Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities (3244 Views)

Buy Hybrid Water Melon And Cucumber Seeds For Sale In Nigeria / Get Your Murano 2 F1 Hybrid Cucumber Seed / My New Cucumber Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2017
cucumber happens to be a favorable cash crop for planting.
According to statistic, Cucumbers are the 8th most grown vegetable crops around the world; right after Maize, Sugar Beet, Cassava, Tomatoes, Water Melons, Sweet Potatoes, and Dry Onions.

What Is Cucumber Farming all About?

Cucumber farming is the cultivation of the Cucumber vegetable crop for consumption and industrial use. Cucumbers, also known as Cucumis sativus, is a creeping vine that sprouts cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. They are also scientifically considered as a fruit since they contain enclosed seeds and develop from a flower.The first step to planting cucumbers is to acquire a rich farmland. The soil on this land should preferably be sandy-loam and drained, as Cucumbers will usually be planted in raised beds of around 6 inches high. The soil should also have a good amount of organic matter in it, especially manure, as these will give the plants the nutrients they require.

The farmland should also be well exposed to sunlight, as Cucumbers require enough warmth to grow right.
this is the time to invest.
on an acre of land you are sure to get 250 to 300 bags , and a bag is 3500 , multiply this by 300 bags you would have 1,050,000 million naira and your investment capital is 300 thousand naira. there is no white collar job that will give you this in less than two months. this has been tried and tested and theres assurance. with us at evergreen farm managers we have a specie that you will harvest in less than 40 days.
you can contact us for seeds if may be you already have a land with which you want to plant your crop.
you can contact us for land lease or land purchase.
you can also contact us for your farm management as you might not have the time to do all the work.
you can also contact us for marketing of your farm produce.
contact us for organic fertilizer , ours is affordable.
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by eminikansoso(m): 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
fgher333:
According to statistic, Cucumbers are the 8th most grown vegetable crops around the world; right after Maize, Sugar Beet, Cassava, Tomatoes, Water Melons, Sweet Potatoes, and Dry Onions.

Cucumber farming is the cultivation of the Cucumber vegetable crop for consumption and industrial use. Cucumbers, also known as Cucumis sativus, is a creeping vine that sprouts cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. They are also scientifically considered as a fruit since they contain enclosed seeds and develop from a flower.The first step to planting cucumbers is to acquire a rich farmland. The soil on this land should preferably be sandy-loam and drained, as Cucumbers will usually be planted in raised beds of around 6 inches high. The soil should also have a good amount of organic matter in it, especially manure, as these will give the plants the nutrients they require.

The farmland should also be well exposed to sunlight, as Cucumbers require enough warmth to grow right.
on an acre of land you are sure to get 250 to 300 bags , and a bag is 3500 , multiply this by 300 bags you would have 1,050,000 million naira and your investment capital is 300 thousand naira. there is no white collar job that will give you this in less than two months. this has been tried and tested and theres assurance. with us at evergreen farm managers we have a specie that you will harvest in less than 40 days.
you can contact us for seeds if may be you already have a land with which you want to plant your crop.
you can also contact us for your farm management as you might not have the time to do all the work.
this your PROFIT MARGIN can only be achieved under the INTEGRATED GREEN HOUSE FARM.
OP be realistic here
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
i am very realistic with what i say here, we have a farm land that clients can put their investment on , well irrigated farm, just email me and we discuss.... no worries. you are guaranteed the best on your investment.
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Fayobless: 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
Where is your location? But let be sincere, how can someone make a profit of #750000 in just two months? . To me if i could make #250000 i'm OK. let's know your location and how to go about it.
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by eminikansoso(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
fgher333:
i am very realistic with what i say here, we have a farm land that clients can put their investment on , well irrigated farm, just email me and we discuss.... no worries. you are guaranteed the best on your investment.
show us the pictures of your farm.
one acre of cucumber farm will generate 750k
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Ademat7(m): 12:27am On Nov 29, 2017
While OP is right in expected revenue he didn't differentiate it from profit.
Transport cost from farm to market?
10% Agent commission @market?
Post harvest losses?
On-field losses?

