Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. (19866 Views)

CAF African Footballer Of The Year: Nigerias Victor Osimhen Is 2023 Winner / CAF African Champions League Final To Be Replayed. / "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by Sage7(m): 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
If Nigeria gets nominated in all categories of award you can ever think of in the world, we cannot be nominated in the officiating category.

Our referees are so biased, they can change corner-kick to penalty-kick.

Man-must-chop syndrome dey their blood cells and e dey spread like Banky w & adesuwa wedding news

Hian!

2 Likes

Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by naptu2: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
sod09:
Youth player of the year
Iwobi or kelechi didn't make the list
What the hell shocked

Icon79:
I just asked the same question. Alex Iwobi definitely supposed to make the list.

O pari

Iwobi won it last year and Iheanacho won the most promising player of the year award in 2013 and 2016.

Maybe they feel that they are no longer "youth players".
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by ambrosini593(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
why are people mentioning salah. salah didn't play for Liverpool last season, the award is for last season and which he didn't make much impact . as for mane, he got injured almost half of last season

3 Likes

Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by obedugo(m): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
Moses and Keita had a wonderful season both wining trophies for there various clubs so i tip them ahead of others, whereby if Alex Chuka Iwobi did not make this list then i say something is wrong.
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by optional1(f): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
collinometricx:

I nor fit enter friendzone... we na cacus men

lolz
how was yesterday Christ the King...
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by collinometricx: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
optional1 :

lolz

how was yesterday Christ the King...

Mk i nor lie i nor go church yesterday
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by Hayah: 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
cstr1000:

Why?
What has he done in the past 1 year to deserve it that others haven't done better?

Well said bro. . .

The same mistake in judgement that the guy you quoted made is the same most people who'll vote will make. That is they will mistakenly assume Salahs recent performance as being his overall performance in the last one year, which of course is NOT so.

Moses performed better than all of them individually in the last one year. No controversy unless CAF decides to cheat him.

It's Moses' time

ambrosini593:
why are people mentioning salah. salah didn't play for Liverpool last season, the award is for last season and which he didn't make much impact . as for mane, he got injured almost half of last season

I wonder bro, I hope and pray that notion doesn't work against Moses

1 Like

Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by cstr1000: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hayah:

Well said bro. . .

The same mistake in judgement that the guy you quoted made is the same most people who'll vote will make. That is they will mistakenly assume Salahs recent performance as being his overall performance in the last one year, which of course is NOT so.

Moses performed better than all of them individually in the last one year. No controversy unless CAF decides to cheat him.

It's Moses' time

I wonder bro, I hope and pray that notion doesn't work against Moses
Guy, na Africa we dey. CAF is incompetent.

Salah will win it undeservedly. Even some mumu Nigerians don already give salah.
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by pezeji(m): 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
crazygod:
Award goes to Mo Sallah. No disputing.
with what criterial are awarding mo salah, what did he win d season before now?
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by pezeji(m): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
ppl don dey use mouth crown salah for winning NOTHING before dis season, distancing themselves from a Moses who helped Chelsea to d crown and even to d fa cup finals. i rather give Aubemeyang who was top scorer in germany dan salah
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by Danielnino00(m): 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
optional1:
Most annoying thing is that we Nigerians won't vote more than once like other countries will do.

Only some selected people are allowed to vote for awards like this one..

if its the BBC APOTY u are referring to, don't worry our naija brothers now how to do it... grin
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by cstr1000: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
pezeji:
ppl don dey use mouth crown salah for winning NOTHING before dis season, distancing themselves from a Moses who helped Chelsea to d crown and even to d fa cup finals. i rather give Aubemeyang who was top scorer in germany dan salah
Moses is the stand-out player by a very long gap.
Won the EPL trophy as a first choice RWB in a 3-4-3 that destroyed the EPL and won 13 straight record wins.

If Moses don't win it, then Aubameyang should for nearly winning the Euro golden boot that messi eventually won.

Salah and mane are not even there at all. They did absolutely nothing in the season in review.

3 Likes

Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by nelsonebby(m): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
salam and diatte crazy young talent
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by optional1(f): 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
Then you miss big

collinometricx:
Mk i nor lie i nor go church yesterday
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by collinometricx: 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
optional1 :
Then you miss big

I swear
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by optional1(f): 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
collinometricx:

I swear

so how Christmas go be...
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by Collins10(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
cstr1000:

You are giving CAF more respect than they are worth.
These guys are set to crown salah as africa's best player despite winning nothing and gaining a bit of relevance just now at the tail end of the year while languishing in mediocrity throughout the most part of the year.

You should expect the incompetence.
Oga, if you say Salah should not win CAF Player of the Year because he did not win any trophy, I will understand...

But if you say he should not win because he languished in mediocrity throughout most part of the year, I will have to ask you to stop watching only Chelsea and Nigeria and broaden your horizon when it comes to football!

Salah? Mediocrity? Really?
Do you know the sort of performance that guy gave to Roma last season? He ended up being the only player to get double figures in both stats (15 goals and 11 assists) in the league.

