Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,725 members, 7,862,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 (23869 Views)

5 Reasons Buhari May Have Omitted Obasanjo’s Name In Train Station Honour Role / 2019 Presidency: Saraki Gives Reasons Buhari Should Be Removed / 'our Mumu Don Do': Nigerian Soldier Talks About 2019 Election In Trending Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by OFFICIAL336: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
spartacus11:

U are a liar and i will expose part of ur lies
SW statws APC won 5

OSUN 383,603 votes
OYO. 528,620 votes
OGUN. 308,290 votes
ONDO 299,889 votes
LAGOS. 792, 460 votes
Ekiti 120,331 votes
--------------------------------------------------------
Total = 2,433,193

SW gave PMB 2 million plus votes

Believe dis liar at ur oue peril
How many did Jonathan get?
Then subtract Jonathan's from Buhari's votes. The difference is what we call marginal (or net) votes.
It is about 500000 votes while Anambra cancelled that with over 600000 votes to Jonathan.
Thank me for contributing to your education.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
Bede2u:
what if we help atiku coalition defeat buhari in 2019. After atiku, igbo presidency?

Meanwhile gwa m onye obodo i bu na-ala igbo

If SE don't need the presidency come 2023 other South state needs it, even if na North Centra self

We can't give core North 12 years of rule if Atiku will dat will be 4 years PMB 8 years Atiku

So SW/Edo/imo/North Central won't let u people in SE/SS spoil our chance
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by OFFICIAL336: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
spartacus11:

Bcus ur hatred for APC makes u people refuse to build strong base for APC in SS/SE if not how can u people be scared dat Tinubu will sweet d ticket to himself

U people should learn politics una nor gree

If u want to challenge Tinubu simply build a strong APC base in your respective states that is all it takes
Learn politics? Lol
SE has been smacking SW politically since God knows when.
2015 was their first time of getting it right, thanks to a heavily manipulated election.
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
NwaliE01:
The 6 points listed here are pointless. We the masses are tired of APC.

U mean d people dat voted for gej are tired of PMB
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
BafanaBafana:

Bindow was a senator under the APC before he became governor. Atiku's exit from apc now gives Bindow full control of the party in the state. Here in Adamawa, Atiku is now a laughing stock.

Leave dat nigga dat is full of lies
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
YaxxVille:
So u ar literally saying buhari no get chance witout tinubu

Yes na, and we like it like dat
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kennydoc:

It's not likely a new political heavyweight from the north will want to struggle for power in 2023 after the north has had it for 8 years and is going for the 3rd round, so there won't likely be a strong opposition from the north.
If that is the case, why is there significant opposition from a political heavyweight from the North (Atiku), now that the North wants to complete its turn?
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by Bede2u(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
spartacus11:

If SE don't need the presidency come 2023 other South state needs it, even if na North Centra self

We can't give core North 12 years of rule if Atiku will dat will be 4 years PMB 8 years Atiku

So SW/Edo/imo/North Central won't let u people in SE/SS spoil our chance
so its not about good leadership? undecided
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
igbodefender:
Which Igbo do you think can do the post justice? Bring him forward, let us consider him, and if he is the best, let us vote for him in 2023.

An igbo man with major industry, bcus we need to industrialized dis country dat is how many jobs will he created

someone who has d know how of setting up industry's, which should be driven by private entities not government
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by Kennydoc(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
igbodefender:
If that is the case, why is there significant opposition from a political heavyweight from the North (Atiku), now that the North wants to complete its turn?

First, EVERYBODY is tired of Buhari's government, but the north has done only 4 years. If Buhari does another 4 years after 2019, will Nigeria survive? It's still early to liberate Nigeria from his hands, and it has to be a northerner.