Give me a water-logged land in dry season and I might change your financial status with vegetable and cucumber.
Teaching presently but heart want to manage my farm(B.Agric from FUNAAB)
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 29, 2017
fgher333:

this is the time to invest. On an acre of land you are sure to get 250 to 300 bags , and a bag is 3500 , multiply this by 300 bags you would have 1,050,000 million naira and your investment capital is 300 thousand naira. there is no white collar job that will give you this in less than two months. this has been tried and [s] tested and theres assurance. with us at evergreen farm managers we have a specie that you will harvest in less than 40 days. [/s]
While OP is absolutely right about the number of bags which can be made on just one acre open field farming when done properly, OP should have put some criteria there. Irrigation is necessary. But how can you survive irrigating one acre cucumber with hose two times daily for 2.5 months to 3 months? Even you have workers, you will over work them.

You need staking too to get high yield. Before you finish staking one acre of 8,000 - 15,000 plants, you also will "hear it well well" as your back will ask for tramadol if you are not careful. So, there are strict rules to achieve this. I have a partner who made about 1,000 bags on just one acre. So, it is very very very, I mean very possible. In addition, OP made a very realistic pricing. I think it is only in local markets where cucumbers are not sold for reasonable prices one will find a bag for N3,000 presently. The average price now is N4,000 and if your products are good, you get an average price of N5,000 using mile 12 market in Lagos as the standard open market pricing here. And it may shoot up in this December. Listen, the price of vegetables is shooting up and not coming down. As at three years ago, one bag of cucumber was around N1,500 during this period.

So, you will never hear me mention piggery, poultry, fishery, etc. Lol. These ones are for mixed farming for me. I can only do them if I need their droppings for organic farming. Who has time for "long thing" farming? Lol. Definitely not me. Never!

Ademat7:
Transport from farm to market?
Agent fee @market?
Post harvest losses?
On-field losses?

Give me a water-logged land in dry season and I might change your financial status with vegetable and cucumber.
Sharp man! However, destiny can be changed negatively too bros. This is the most delicate farming. However, there are still ways to manage risk in which only a professional can give you.

Also, having greenhouse at times "makes sense" for a busy person. But I have noticed that most people want to invest one naira to reap N10,000. As an investor, you cannot visit the farm regularly, and you employ someone, does it not make sense to grow vertically on a smaller portion so you eradicate paying huge salaries, and avoid dealing with more crazy workers? And maybe install modern camera you can view at home or in your office to monitor activities on your farm? You can install automatic systems too, and when you terminate your worker's contract you can still control your irrigation system from your homes or offices before you get another worker on your farm? So, no loss at all and you are not scared of sending away any useless worker. And thereby make consistent sales. Profit will definitely come gradually. But tell them to spend N6 million naira for a small scale farming and have rest of mind, they "pick race" sharp sharp, but they want super profit with rest of mind. Tell them to attend quality training and they tear off. Anyway, my source of income is not from training. And I have trained many people free of charge but I noticed that anything free is not appreciated. So, I stopped it. You want to train under me, be ready to pay really well. That is it. When you know the amount you pay for training, you will sit tight. I will never advertise training, or come purchase this and that from me. Never.

My guess is that nairaland targeted audience is over 99% jobless, and struggling ones. My apology if I am wrong but this is what it looks to me. How will serious investors be here when the right checks are still not in place? Anyway, we thank the leaders for at least responding small small. Lol.

But one thing is that to make it in Agriculture in Nigeria, you must expand your network. Partnerships are necessary. Joint ventures are tools we should use but they are not working well. Cooperative associations are made for such but most people there are spoilers. So, using associations to me is a waste of time too. Which way forward my Nigerian people? grin

Investors want farm managers to use hose and mud pump to irrigate. They want to install well water and even ask the manager and workers to be fetching water from it with watering cans, and they want super high profit grin. Sure, you over worked those workers the first time and they got you some reasonable profit. Why can't you invest that profit in making life easy for your boys on the farm. Get them drip irrigation with fertigation. But no. The owners and investors want to continue using the boys like animals. And it is cucumber they will tell their workers to do ooo, not even watermelon or other simpler vegetables. Honeslty, Nigerians are something else.

At the same time, you find a serious investor. Yeeee. This is the ATM of the manager ooo. Seriously, we need deliverance in this country.

Which way forward? Any country or business that doesn't have access to fund is already a dead one. It is not wrong to ask for investments in businesses but there are too many scams. Most of these people do not know about the business. Also, it is not wrong to ask for joint ventures. Asians built their agriculture with collaborations. Farmers work in groups. So, what the heck is wrong with us in Nigeria? Is Nigeria totallly cursed? The person who cursed Nigeria will not also rest in peace. grin

OP, I am not saying you are a scam. In fact, your projection is good; however, you will need to do more by telling your readers the requirements in details here. And also to give the final profit after removing all expenses like the poster above has just hinted your readers. Also, you should be careful with those hybrid seeds around. Though, they promise you harvest in 35 days, experienced farmers always want to delay harvesting so that the plants can mature fully well before harvesting.