If you say because he no win trophy, I go understand.
But no call that guy mediocre this year o! He has been very superb since he left Chelsea!
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by principalgee: 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
MM salah for male while AZ oshoala for female
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by cstr1000: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Collins10:
Oga, if you say Salah should not win CAF Player of the Year because he did not win any trophy, I will understand...

But if you say he should not win because he languished in mediocrity throughout most part of the year, I will have to ask you to stop watching only Chelsea and Nigeria and broaden your horizon when it comes to football!

Salah? Mediocrity? Really?
Do you know the sort of performance that guy gave to Roma last season? He ended up being the only player to get double figures in both stats (15 goals and 11 assists) in the league.

If you say because he no win trophy, I go understand.
But no call that guy mediocre this year o! He has been very superb since he left Chelsea!
Mediocrity is relative.
He was mediocre when you compare his season to that of Moses or Aubameyang.

Muhammed salah should not even be in contention.
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by bencynthgreat: 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
crazygod:
No sallah is on fire dis season like Mose was last season. it shud go to Moses.
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by femi4: 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
crazygod:
seconded
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by femi4: 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
bencynthgreat:

No sallah is on fire dis season like Mose was last season. it shud go to Moses.
Africa footballer of the year not season. Jan - Dec
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by gillz(m): 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
Little wonders Desire Operanozie is never recognized for all her effort. To me she is the best female striker in Africa
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by Collins10(m): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
cstr1000:

Mediocrity is relative.
He was mediocre when you compare his season to that of Moses or Aubameyang.

Muhammed salah should not even be in contention.
Oga, he was not mediocre joor!
Talking about performance, he did better than Moses and he is still more influential than Moses after coming to the EPL this season!

Only Aubameyang had a better season than him.

Watch more football apart from EPL and see that things are happening in other countries apart from England!

You think CAF are composed of people who watch only EPL, just like you do?

No.
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by cstr1000: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
Collins10:
Oga, he was not mediocre joor!
Talking about performance, he did better than Moses and he is still more influential than Moses after coming to the EPL this season!

Only Aubameyang had a better season than him.

Watch more football apart from EPL and see that things are happening in other countries apart from England!

You think CAF are composed of people who watch only EPL, just like you do?

No.
influential than moses how?
Did he fire Liverpool to a trophy? Because that is what Moses did in his own essential way as a RWB.
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by Collins10(m): 10:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
cstr1000:

influential than moses how?
Did he fire Liverpool to a trophy? Because that is what Moses did in his own essential way as a RWB.
Ehen!

You have said something finally!
You have mentioned TROPHY.

Remember that is what I told you in my first reply : (If you say Salah shouldn't win it because of trophy, I will understand..... But don't say he had a mediocre year).

Talk of trophy and I will give it to Moses....

But don't say Salah was mediocre. He wasn't!

Don't put down someone because you want your own man to win!
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by cstr1000: 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
Collins10:
Ehen!

You have said something finally!
You have mentioned TROPHY.

Remember that is what I told you in my first reply : (If you say Salah shouldn't win it because of trophy, I will understand..... But don't say he had a mediocre year).

Talk of trophy and I will give it to Moses....

But don't say Salah was mediocre. He wasn't!

Don't put down someone because you want your own man to win!
You were already rooting for salah to win , but you didn't give us any thing that makes him special.
There is nothing special about 11 goals.

Aubameyang nearly won the Euro golden boot afer scoring boatloads of goals. Moses won the EPL.
Those are special achievements. salah has no special achievements.

1 Like

Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by kandyj(f): 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
so arsene Wenger couldn't be considered for caf nomination

1 Like

Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by Collins10(m): 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
cstr1000:

You were already rooting for salah to win , but you didn't give us any thing that makes him special.
There is nothing special about 11 goals.

Aubameyang nearly won the Euro golden boot afer scoring boatloads of goals. Moses won the EPL.
Those are special achievements. salah has no special achievements.
What are you even saying?

I rooted for Salah to win? Stop sounding ridiculous abeg!
I never said anything about Salah winning and I don't expect him to!

I only took on you because you referred to him as MEDIOCRE, simply because you want to push your points for Moses to win.

And I totally disagreed with that! Salah was not mediocre.
This year has been his best year ever.

I cannot lie on that one. It was wrong for you to say mediocre, because if you talk of performance from January to December 2017, it is Salah.

But don't say I am rooting for him to win! That is a misconception. I am not doing that!

I am only telling you not to refer his year as a mediocre one. He has been a blast from January!
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by Pharaoh001(f): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
AnyGood African player that won EPL Trophy will forever be the CAF winner....
Go check History.....
I think its Victor Moses Time...
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by toprealman: 3:30am On Nov 28, 2017
Mihayo Kazembe (TP Mazembe).....COACH OF THE YEAR. back to back
Re: Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year. by shegie(m): 4:43am On Nov 28, 2017
Moses all the way

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Are Looking Unstoppable But Can Still Miss Out On Next Season's UCL / "If You Feel Pressure, Stay At Home" - Jose Mourinho To Players / Real Madrid Prepared To Offer Asensio To Liverpool For Sadio Mane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.