Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,051 members, 7,953,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

Must The Next President Be A Northerner? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must The Next President Be A Northerner? (19838 Views)

Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by bishopkay: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
omohayek:

And how exactly was she deceived? By campaigning against an incompetent buffoon who was too busy with sharing loot with his cronies to actually govern?

Buhari may be no better than GEJ, but at least the precedent has now been set that failure to deliver can see you suffer electoral defeat: the only pity is that Nigeria lacks a serious opposition interested in finding new, energetic candidates with grassroots appeal to challenge the sick, tired old man from Daura. Instead the choice seems to be coming down to the same old crooks like Atiku and company, any of whom will only manage to hand Buhari an easy re-election by making him look better than the alternative.

The hand writings are were there, any one with half an analytical mind would know that the chibok situation was not possible without the backing of incumbent governor, members of his cabinet, top shots of the State and men from the north to make sure their regaining power agendum worked. We don't ask intelligent questions in Nigeria and the few who ask those questions get tagged wailers, ipob and what have you! But that's story for another day.

I quite agree with your second paragraph but my dear brother, don't bank on that precedent cos it may not happen! This is Nigeria! OK look at this scenario... Say buhari rigs the elections, what do you think would happen? Riots and protests? This is a man who has ordered armless civilians to be shot at and killed at various occasions... What makes you think he won't order same on anyone who tries to go on the street to challenge his "electoral victory"?

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by omohayek: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
bishopkay:

I quite agree with your second paragraph but my dear brother, don't bank on that precedent cos it may not happen! This is Nigeria! OK look at this scenario... Say buhari rigs the elections, what do you think would happen? Riots and protests? This is a man who has ordered armless civilians to be shot at and killed at various occasions... What makes you think he won't order same on anyone who tries to go on the street to challenge his "electoral victory"?
Considering that a few militants in the Niger-Delta alone were enough to bring the country to its knees, how long do you think Buhari would last in office if he had the majority of the south and the middle-belt against him? Nigeria is too ethnically and religiously diverse for such a thing to fly - it wasn't really GEJ's "peace loving" or "democratic" nature that forced him to give up office in 2015, and it won't matter how dictatorial Buhari wants to be in 2019 if he loses mass support, which is now happening even within his own NW home region, thanks to his woeful mismanagement of the economy.

The truth is that Buhari is a weak incumbent, clearly incompetent to deal with Nigeria's problems even if age and poor health weren't holding him back; he is the Nigerian equivalent of Jimmy Carter, a sitting duck waiting for a strong challenger to wipe the floor with him. The real problem is that the PDP still thinks it can get away with the same old "money and godfathers" politics that leads the same old thieves to the top, when it should be looking for a dynamic, young challenger who understands economics and technology, someone in the mould of France's Macron or Canada's Trudeau. Nobody in their right mind will vote for the likes of Atiku, Modu Sheriff and company, but that's all the PDP seems to be offering, almost as if they want Buhari to defeat them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by bishopkay: 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
omohayek:

The truth is that Buhari is a weak incumbent, clearly incompetent to deal with Nigeria's problems even if age and poor health weren't holding him back; he is the Nigerian equivalent of Jimmy Carter, a sitting duck waiting for a strong challenger to wipe the floor with him. The real problem is that the PDP still thinks it can get away with the same old "money and godfathers" politics that leads the same old thieves to the top, when it should be looking for a dynamic, young challenger who understands economics and technology, someone in the mould of France's Macron or Canada's Trudeau. Nobody in their right mind will vote for the likes of Atiku, Modu Sheriff and company, but that's all the PDP seems to be offering, almost as if they want Buhari to defeat them.

I get you Bro but alas... This is Nigeria! And the youth would keep running around for whom to collect 5 thousand naira from to go right elections in his favor
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by TheKingdom: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
NafeesaAA:
Since the return of democracy in 1999

OBJ - Southern Christan - 8yrs
GEJ - Southern Christain - 5yrs
Total 13yrs

Yaradua - Northern Muslim - 2yrs
Buhari - Northern Muslim - 3yrs
Total - 5yrs

and you still think we the Northernera act as if we own the presidency. My friend, you should sharrrrrrrrrrap and wait till 2023

Power in the Nigger Area is not just the presidency, it is in states, state allocation, military. And political appointments, etc., which all have favored Arewa for 60 years and counting

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by miqos03: 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
A don know
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Blissbeatz(m): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
Question for d gods......
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Based on quota system yes, after the North, then the South East has to produce the next president

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2017
NafeesaAA:
Since the return of democracy in 1999

