Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) (46635 Views)

POS Operator Dies From Bullet Wounds Sustained During Robbery (Photos) / Policewoman, Celestina Kalu Saves The Life Of A Victim Of Robbery (Photos) / Ex-banker Arrested On Wedding Day In Lagos Over 'N1 Million Theft' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 8:04am On Jan 18, 2021
Thirty-eight-year old Moses Keffi, an ex-employee of a second generation bank, who was arrested last Thursday on the Osu/Ile-Ife Expressway for armed robbery, has said he was invited by a friend, simply identified as ‘Ibadan’, to Osun State to buy a car

Keffi was arrested by the police alongside Odeyemi Oluwafemi and Isah Lawal for hijacking at gunpoint two trucks, one of which was loaded with toiletries on January 14, 2021 around 4am.

In a chat with PUNCH Metro, Keffi, who has paraded along with two other suspects by the Osun State Commissioner of Police, Mr Wale Olokode, explained that he lost his job last year as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, adding that he had been engaged in business since then.

The ex-banker said ‘Ibadan’ had invited him from Lagos to check a vehicle he wanted him to buy in Lagere, Ile-Ife, last week Monday.

Keffi stated, “I left Lagos on Wednesday around 4pm and got to Osun State very late. When I got to Lagere, I called but ‘Ibadan’ said he was no longer in Lagere and said he would call a driver to bring me to where he was.

“After about 40 minutes, a vehicle came to pick me. ‘Ibadan’ was communicating with me with the driver’s phone. I was taken to where ‘Ibadan’ was waiting and I saw two trucks. He said I should check and choose the one I wanted to buy. But I told him I wanted to buy a car and not a truck.

“He said I should get into the truck. While that was going on, I saw police vehicles come to the scene and I fled into the bush. I was later arrested by the police.”

But Olokode, while briefing newsmen on how the suspects were arrested said, “On January 14, 2021 around 4am, a gang of robbers fully armed with guns and other weapons invaded the Osu/lle-lfe Expressway and attacked innocent motorists plying the road and hijacked at gunpoint two trucks.

“One of the trucks, an Iveco with number plate DTM 19 AX, was loaded with toiletries worth millions of naira, and one DAF 75 truck with number plate JJI 445 XT loaded with empty sacks of cocoa beans were attacked by the suspects.

“The victims were also robbed of their valuables such as mobile phones and the sum of N130,000. The JTF and police patrol team in the area were quickly alerted and they immediately swung into action and arrested the suspects.”

https://punchng.com/i-was-invited-to-buy-car-in-osun-says-ex-banker-arrested-for-robbery/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2021
I don't know what this man is trying to proof actually.

You said you lost your job last year and since that time you've started this illegal business, now you're saying your friend invited you to come and buy car.

Nigerians and lies ehhhhhh grin

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by thorpido(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2021
What were you doing late into the night negotiating the sale of a vehicle?
If indeed you were innocent,you obviously was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 8:13am On Jan 18, 2021
thorpido:
What were you doing late into the night negotiating the sale of a vehicle?
If indeed you were innocent,you obviously was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Don't mind him.
He's just trying to proof what's not even true.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 8:17am On Jan 18, 2021
YoonSung79:
Chai! Akoba
Wait!
Are you saying that he wasn't involved in the act?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by Realtord43: 8:19am On Jan 18, 2021
Fake news, southwest are not criminal

7 Likes

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 8:26am On Jan 18, 2021
Realtord43:
Fake news, southwest are not criminal
Seriously?

4 Likes

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 8:27am On Jan 18, 2021
undecided
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by nifemi25(m): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2021
You are not an armed robber still you were with them till 4 am when you were caught... Why did you ran when you saw those police?

32 Likes

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by punisha: 9:02am On Jan 18, 2021
LoveTalk:

You said you lost your job last year and since that time you've started this illegal business, now you're saying your friend invited you to come and buy car.

