Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

What To Eat On A First Date. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What To Eat On A First Date. (2462 Views)

Here Are The Foods To Never Eat On An Empty Stomach / Here Are The Foods To Never Eat On An Empty Stomach / Food To Avoid On A First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Eat On A First Date. by zainabope: 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
So I made a post on food to avoid on a first date
https://www.nairaland.com/4196643/food-avoid-first-date
Still wondering on what to eat on a first date. Here's a thread for you.
A friend of mine all disappointed walked up to me saying “Mma blogger shei you wrote about what people shouldn’t have on a first date better write about what people can also have” because she got all dressed up ready for a date just to have Bread and Zobo drink. This got me thinking on what someone could possibly have on a first date which led me asking people for their opinions and I kid you not I got replies like Starch and Banga soup( from my Delta friend), yam porridge but the food they all had in common was RICE. It just depends on the place and time(morning, noon or night) the date would happen.

It’s not a written law that first dates should be at a restaurant, be creative.
This is a combined list of both African and conditional suggestions for first date:

1)Rice and Chicken/Fish:
This is simple and easy to eat. Majority of Nigerians are familiar with rice so there would be no embarrassment except you are forming. All forms of rice are acceptable on the first date; Fried rice, Jollof rice, Ofada Rice with Ayamase sauce, e.t.c.

2. Nkwobi/ Isiewu/ Asun:
This is just perfect. It is an African dish that allows you to be both finesse and ajepacko at the same time.

3. Igbin:
Deshelled African land snail is usually cooked in an onion and peppersauce. This meal is nice if the date is at night.

4. Chips and Grilled Fish

5. Suya:
If you are concerned about your breath, suya could be had without the onions.

6. Wine:Wine could help relax your nerves if you are tensed up.

7. Catfish peppersoup(Point and Kill)....

Read more at: https://pinchofchel./2017/11/27/firstdatefood/

Re: What To Eat On A First Date. by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
beans! grin

1 Like

Re: What To Eat On A First Date. by Spylord48: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2017
1)Rice and Chicken/Fish
2. Nkwobi/ Isiewu/ Asun

3. Igbin
4. Chips and Grilled Fish
5. Suya
6. Wine
7. Catfish peppersoup(Point and Kill)
Can I ask you a question madame blogger. Please who will pay for these? Hope the girl/lady will contribute her own quota or will the bill be on the guys head?
If I am going on a date and you request for things like this that I didn't budget for,believe you me,you will have to contribute to the bill because I am not Father Christmas or Director of Fayose stomach infrastructure program.
Nothing is free even in Freetown. That why most girls have turn dating or outing things into celebration galore and foodstuffs shopping period. Worst is that some of these girls that request for these are those ones eating indomie or even smoking garri from Monday to Friday only to come out and be forming another thing else

(1) (Reply)

Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? / 10 Powerful Benefits Of Drinking Moringa Every Day / Kpomo Sellers Arrested In Sapele For Using This To Fatten Kpomo (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.