Secondly, northerners feel grieved that out of the 18 years of democracy thus far, they have only done 4 years while the south has done almost 14 years. By 2019, it will be 6 years for the north and 14 years for the south. You see why they may want to do another 8 years by 2019 so that they will equal the years of southern rule, then the cycle can start afresh from the south.
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by DeRay98(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2017
igbodefender:

Nothing is 100 percent certain in politics, but you have to try. If Buhari is reelected, in 2023, the Igbo would have a bargaining chip that cannot be easily swept off the carpet, in that Igbo would be the only group that has not produced president in 4th Republic.

Yoruba have produced; Niger Delta have produced; the North would have completed Yar Ardua's truncated tenure. It would then be difficult not to give it to the Igbo in 2023.

If we don't play our cards right, by 2040, we may still be talking about Igbo Presidency, without much bargaining chips.

Let Oha

Bingoooo!
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
beatmonster:

I really weep when I see you comments and posts here. We live in a world where serious nations are talking about robotics (artificial intelligence), Fintech (digital currencies), Hypeerloop (fast transportation) space tourism, renewable energies but you check the news here and you see headline like "Buhari orders Governors to pay salaries".

If you think an Igbo president will change anything, then you are very myopic and tell people to vote in Buhari in 2019 after fulfilling non of his campaign promises is an insult to our collective intelligence.

What we need is restructuring. let each region pursue its own future. we are running short of time.

Which campaign promise did pdp fulfill in 16 years in power

After 16 years where did dey drop us, were we better than wen d military was in control

Oga go sit down

Same pdp u people want to bring back
Tufia kwa
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by beatmonster(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
spartacus11:

Which campaign promise did pdp fulfill in 16 years in power

After 16 years where did dey drop us, were we better than wen d military was in control

Oga go sit down

Same pdp u people want to bring back
Tufia kwa

You are an idiot with no brain. So you didn't see where I called for restructuring and each region pursuing their own future? Point out where I called for bringing PDP back in my post.
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
DeRay98:
[/b] Bingoooo!
Let me join you by shouting 'Eureka!' We can get there if we try.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
omohayek:

How exactly did GEJ "carry Igbos along"? By promising a Second River Niger bridge he never delivered? By allowing Stella Oduah to "upgrade" Enugu airport to "international" status without providing it facilities against flooding? Or do you mean by allowing all the federal roads in the SE to continue to deteriorate without maintenance? Perhaps you're referring to the SE ports he did nothing to improve? Can you name any concrete measures whatsoever by GEJ that benefited more than a few top Igbo politicians?

If what you really mean is "carried Igbo elites along", then come out and say so, because GEJ certainly didn't do anything for the masses in any part of the country, not even in his own hometown, let alone in the SE. That's what all this talk of "zoning" and "our son" really comes down to, small elite cliques and their hangers-on waiting for their own turn to steal oil-money, not about broad-based development that will give their masses well-paid private-sector jobs, good roads, less crime, better healthcare or improved schools.

I have nothing to say, but i just wanted to quote this

You're spot on
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Bede2u:
mediocre platforms.
Linda ikeji blog gets more traffic than nairaland. Check alexa

Kikikikiki, hiw many people are making money or doing business on Linda's blog

Go to Technology, Business, Phone amd see the amount of people making money here on Nairaland

Can u say same for lindas blog?

Nairaland is d highest online platform in Nigeria if not west Africa self or even Africa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by Reference(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
igbodefender:
A vote for Buhari in 2019 is a vote for Igbo Presidency in 2023. Igbo Presidency will bring many benefits to Nigeria, and a sense of belonging to Igbos.

With all your 'Tinubanlaysis' what makes you think Tinubu won't run for President himself since you say the 'party machinery' will be handed over to him. What makes you think the Igbo presidency is a possibility under the APC when the east is the defacto stronghold of present day political opposition, it is dominated by opposition parties and will not vote APC in any way, shape or form. Even the north will be scared sh.itless to 'give' the east the captain's bridge so soon after the secession battles...
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kennydoc:

If Igbos vote Atiku and he wins in 2019, even if the North rules till 2027 and power shifts back to the south, which zone in the south will have a better bargaining power by then?
The argument for Igbos then will be that under PDP, both south south and south west have tasted presidency. Let the south east have it.

