Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis (841 Views)

Are Sleep Paralysis Caused By Demonic Attacks? YES / What's Your Take On Sleep Paralysis? Is It Evil Or Medical Disorder / The Sleep Paralysis I Had: Could This Be A Spirit Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by Mufasa27(m): 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys I want to hear your viewa about sleep paralysis
WHAT IS SLEEP PARALYSIS

Sleep paralysis is when, during awakening or falling asleep, one is aware but unable to move. During an episode, one may hear, feel, or see things that are not there It often results in fear.Episodes generally last less than a couple of minutes.It may occur as a single episode or be recurrent.

Many of you reading this probably have experienced it at least once in your lifetime or know someone who has experienced it. You wake up suddenly from sleep and you try to move but can’t no matter how much you exert yourself. You may manage to slightly move your toes or some other body part but it is a struggle and you still can’t move your entire body. This can go on for a few seconds or minutes but at times it can feel like an eternity. During an episode you may perceive an evil, malicious presence. You may feel utter dread. You may also have actually seen a shadow person or a shadow person wearing a hat or some other evil, demonic looking entity. You may have experienced some entity sitting on your chest or had an episode accompanied by an entity doing sexual things to your body. Some people have reported having someone’s hands over their neck choking them; others have had heard mocking laughter during an episode.

Is it a spiritual attack or does science have a credible explanation for it?

Let me know your views please

1 Like

Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by platinumphotos: 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yorubas call it orinrin.. I think it's demonic
Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by Mufasa27(m): 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
platinumphotos:
Yorubas call it orinrin.. I think it's demonic
Have you ever experienced it
Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by biafraisdead(m): 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
science has an explanation for it, I think it is called the 'rapid eye movement(rem)' and the 'non rapid eye movement(nrem)' but I still don't believe science on this, am someone that hardly believes anything superstitious but am forced to believe that sleep paralysis may be demonic. it has happened to me severally but not any more. in my own case there was a particular place and part of the house that makes sleeping paralysis likely or very prone to happen, also in my case I always know when it was about to happen cos there was this sound like the presence of a strange being I always felt but before I would say Jack I would become paralyzed. it used to happen to me very often in our old house before we packed out and in our new place it has never happened to me for close to 7 years now; I think our former place has some evil forces taunting that area. u would also notice that u would never experience it if u say ur prayers before going to bed. so my submission is I think sleeping paralysis is connected to some unseen forces.

1 Like

Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by nwadiuko1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
lalasticlala.....please i need this on front page.....coincides with an ongoing research I'm into
Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by Mufasa27(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
biafraisdead:
science has an explanation for it, I think it is called the 'rapid eye movement(rem)' and the 'non rapid eye movement(nrem)' but I still don't believe science on this, am someone that hardly believes anything superstitious but am forced to believe that sleep paralysis may be demonic. it has happened to me severally but not any more. in my own case there was a particular place and part of the house that makes sleeping paralysis likely or very prone to happen, also in my case I always know when it was about to happen cos there was this sound like the presence of a strange being I always felt but before I would say Jack I would become paralyzed. it used to happen to me very often in our old house before we packed out and in our new place it has never happened to me for close to 7 years now; I think our former place has some evil forces taunting that area. u would also notice that u would never experience it if u say ur prayers before going to bed. so my submission is I think sleeping paralysis is connected to some unseen forces.
I'm a victim too, it happens to me like twice or thrice in 6 months and I think it's spiritual also,because anytime mine is about to happen I'm always awake (About to sleep or just waking up) i can feel and see strange creatures trying to suffocate or hold me down.... I have been read some articles online lately and I learnt those strange creatures are mere hallucinations, but they can't really explain why you can't move your legs and arms during the episodes
Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
It has happened to ne before
the experience is frustrating (I'll be like, hope I won't die in this process?)
Whenever I pray very well before sleep, it won't but if I do night browsing and sleep lately around 2am, it may come, at times, I would pray den, it will still come, to later sleep well, recently, I played the tongues of my pastor Paul Enenche on my ear and slept like a baby (though woke up with battery empty) so I think its demonic

but at times to get outta it, I stretch my feet in struggle and if I overcome, I got revived, but d nearest closing of my eye at that period, I'd be gone

God is helping me out of it
but I experience if I sleep very late
Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by platinumphotos: 8:30am On Nov 28, 2017
Mufasa27:

Have you ever experienced it
Sure... Many times..
Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by dammy222(f): 5:34am On Nov 30, 2017
I think it's demonic. You have to call the name of Jesus to be able to get out of it
Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by OtemSapien: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2017
Sleep paralysis is psychological. There are no entities as demons, our minds generate demons.
Sleep paralysis occur so that we don't start to act out the things we do in our dream while dreaming. Imagine you are on bed and wriggling violently because you are actually dreaming of being in a dance hall. Will it make sense seeing yourself fall down from your bed to the floor? In order to prevent such occurrence, nature made our body to be paralyzed for our own good, but the brain always want to interprete anything happening to us, even though it doesn't make true meaning of them, therefore it gives us a false interpretation that something or someone is sitting on our physical body, etc, which is not true.
Many people may not experience sleep paralysis by reciting statements of confidence before sleeping, e.g prayers, incantations, words of confidence, because the brain would confidently interpret the phenomenon to them because they went confidently to bed. But those who went fearfully to bed will have their sleep paralysis interpreted to them fearfully.
So it is psychological and there's nothing spiritual about it. I have experienced the worst of sleep paralysis and nowadays I just wait for the experience to pass away, without having anything to fear.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Your Views On Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2017
I had experienced it about 3 years ago. It was the most scariest feeling I've in my entire life. I suddenly wake up and I couldn't move anything other than my eyes and to some extent my head. My brother and me sleep in same room and I can see him. Then a scary creature came and started to stare at me. I thought it was going to kill me, so I started to say bye and I love you to my parents to myself.

This happened few days after I saw a documentary about humans abdication by Aliens. Some of the abdicates experienced what I experienced, so I started to feel if I was abdicated as were. But after I searched my experience online, I realized that it has a scientific explanation and it was just like you explained it.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your Opinion On Who A Christian Should Be? / Beware Of The Tricks Of The Devil / RCCG Sunday School Quarterly Review – Fourth Interactive Session Lesson 52

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.