Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete (846 Views)

I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) / Ex-banker Arrested On Wedding Day In Lagos Over 'N1 Million Theft' / 51-Year-Old Landlord Flogs A Married Woman 50 Times With Belt In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by VeeInsider: 8:06am On Nov 28, 2017
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a Lagos banker who tortured his wife to death at their home on Peluola Street, Oworonshoki, in the Bariga area of the state.

Olaoluwa Adejo, 32, tortured his 28-year-old wife of five years, Maureen with a belt, as well as cutting her with a machete.

Their five-year-old son, Richard, in whose presence the incident reportedly happened said his father also forced a local insecticide, otapiapia, down the throat of his mother.

He said: "I am Richard Adejo. I am five years old. My daddy beat my mummy with a belt; machete her here (shows arms), machete her here (shows legs). He used the belt on her here (points at face); forced my mummy to drink otapiapia (insecticide). My daddy took my mummy away.

“My daddy said my mummy should get out of the house. My mummy said no. In the night, my daddy woke my mummy up and said, ‘Mosquito is too much, let me go and buy otapiapia’. My daddy forced my mummy to drink it. She shook her head. She vomited.

“My daddy slapped my mummy. My mummy did not do anything to him. My daddy gave her one blow. My daddy kicked her. My daddy told her to get out of the house and carry her load. Small blood came out. My daddy slapped her, kicked her, machete her, blow her, and put otapiapia in her mouth and in the food.”

The victim’s mother, Mrs. Kate Jonathan, told the Punch that Richard had given more graphic details of the incident to family members, police authorities and officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Justice.

She said her daughter had packed out of her matrimonial house five days to the incident and was living with her when she decided to return for a party at the children's school. She said she never returned alive.

She said: “I was called on the telephone by an unknown number around 4pm on Sunday, November 12. The caller said, ‘Your daughter’s husband has killed her at Oworo’. He dropped the call.

“Around 5pm when I got to their house, I discovered that the house was locked up. There were two boys guarding the house and they refused to open the door to me, saying the owner of the house instructed them not to open the door.

“I didn’t see my daughter or her husband. I was begging them to open the door when I saw Richard jumping up through the window. He saw me and asked the boys to open the door, but they refused.

“I broke the louvers of the window. The boy climbed a stool and said from inside, ‘my father has killed my mother and taken her away.’”

She said she reported the case at the Oworonshoki Police Station, where she was told that the suspect had already reported that his wife committed suicide by taking local insecticide, Sniper.

The 32-year-old banker had already deposited the body of his wife in the Gbagada General Hospital mortuary and had allegedly gone to obtain court documents to enable him bury her and cover up his devilish act.

But he was forced to return to the police station for a certain document, which led to his arrest based on his mother-in-law's complaint.

Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/lagos-banker-arrested-for-murder-after-torturing-wife-with-belt-and-machete/

Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by AntiWailer: 8:07am On Nov 28, 2017
Sad.

Frustrated f00l.

What a wicked soul.

I hope he gets a death sentence.
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by madridguy(m): 8:07am On Nov 28, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by Khd95(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2017
I sabi that road oo shocked

The devil is no longer satan...he's is inform of wo/men
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by hatchy(f): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2017
We live in a perilous time.

Women watch your mouth and stupidity.

Men watch your anger and action.
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by nNEOo(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2017
Watch the slow and poisonous law take effect #yawns ........

My daddy this , my daddy did , my daddy this , my daddy did, .....

What other evidence do they need to tie him to a stake , force otapiapia down his throat, put pepper his in eye,slap him , matchet him .... ...leave him for an hour b4 he dies send for the firing squad. angry
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by kodded(m): 8:26am On Nov 28, 2017
[s]
AntiWailer:
Sad.

Frustrated f00l.

What a wicked soul.

I hope he gets a death sentence.
[/s] am still waiting for you to comments on this thread hypocrite angry

https://www.nairaland.com/4201584/lady-pours-hot-water-mixed

https://www.nairaland.com/4200895/yewande-oyediran-woman-killed-husband
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by kodded(m): 8:30am On Nov 28, 2017
next time she should watch her mouth undecided
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by AntiWailer: 8:32am On Nov 28, 2017
kodded:
[s][/s] am still waiting for you to comments on this thread hypocrite angry

https://www.nairaland.com/4201584/lady-pours-hot-water-mixed

https://www.nairaland.com/4200895/yewande-oyediran-woman-killed-husband

The brainless thing you people do is to compare evil for evil.

Things like everybody is a thief, everybody is a killer etc.

So killing ones spouse is now a competition. I condemned the 7 years given to one killer so u dnt need to refer me to any useless link to justify a Monster.

I pity the victim who will give her heart to u.
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by kodded(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2017
[s]
AntiWailer:

The brainless thing you people do is to compare evil for evil.

Things like everybody is a thief, everybody is a killer etc.

So killing ones spouse is now a competition. I condemned the 7 years given to one killer so u dnt need to refer me to any useless link to justify a Monster.

I pity the victim who will give her heart to u.
[/s]
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by VeeInsider: 8:37am On Nov 28, 2017
cc. lalasticlala mynd44 fleewpeed
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by ebujany(m): 8:45am On Nov 28, 2017
Evil man. Evil banker, evil bank
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by bluecircle470: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2017
The woman's death is painful but there seems to be some inconsistencies in the boy's statement; "My daddy slapped her, kicked her, machete her, blow her, and put otapiapia in her mouth and in the food,” Now, the woman couldn't have been eating at the same time of the fight. This seem to show some external influence on the small boy. Though there are some elements of truth but not without influence here.
Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by funlord(m): 10:49am On Nov 28, 2017
Olaoluwa "GT murder" adejo

Re: Lagos Banker Arrested For Murder After Torturing Wife With Belt And Machete by Authoreety: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
Audio of the boy singing like a canary or.....

U kno d end of d mata na

(1) (Reply)

72 Years Old, Other 456 Nigerians Languishing In Brazilian Prisons / Fulani Herdmen Killing,who Remember This Predictions / Woman Buried Alive For 11 Days Tried To Fight Her Way Out Of Her Coffin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.