As for APC, the argument will be totally different. Tinubu will remind you in 2023 that he was the one that made APC come into power, even when all Igbos voted against it. Buhari will likely promise to hand over presidency to him (and the Yorubas) just to get Tinubu's support in 2019. Also, do you think Osinbajo won't want to taste presidency after 8 years as VP, or you think Tinubu will so easily relinquish control at the central government to undeserving Igbos? Igbo presidency will mean vice presidency for the north, and the best Yorubas can get is senate presidency.

In essence, if Buhari completes his term in 2023 (that's if he wins in 2019), power will definitely shift back to the south west under APC. That I am 100% sure of.

If all u said happens who do you have to blame

APC or SE
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
Reference:

With all your 'Tinubanlaysis' what makes you think Tinubu won't run for President himself since you say the 'party machinery' will be handed over to him. What makes you think the Igbo presidency is a possibility under the APC when the east is the defacto stronghold of present day political opposition, it is dominated by opposition parties and will not vote APC in any way, shape or form. Even the north will be scared sh.itless to 'give' the east the captain's bridge so soon after the secession battles...
For your answer, kindly study page 1, as this issue was trashed out there.
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
Bede2u:
Actually the international airport enugu by gej hasnt been opened. It is about 80% complete b4 2015. Wrked stopped there after 2015. So u should knw wat u see i the media is the refurbished local wing.

The Enugu-abakaliki-calabar road was by gej.

The refurbishing of enugu-ph rail line and commencement of train service.

The location of federal road safety main training school in enugu.

The refurbishing of unn and unec

I voted buhari but i have come to see that even tho he is not performing, yorubas refuse to drop him cos of osinbajo. The hypocrisy is gradually making my loath the west who i once took as brothers.

So for 16 years or 6 yeaes under pdp/gej thats all u people in SE got, pdp and uncompleted project are 5&6

And u people are saying PMB is killing Nigeria

Me I'm not understanding

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by rajiraymond(m): 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
omohayek:

And what exactly are you expecting this "Igbo man" to then do that no Hausa, Yoruba or Ijaw man has done for his people? Would you be happy for Okorocha or TA Orji to be that Igbo man, since apparently that's the only qualification you care about? The shallowness of most of the "reasoning" on this forum is depressing!

I would like to clear this straight away, I am a Yoruba man not an Igbo man and I must tell you the fact that, no single reason that would make Igbo presidency not to realised in 2023.

Forget about who would rule, when the time comes we would know who is who.

Mind you, I would even be happy if PDP can present someone from SE as 2019 presidential candidate since you don't like the Igbo men in APC.

Try to reason well, Nigeria is comprised of Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo even before Ijaw or whatever.

Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by Bede2u(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
spartacus11:

Kikikikiki, hiw many people are making money or doing business on Linda's blog

Go to Technology, Business, Phone amd see the amount of people making money here on Nairaland

Can u say same for lindas blog?

Nairaland is d highest online platform in Nigeria if not west Africa self or even Africa
actually vanguard.com gets the same traffic as nairaland
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

It is just a pity you don't know what 'marginal' means. Another evidence of APC's failed educational policy another reason we are Atikulating in 2019.

Oga marginal how did it translate to 500k for SW and 600k for only Anambra

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Some times I laugh at our so-called political analysts.

One thing they don't know is that Ndi Igbo has so permeated the SW that Anambra alone can cancel the entire SW's marginal votes to any candidate.

One thing they don't know again is that in 2011, election turn out in SS and SE was 67% but in 2015, turn out was 56% and 37% respectively. Faulty card reader was blamed for this. If SS and SE were fully mobilized to 67% in 2015, Jonathan would have won by 500000 votes though with lesser number of states.

Atiku and Buhari understand this. If SE and SS fully mobilize for 2019 election, then Atiku will beat APC.

