Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? (2465 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? / Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? by Deluty997(m): 1:43am On Mar 26, 2013
Beans is a good source of protein, and protein is a body builder, with good quality of strength and energy,ending in secretion of amino acid that is also good for human skin. But despite all these nutritive properties of beans as one of African staple foods,most people still don't really like consuming it and thus making rice 2 be far preferred to it especially by women. I often wonder why?
Re: Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? by Lucasbalo(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
Because they don't know better. Beans all the way.
Re: Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? by dasparrow: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Deluty997: Beans is a good source of protein, and protein is a body builder, with good quality of strength and energy,ending in secretion of amino acid that is also good for human skin. But despite all these nutritive properties of beans as one of African staple foods,most people still don't really like consuming it and thus making rice 2 be far preferred to it especially by women. I often wonder why?

Can you blame those who prefer rice to beans? For one, beans causes bloating and constipation in quite a number of people, my humble self included. Rice doesn't. Rice is more physically appealing to the eye, again beans isn't. Abeg, make we leave matter. Let those who love beans eat beans and let those who love rice stick with rice. Shikena!
Re: Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? by iagdb(f): 8:46am On Apr 04, 2013
Personally i like beans, and anything made from beans, so i dont understand why people dont like it, but one reason might be that it take longer to cook, two, it has a taste as against rice that is relatively bland except stewed or tossed, and anyone can get used to the rice taste, but for beans, you have to like the taste, or at least get to like it, and as already mentioned, it digests slower than rice, and gives the gas, and sometimes the runs, which could be inconveniencing. But its not bad at all to include a bit of it in meals. One could also try baked beans, thats milder.
Re: Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? by ashmanpolo: 9:00am On Apr 04, 2013
i LOVE RICE
Last night i dreamt i was eating a BIG pot of rice... When i woke up my pillow was gone. LoL

(1) (Reply)

Kpomo Sellers Arrested In Sapele For Using This To Fatten Kpomo (pic) / What To Eat On A First Date. / Who Knows D English Name 4 Dis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.