But really, I think you are just encouraging your readers to cultivate cucumber because of high ROI. And you can supply them all the materials needed. Please, do not forget to let them know that the toughest is managing farm workers as they are the most terrible pests on the farm grin

Bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 29, 2017
thank you all and a good day to all of you, now as professionals that we are we can handle all of your concerns , just contact us via email and we can discuss on how you are going to achieve this rightly putting all that needs to be put into consideration.
Thank you.
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by invinzible1: 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
fgher333:

drop ur mail plz
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by invinzible1: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ademat7:
Transport cost from farm to market?
10% Agent commission @market?
Post harvest losses?
On-field losses?

send your cv to admin@armi.com.ng apply as farm supervisor with your knowledge in veggies cucumber to be precise. be fast about it cuz some hv already done first interview
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Ademat7(m): 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
invinzible1:

send your cv to admin@armi.com.ng apply as farm supervisor with your knowledge in veggies cucumber to be precise. be fast about it cuz some hv already done first interview
Where is the location of the farm and the renumeration if you don't mind stating it here.
Thanks for your concern
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
invinzible1:

drop ur mail plz
newlifebiz333@gmail.com
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Osekenchi: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2017
osejindu@gmail.com
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by gold333: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
please drop your number as i have sent you a mail and you have not responded sir. will love to call you so we can talk.
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Alfrediolu: 9:19am On Dec 01, 2017
fluentinfor:

While OP is absolutely right about the number of bags which can be made on just one acre open field farming when done properly, OP should have put some criteria there. Irrigation is necessary. But how can you survive irrigating one acre cucumber with hose two times daily for 2.5 months to 3 months? Even you have workers, you will over work them.

You need staking too to get high yield. Before you finish staking one acre of 8,000 - 15,000 plants, you also will "hear it well well" as your back will ask for tramadol if you are not careful. So, there are strict rules to achieve this. I have a partner who made about 1,000 bags on just one acre. So, it is very very very, I mean very possible. In addition, OP made a very realistic pricing. I think it is only in local markets where cucumbers are not sold for reasonable prices one will find a bag for N3,000 presently. The average price now is N4,000 and if your products are good, you get an average price of N5,000 using mile 12 market in Lagos as the standard open market pricing here. And it may shoot up in this December. Listen, the price of vegetables is shooting up and not coming down. As at three years ago, one bag of cucumber was around N1,500 during this period.

So, you will never hear me mention piggery, poultry, fishery, etc. Lol. These ones are for mixed farming for me. I can only do them if I need their droppings for organic farming. Who has time for "long thing" farming? Lol. Definitely not me. Never!

Sharp man! However, destiny can be changed negatively too bros. This is the most delicate farming. However, there are still ways to manage risk in which only a professional can give you.

Also, having greenhouse at times "makes sense" for a busy person. But I have noticed that most people want to invest one naira to reap N10,000. As an investor, you cannot visit the farm regularly, and you employ someone, does it not make sense to grow vertically on a smaller portion so you eradicate paying huge salaries, and avoid dealing with more crazy workers? And maybe install modern camera you can view at home or in your office to monitor activities on your farm? You can install automatic systems too, and when you terminate your worker's contract you can still control your irrigation system from your homes or offices before you get another worker on your farm? So, no loss at all and you are not scared of sending away any useless worker. And thereby make consistent sales. Profit will definitely come gradually. But tell them to spend N6 million naira for a small scale farming and have rest of mind, they "pick race" sharp sharp, but they want super profit with rest of mind. Tell them to attend quality training and they tear off. Anyway, my source of income is not from training. And I have trained many people free of charge but I noticed that anything free is not appreciated. So, I stopped it. You want to train under me, be ready to pay really well. That is it. When you know the amount you pay for training, you will sit tight. I will never advertise training, or come purchase this and that from me. Never.

My guess is that nairaland targeted audience is over 99% jobless, and struggling ones. My apology if I am wrong but this is what it looks to me. How will serious investors be here when the right checks are still not in place? Anyway, we thank the leaders for at least responding small small. Lol.