OBJ - Southern Christan - 8yrs
GEJ - Southern Christain - 5yrs
Total 13yrs

Yaradua - Northern Muslim - 2yrs
Buhari - Northern Muslim - 3yrs
Total - 5yrs

and you still think we the Northernera act as if we own the presidency. My friend, you should sharrrrrrrrrrap and wait till 2023

I agree. North all the way to 2023. I agree completely

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
According to the convention implicitly agreed upon by the Nigerian political class, the presidency will remain in the north till 2023. Now whether or not this is in the nation's best interests is another matter entirely

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
I will vote anyone minus the traitor tribe

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by mrlaw93(m): 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
At OP, all u wrote up there is thrash. You started ur post telling us we need more options yet you limited us to a SS Christian, and ur only example is Donald Duke. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by enemyofprogress: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
Let's take it to the middle belt and give it to a very young man in person of Yahaya Bello the governor of kogi state

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2017
come 2019, Its going to be a very big shocker for Nigerians. I cannot begin to claim to be a sooth sayer like the jet flying sugar coated tongued pastors! I am not a politician, but with the political terrain in Nigeria, its still going to be a long journey to the land of Egypt where, 40days journey has become a 40yrs journey. the Messiah is not coming 2019. and for PDP with all the cross carpeting here and there, just forget the political show and political arena and rescind into other businesses. A time will come in Nigeria when it will no longer be business as usual and when there era of paddy paddy government would be long forgotten. For me, I really would love the next President to be an Igbo man not because of one silly and lousy Nnamdi KANU, but because the Igbo's as a nation strongly deserve it. It would be befitting if the real Odimegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu Son emerge the Presidential Candidate of the APC's choice or Rochas Okorocha, or Orji Uzor Kalu as the APC presidential choice. but more preferably, it would be best to have a young chap around the ages of 35yrs and 45yrs with a conglomerate, global and panoramic views and philosophy.

The real spirit of stewardship and honesty in service to the people under the umbrella of PDP died with the true hero and legendary leader Olusegun Obasanjo exit from the party.

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Xtopher123(m): 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ive decided to Run for the Presidency come 2019..

Since no one is able to come up with anyone credible then I'm nominating myself

Issues I'll Tackle in my First Tenure
- Power
- Human Development ( Education)
- Security (NPF would be overhauled)

Fix these things and Watch Nigeria's Problems Slowly die a Natural Death..

#Xtopher2019
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
sebali:
All about the media as regards to 2019 is Buhari vs Atiku. On the sidelines we have names like Lamido popping up. My question is, why is the south not making any move towards taking the presidency come 2019.

We produce the resources, are more educated but sit back and let the north dictate the nations politics since 1960. This has to stop, modern politics is all about the media, and we control the media (both the regular media and social media), so what are we afraid of. I dare to say we must not choose btw Atiku(desperation) and Buhari (failure), let the south feed a candidate and rally behind him.

This my theory..... If we feed a southern Christian from SS e. g Donald Duke he has a good chance of winning

1. Both SE and SW would vote for him since he is neither Igbo or Yoruba(as both tribes prefer to fight than support each other)
2. He is younger comparatively.... So those clamoring for a youthful candidate would vote him
3. The middle belt would vote him if we can use fulani menace against the core north
4. He has a good track record as governor of Cross rivers
5. The Christians in the NE could vote for him still because of fear of the fulanis and core northerners.
6. Buhari would always gt the NW bt another northern candidate means the vote in the NE would be shared that gives a consolidated sourthern candidate the advantage.
7. Finally we control the Media..... That's one of the ingredients needed to win an election.

I beg all southerners/middlebelterns alike, lets put our differences aside, Lets show the core North they don't own this country, lets stand up and effect a real change..... The Northern Islamic block has being ruling for years with nothing to show for it...... It mustn't be another Northern Muslim.
In 2015 I supported Buhari
Come 2019 am not voting a Northern Muslim.....
It Mustn't be between Buhari or Atiku..... Lets support our own.... Thats what the NW does every time.... They only vote for their own(Northern Muslim).

COME 2019 LET US SUPPORT OUR OWN. VOTE FOR A SOUTHERNER...
I WILL VOTE A SOUTHERNER.
All your analysis is centered on sentiment. Change your mindset and attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by mmsen: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
urahara:

Guy , you should be thinking about integrity and efficiency , not state of origin.

Buhari is not concerned with either.

And Atiku is not what I think of when you say integrity.

Stop recycling the same useless characters.

Stop allowing the north to dictate nonsense and push mediocrity and poverty on the rest of the nation.