Igbos are spread heavily in all parts of the country. There are about 11 million of them in the North alone. This makes Ndi Igbo possess high electoral value than any region in the South.

Real politicians understand this.

Oga marginal igbo in North 11 million and una dey cry marginalisation

And islamization have d north Islamized d 11 million igbo in d north

It seens it is d igbos dat have be marginalizing other tribes, and also igbonizing the entire country

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kennydoc:

Loses to who in 2023? It's not likely a new political heavyweight from the north will want to struggle for power in 2023 after the north has had it for 8 years and is going for the 3rd round, so there won't likely be a strong opposition from the north. Any strong opposition in 2023 will be from the south west or less likely south south, and you can be sure it won't sail thru when the north and south east are supporting him in 2023.
If Atiku wins in 2019, he will most definitely win again in 2023. He can never be as terrible, bigoted, ethnocentric and divisive as Buhari.
I'm not campaigning for Atiku though.
Only in ur dreams, and u think many of us have forgotten d wasted 16 yeaes of pdp

What was the state of our infrastructure pdp handed over to APC after 16 years in power

Compared to other developed Africa countries like Morocco and South Africa in d same 16 years gap, can u tell us what pdp did for Nigeria and what was d state of the list below dey left

ROAD
EDUCATION
HEALTH CARE
SECURITY
FOREIGN RESERVE
TRANSPORTATION
ELECTION

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by Kennydoc(m): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
spartacus11:

Only in ur dreams, and u think many of us have forgotten d wasted 16 yeaes of pdp

What was the state of our infrastructure pdp handed over to APC after 16 years in power

Compared to other developed Africa countries like Morocco and South Africa in d same 16 years gap, can u tell us what pdp did for Nigeria and what was d state of the list below dey left

ROAD
EDUCATION
HEALTH CARE
SECURITY
FOREIGN RESERVE
TRANSPORTATION
ELECTION

Bro, don't make it about PDP now. The ills of the 16 years is a reflection of the extent of our degradation as a country and as a people. Nigeria wasn't worse in those 16 years than in the preceding 20 years.
Apart from that, there were state governments which weren't PDP within the same time period but they weren't better. Borno for example has never had a PDP government. Even some of the states that have been in opposition for upwards of 8 years are in worse situation than their PDP counterparts. Osun, Nasarawa etc are real examples.
That said, APC has shown us clearly that they have nothing to offer, so why are you harping on PDP?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

How many did Jonathan get?
Then subtract Jonathan's from Buhari's votes. The difference is what we call marginal (or net) votes.
It is about 500000 votes while Anambra cancelled that with over 600000 votes to Jonathan.
Thank me for contributing to your education.

Oga u are even fooling urself, educationally u are wrong

“marginal” are especially common in economics and Election calculation is not economics, so go learn the right mathematical term u should have use

(difference )

Election is not economics that is how u people fail in school
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Learn politics? Lol
SE has been smacking SW politically since God knows when.
2015 was their first time of getting it right, thanks to a heavily manipulated election.

So pdp manipulated d election, election ur gej postponed bcus it was evident he was going to loss woefully, and after postponing d propaganda against PMB was totally hatch

Go learn politics
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
Bede2u:
so its not about good leadership? undecided
So Atiku signify good leadership?

We don hear am b4 and we knew how it end gej comes to mind
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
beatmonster:

You are an idiot with no brain. So you didn't see where I called for restructuring and each region pursuing their own future? Point out where I called for bringing PDP back in my post.

Restructuring with Atiku ba, and under which platform is Atiku contesting olodo
Re: 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 by spartacus11(m): 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
Reference:

Count ur loss if u can't change dat, hiw is it d headache of SW or Nortg

U choice ur call, whatever comes out of it u enjoy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Reacts To Amnesty Report Of Army Killing 17 IPOB/MASSOB Youths / Photo Of Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, The Newly Appointed DG Of NIA / Pick Your Successor, Bakare Urges Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.