ingredients needed to win an election.

I beg all southerners/middlebelterns alike, lets put our differences aside, Lets show the core North they don't own this country, lets stand up and effect a real change..... The Northern Islamic block has being ruling for years with nothing to show for it...... It mustn't be another Northern Muslim.
In 2015 I supported Buhari
Come 2019 am not voting a Northern Muslim.....
It Mustn't be between Buhari or Atiku..... Lets support our own.... Thats what the NW does every time.... They only vote for their own(Northern Muslim).

COME 2019 LET US SUPPORT OUR OWN. VOTE FOR A SOUTHERNER...
I WILL VOTE A SOUTHERNER.

HMMMMMMMMMM

YOU DONT HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT POLITICAL STRATEGY TO WIN AN ELECTION

6. Buhari would always gt the NW bt another northern candidate means the vote in the NE would be shared that gives a consolidated sourthern candidate the advantage.= POOR ANALYSIS

MIND YOU THE VOTES FROM THE NW IS CUMULATIVELY MORE THAN THE VOTES FROM THE SS,SE,A ND SW.
SO WHAT ABOUT THE VOTES FROM THE NC.
NO BODY WILL LEAVE BUHARI TO VOTE ANY OTHER CANDIDATE IN THE NE .FACT THE PEACE THE NE IS ENJOYING IN COMPARISON TO THE FORMER IS UNPRECEDENTED.NE IS TOTALLY BUHARIS ZONE.YOU SHOULD HAVE USED NC FOR YOUR ANALYSIS.
STILL PRESENT YOUR DONALD DUKE NO WAHALA,TRUST ME HE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE NOMINATION SO I SUGGEST YOU PRESENT YOURSELF.
#NOT TOO YOUNG TO RULE

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by gidgiddy: 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
aribisala0:

It was Ebolas that brought coup to Nigeria and abolished resource control and federalism

Really? And in 50 years, you people that claim to wise, held all the positions, but you cant undo what you claim Igbos did?

That means Igbos are just too much

13 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by aribisala0(m): 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
gidgiddy:

Really? And in 50 years, you people that claim to wise, held all the positions, but you cant undo what you claim Igbos did?

That means Igbos are just too much
Held which positions
1979Vice president Alex Ekwueme Speaker House of REPRESENTATIVES Edwin Ume Ezeoke
1983Vice president Alex Ekwueme Speaker House of REPRESENTATIVES Edwin Ume Ezeoke
You have ALWAYS been slaves and partners to Fulani
Still you try to rewrite history

8 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by NafeesaAA(f): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2017
Since the return of democracy in 1999

OBJ - Southern Christan - 8yrs
GEJ - Southern Christain - 5yrs
Total 13yrs

Yaradua - Northern Muslim - 2yrs
Buhari - Northern Muslim - 3yrs
Total - 5yrs

and you still think we the Northernera act as if we own the presidency. My friend, you should sharrrrrrrrrrap and wait till 2023

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by aribisala0(m): 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2017
NafeesaAA:

Total 13yrs

Total - 5yrs

and you still think we the Northernera act as if we own the presidency. My friend, you should sharrrrrrrrrrap and wait till 2023
why is 1999 so important why not 1960?
By the way there is nothing like southern or Northern. We have Fulani and Kanuri hausa Tiv Jukun Yoruba Igbo Efik and so on. Absolutely nothing like North. Are Fulani the only ones in the northern part of Nigeria?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by victorDanladi: 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
gidgiddy:

You are a dreamer. Outside his home state, few people in the South know Donald Duke.

There is also nothing like Southern Nigerian unity

Anyone who believes in "one united Nigeria" has automatically made themselves a slave of the core North
That is why I always say nmamdi azikwe was actually the person that sold his people as slaves to Ahmadu bello and tafawa balewa!

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by TheKingdom: 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
Yes the next president must be a northerner because they are the only serious group in this zoo. Igbo people have some seriousness, but their leaders are the worse, Yoruba love to party with gals and make easy money, the minorities are too confused as to what to do when its obvious as to what needs to be done, the Middle Belt folks are very treacherous and like to be used and dumped, and frankly, the North are those that inherited Queen Eliza's corporation...

3 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by FRESHG(m): 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2017
aribisala0:
There is no credible Ibo person that can rule Nigeria>They just don't have that kind of aptitude.They are better making money and developing Lagos and other places like Cape Town,Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur
There is No Ibo governor of note since 1999
The closest political figure whom I admire is female(a minus in Nigeria sadly) and not really experienced enough i.e Obi Ezekwesili.

Most of the others are charlatans
SO CERTIFICATELESS PROPHET BUHARI IS MORE EXPERIENCE THAN EZEKWESIRI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by FRESHG(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
igbodefender:
Let the North complete their tenure. We should vote Buhari in 2019. Igbo Presidency in 2023.

4 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by aribisala0(m): 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2017
FRESHG:
SO CERTIFICATELESS PROPHET BUHARI IS MORE EXPERIENCE THAN EZEKWESIRI
He is,he has been head of state before. Look at how he dealt with Kanu That is not a certificate matter. Anyway that is not relevant. We are talking about the future and I am not Buhari, s spokesman

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by omohayek: 12:48am On Nov 29, 2017
Why is anybody even taking this suggestion seriously, as if the current setup where godfathers come together to "zone" candidacies is legitimate, when the right way to pick presidential candidates should be the masses deciding through open primaries? Shouldn't it be about which candidate can obtain the votes of the largest number of registered party members? What does place of origin have to do with any of that?