I'm all for weakening the centre so that it doesn't matter where the president is from. Because even if you have elections they will rig it as they did last time. Same as how they commit fraud during census.
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by magzey: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
The Answer is NO.but if you can understand the law of political Further Math is YES.
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Inani(m): 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
This is just myopic,for the past 18 years ,north only ruled for close to 4 yrs,so the south has ruled for 14yrs.

3 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by magzey: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Let's take it to the middle belt and give it to a very young man in person of Yahaya Bello the governor of kogi state
get ready for Salary none payment in Nigeria for 6 months grin grin grin
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by cardoctor(m): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
Who cares? Im the next President.
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by yashau(m): 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
sebali:
All about the media as regards to 2019 is Buhari vs Atiku. On the sidelines we have names like Lamido popping up. My question is, why is the south not making any move towards taking the presidency come 2019.

We produce the resources, are more educated but sit back and let the north dictate the nations politics since 1960. This has to stop, modern politics is all about the media, and we control the media (both the regular media and social media), so what are we afraid of. I dare to say we must not choose btw Atiku(desperation) and Buhari (failure), let the south feed a candidate and rally behind him.

This my theory..... If we feed a southern Christian from SS e. g Donald Duke he has a good chance of winning

1. Both SE and SW would vote for him since he is neither Igbo or Yoruba(as both tribes prefer to fight than support each other)
2. He is younger comparatively.... So those clamoring for a youthful candidate would vote him
3. The middle belt would vote him if we can use fulani menace against the core north
5. The Christians in the NE could vote for him still because of fear of the fulanis and core northerners.
6. Buhari would always gt the NW bt another northern candidate means the vote in the NE would be shared that gives a consolidated sourthern candidate the advantage.
7. Finally we control the Media..... That's one of the ingredients needed to win an election.

I beg all southerners/middlebelterns alike, lets put our differences aside, Lets show the core North they don't own this country, lets stand up and effect a real change..... The Northern Islamic block has being ruling for years with nothing to show for it...... It mustn't be another Northern Muslim.
It Mustn't be between Buhari or Atiku..... Lets support our own.... Thats what the NW does every time.... They only vote for their own(Northern Muslim).

Mr man, for all you've said, you're a religion bigot!

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Chukapage(m): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
aribisala0:

Tell yourself that nonsense
It was Ebolas that brought coup to Nigeria and abolished resource control and federalism
guy your hate and tribalism irks its too disgusting ..pple are discussing southern unity and progress here u should either keep shut or say something reasonable apart from hate!

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by Elfaris(m): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
sebali:

You just defeated your own course in one write up. mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by chuksjuve(m): 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2017
The irony called Nigeria ..

The intellectuals and brilliant south is ruled by the non educated north..

Truth be told, the north usually and are best positioned and advantage by virtue their population, while the south in all their sophistication always play second fiddle no thanks to their greed nature...

1 Like

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by qleap2all(m): 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2017
sebali:

We are tired of that Narration, let competent person be supported irrespective of tribe or religion. By the way, tell us what has the Southern President achieved for Nigerians if not for their own family and cronies

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by GGirll: 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2017
Proudly igbo with or without d presidency I can n will survive in any clime at any time with my God given potentials.....my affections are with d things above,heavenly cos I've killed n mortified my flesh n since then I'm d happiest individual on earth....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by smileyoo: 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
aribisala0:
There is no credible Ibo person that can rule Nigeria>They just don't have that kind of aptitude.They are better making money and developing Lagos and other places like Cape Town,Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur
There is No Ibo governor of note since 1999
The closest political figure whom I admire is female(a minus in Nigeria sadly) and not really experienced enough i.e Obi Ezekwesili.

Most of the others are charlatans
and you 've not heared of this principled man called Ebitu Ukiwe? ibos still 've men of good character, but they 're too silent, while the bad ones make so much noise and elect useless statues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by jbcul4ril(m): 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
That why I suggest we allow PMB to continue so as to know we are done with North. If Atiku makes it, he will want to stay for another 8years.
Let be politically wise.
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by naijaboy756: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
igbodefender:
Let the North complete their tenure. We should vote Buhari in 2019. Igbo Presidency in 2023.
You are a yoruba MUSLIM

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by imam07: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
Am a yoruba and I know me and my family will never vote a hausa candidate. Nothing to show in this govt.

2 Likes

Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by eph12(m): 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
Mstchewww nonsense
Re: Must The Next President Be A Northerner? by bigpicture001: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
I am strongly in support of rotational leadrrship...equity should be upheld since we are not the same ppl nd hv failed to integrate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kwankwaso’s Kano Visit: Dambazau Heads Security Committee / NSCDC Arrest Wife Of Boko Haram Leader / Court Allows EFCC To Arrest Senator Albert Bassey For Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.