But one thing is that to make it in Agriculture in Nigeria, you must expand your network. Partnerships are necessary. Joint ventures are tools we should use but they are not working well. Cooperative associations are made for such but most people there are spoilers. So, using associations to me is a waste of time too. Which way forward my Nigerian people? grin

Investors want farm managers to use hose and mud pump to irrigate. They want to install well water and even ask the manager and workers to be fetching water from it with watering cans, and they want super high profit grin. Sure, you over worked those workers the first time and they got you some reasonable profit. Why can't you invest that profit in making life easy for your boys on the farm. Get them drip irrigation with fertigation. But no. The owners and investors want to continue using the boys like animals. And it is cucumber they will tell their workers to do ooo, not even watermelon or other simpler vegetables. Honeslty, Nigerians are something else.

At the same time, you find a serious investor. Yeeee. This is the ATM of the manager ooo. Seriously, we need deliverance in this country.

Which way forward? Any country or business that doesn't have access to fund is already a dead one. It is not wrong to ask for investments in businesses but there are too many scams. Most of these people do not know about the business. Also, it is not wrong to ask for joint ventures. Asians built their agriculture with collaborations. Farmers work in groups. So, what the heck is wrong with us in Nigeria? Is Nigeria totallly cursed? The person who cursed Nigeria will not also rest in peace. grin

OP, I am not saying you are a scam. In fact, your projection is good; however, you will need to do more by telling your readers the requirements in details here. And also to give the final profit after removing all expenses like the poster above has just hinted your readers. Also, you should be careful with those hybrid seeds around. Though, they promise you harvest in 35 days, experienced farmers always want to delay harvesting so that the plants can mature fully well before harvesting.

But really, I think you are just encouraging your readers to cultivate cucumber because of high ROI. And you can supply them all the materials needed. Please, do not forget to let them know that the toughest is managing farm workers as they are the most terrible pests on the farm grin

Bless you.

Your email and/or phone number pls, would like to contact you!
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Fayobless: 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
Your location pls?
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by invinzible1: 7:42am On Dec 11, 2017
Ademat7:

Where is the location of the farm and the renumeration if you don't mind stating it here.
Thanks for your concern

sorry I mind
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by invinzible1: 7:44am On Dec 11, 2017
fgher333:

newlifebiz333@gmail.com
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Ademat7(m): 9:30am On Dec 11, 2017
alright,have a nice day
invinzible1:

sorry I mind
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Fayobless: 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
@fgher333. you don't even check your post for update neither your email, I've sent you two mails which you've not responded to also on this forum you don't give your contact and location. Maybe you cannot defend what you've posted here, sorry to say that!

1 Like

Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by promzzy03: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
Has we end this years farming season, why not get engaged with something more productive.
Its CUCUMBER FARMING. With just 6 weeks to harvest u make twice the amount invested (and even more).
Hook up with me to learn this trade and smile come 2018.
Call: 07069329725
Whatsapp: 08072202352
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by tomdon(m): 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
fgher333:

Contact you how nau
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Paulordiah(m): 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
it is possible to make 200-250bags from acre of land but I am sure if the cost of setting up is that low, again if you are Lucky not to have Downey MAYDEW, your workers don't steal, prices remain high, pollinators don't rum away from your farm because of your insecticide spray, you can make that no of bags, the selling prices and cost of starting and operating is not fixed,
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by freshpzy1(m): 7:21am On Dec 29, 2017
abeg oooooo this cucumber thing is sounding really interesting
pls the op and every one who can send me info abiye250@gmail.com

my oga from funaab I need ur help too ooo
am tired of depending on the government I promised my self i will never look 4.job after.sch
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by hybridveggies(m): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2017
Read all you need to cultivate cucumber and upgrade your professional skills http://www.hybridveggies.com/2017/03/cucumber-cultivation-dictionary-part-1.html#more
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by bolajogs(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2017
I am very interested in this cucumber farming but I need more i formation like cost of production from land preparation to sales.I have 3 plots and I want to use it for cucumber farming. I will appreciate any expert in the house that can help me on this . Thanks in anticipation.My Whatsapp is 08056986860 and my email is bolajogs@gmail.com.
Re: Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
tomdon:

Contact you how nau

(1) (Reply)

Coconut Milk Grinding Machine For Sale / Oil Palm Seedling( Dwarf Tenera) For Sale with picture / Finding Your Own Niche In Agriculture!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.