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by FRESHG(m): 1:15am On Nov 29, 2017
aribisala0:

He is,he has been head of state before. Look at how he dealt with Kanu That is not a certificate matter. Anyway that is not relevant. We are talking about the future and I am not Buhari, s spokesman
BUT YOU JUST ACTED LIKE BOBRISKY SORRY NGENEUKWUENU

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:17am On Nov 29, 2017
NafeesaAA:

Total 13yrs

Total - 5yrs

Thank you my sister - then next minute they will turn around and call us Born to Rule.

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Part of the reasons we are still backward. What has region (north or south got to do with anytin). Obj and gej presidency what did you benefit

3 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=FRESHG post=62806688][/quote]
Foolish boy.
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:01am On Nov 29, 2017
I don't like zoning by principle because it always causes problems. If we want zoning we should put it in our constitution. Let's go for constitutional zoning. When it is the turn of the south every Nigerian will rally around the perceived best southern candidate, and when it's the turn of the north the same thing would happen.
If we don't do this, we'll always fight over zoning every election period.
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Cajal(m): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2017
U are in OYO...on your own
If you are placing RELIGION, ETHNICITY, STATE OF ORIGIN ahead merit
This is our real problem.

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Cannonleo(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2017
NafeesaAA:

Total 13yrs

Total - 5yrs

lol the addition of military presidents is the norths greatest undoing sha
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by FRESHG(m): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2017
igbodefender:

Foolish boy.
NIGERIADEFENDER IVE TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM IGBO THREAD angry

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2017
FRESHG:
Mazi, what passport do you hold. No be Green White Green? Meanwhile, Nnamdi Azikiwe, oho onye Igbo k'obu?

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2017
FRESHG:
Join us to campaign for Igbo Presidency in 2023. I wu nwa afor Igbo. Igbo Presidency nwe eto i meta Ndigbo mma. Ta bu gbo.

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2017
aribisala0:

The January 1966 coup was not an ethnic coup but a political coup organized by soldiers who wanted to put Awolowo in Balewa's post. Awolowo was then in prison, convicted for coup plotting in 1962.
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by aribisala0(m): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2017
igbodefender:
The January 1966 coup was not an ethnic coup but a political coup organized by soldiers who wanted to put Awolowo in Balewa's post. Awolowo was then in prison, convicted for coup plotting in 1962.
Yea Spiderman is real

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by aribisala0(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2017
aribisala0:

Held which positions
1979Vice president Alex Ekwueme Speaker House of REPRESENTATIVES Edwin Ume Ezeoke
1983Vice president Alex Ekwueme Speaker House of REPRESENTATIVES Edwin Ume Ezeoke
You have ALWAYS been slaves and partners to Fulani
Still you try to rewrite history
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by bishopkay: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2017
We have to accept zoning is illegal! No one I repeat no one has a right to zone the presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to any region.

The masses should be the ones to choose competent persons and not the case of having to select between two devils!

They day Nigerians choose to throw aside godfathers and petty tribalism and religious sentiments, that's the day real development would begin in this country...not the pseudo developments the media makes us believe!
It's so painful being a Nigerian at times!

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by bishopkay: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2017
aribisala0:
There is no credible Ibo person that can rule Nigeria>They just don't have that kind of aptitude.They are better making money and developing Lagos and other places like Cape Town,Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur
There is No Ibo governor of note since 1999
The closest political figure whom I admire is female(a minus in Nigeria sadly) and not really experienced enough i.e Obi Ezekwesili.

Most of the others are charlatans

Oby Ezekwesili? Seriously? A woman who couldn't see beyond her nose, who fell for, sold and propagated a propaganda created by the northern elites?

If she ever ascends that seat, She would one day be deceived to sell Nigeria off and she'd cry and wailers while at it thinking she's doing the world a favor!
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by aribisala0(m): 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
bishopkay:

Oby Ezekwesili? Seriously? A woman who couldn't see beyond her nose, who fell for, sold and propagated a propaganda created by the northern elites?

If she ever ascends that seat, She would one day be deceived to sell Nigeria off and she'd cry and wailers while at it thinking she's doing the world a favor!
You are entitled to your opinions
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by omohayek: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
bishopkay:

And how exactly was she deceived? By campaigning against an incompetent buffoon who was too busy with sharing loot with his cronies to actually govern?

Buhari may be no better than GEJ, but at least the precedent has now been set that failure to deliver can see you suffer electoral defeat: the only pity is that Nigeria lacks a serious opposition interested in finding new, energetic candidates with grassroots appeal to challenge the sick, tired old man from Daura. Instead the choice seems to be coming down to the same old crooks like Atiku and company, any of whom will only manage to hand Buhari an easy re-election by making him look better than the alternative.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SSS Hands Over Aisha Buhari’s Orderly To Police For Allleged Fraud / Imo: PDP In A Hurry To Resume Looting – Okorocha / "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.