If only u knew the number of innocent victims languishing in Nigerian prisons.
You may be shocked to find out that he actually is saying the truth.
Rob in an area, same NPF will avoid the place whilst the robbery last, then after the robbery they will come and arrest everyone living around there...some people arrested innocently like this haven't seen their homes in 10years.
I simply don't trust NPF.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 9:03am On Jan 18, 2021
nifemi25:
You are not an armed robber still you were with them till 4 am when you were caught... Why did you ran when you saw those police?
You're just hitting the nail on the head.
Thanks jawre.
Don't mind him
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by illicit(m): 9:06am On Jan 18, 2021
He is not serious....
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2021
punisha:

If only u knew the number of innocent victims languishing in Nigerian prisons.
You may be shocked to find out that he actually is saying the truth.
Rob in an area, same NPF will avoid the place whilst the robbery last, then after the robbery they will come and arrest everyone living around there...some people arrested innocently like this haven't seen their homes in 10years.
I simply don't trust NPF.
Well, you're making sense here sha but he was aslo at that place at the wrong time nah

1 Like

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 9:21am On Jan 18, 2021
illicit:
He is not serious....
This what lalasticlala and mynd44 will say too
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by punisha: 9:22am On Jan 18, 2021
LoveTalk:

Well, you're making sense here sha but he was aslo at that place at the wrong time nah

True! Which will compound his woes if he truly is innocent.
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2021
punisha:

True! Which will compound his woes if he truly is innocent.
Truth Sir
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 9:39am On Jan 18, 2021
Where's daddy lalasticlala and mynd44?
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2021
cry
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by TANID(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2021
LoveTalk:

so that's Why You Take FTC from Your Own Thread

1 Like

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2021
TANID:
so that's Why You Take FTC from Your Own Thread
grin grin grin
Someone can't comment in peace again
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by TANID(m): 10:09am On Jan 18, 2021
LoveTalk:

grin grin grin
Someone can't comment in peace again
grin grin grin no mind me i was just try to fight for some people that like that "first to comment" on nairaland
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2021
TANID:
grin grin grin no mind me i was just try to fight for some people that like that "first to comment" on nairaland
No problem, I understand
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by DaddyRochie1642: 10:15am On Jan 18, 2021
The Face of the Third Man in that picture grin

Next time when the Devil tells him to involve in armed robbery again, he'll run Faster than Ben Johnson grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by illicit(m): 10:21am On Jan 18, 2021
LoveTalk:
This what lalasticlala and mynd44 will say too

cheesy
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by LoveTalk(f): 10:24am On Jan 18, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
The Face of the Third Man in that picture grin

Next time when the Devil tells him to involve in armed robbery again, he'll run Faster than Ben Johnson grin grin
You see am too? grin
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by kesandu94684: 11:16am On Jan 18, 2021
The Face of the Third Man in that picture Next time when the Devil tells him to involve in armed robbery again, he'll run Faster than Ben Johnson
Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by palsenator(m): 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
LoveTalk:

Don't mind him.
He's just trying to proof what's not even true.

Bro don't rush into conclusion. Fate sometimes isn't fair and I pray you don't witness the cruel side of fate. The report didn't even say that other members mentioned him as a part of the team. And he also could be but still investigation will show the truth, their call logs and when they started communicating will go a long way.

Though it will take grace to exonerate him , but don't jump to the conclusion that he is a member of the gang. Let's pray that fate to put us in the wrong place.

9 Likes

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by NORSIYK(m): 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
He has made a terrible mistake.
Obviously he knew that the Ibadan guy was into illegal business and wanted to buy a cheaper vehicle from him.
He might be innocent but his intentions weren't

3 Likes

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by emmabest2000(m): 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
They always have some stupid excuses to give whenever they are caught

1 Share

Re: I Was Invited To Buy Car In Osun - Ex-Banker Arrested For Robbery (Photos) by Helpfromabove1(m): 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
This him story get k -leg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) / How A Guy Was Almost Kidnapped This Morning For Rituals / Doctor Owen Edo-Ojo Stabbed & Shot By A Drunk Navy Officer In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.