Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,799 members, 7,862,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” (512 Views)

Nigerian Government Has Paid N325Million To Whistle Blowers - EFCC / EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul / How CBN Gave NIA The N13 Billion Uncovered In Ikoyi, Lagos, Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by Ebullience(m): 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
Agency Report

The federal government on Tuesday reiterated its commitment to reward and protect whistle-blowers who provided information that led to recovery of stolen funds or assets.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this during a visit to the head office of Leadership newspaper in Abuja.

Mr. Mohammed, who was responding to a question on the stash of money recovered from an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos, said the whistle blower would get the due reward.

He clarified the compensation modality as contained in the framework, saying any whistle-blower whose information led to recovery of up to N1 billion would receive five per cent of the amount.

He said the reward for any amount between N1 billion and N5 billion was five per cent for the first N1 billion and four per cent of the remaining N4 billion.

The minister added that any amount above N5 billion would attract 2.5 per cent reward.

Mr. Mohammed noted that the policy of government was to keep the identity of whistle blowers secret.

He described as unfortunate the situation where more than one person came out as whistle blowers for the Ikoyi recovery.

He disclosed that the federal government had come up with comprehensive strategy to tackle violent extremism across the country.

He said the strategy was contained in a document entitled “Policy Framework and National Action Plan for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism” launched by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Mr. Mohammed said the document was developed after consultations with agencies of government, civil society organisations, the media and academia, as well as the international community.

He also spoke on the various policies and programmes of government at revamping the economy, building infrastructure and creating jobs.

On the fight against corruption, Mr. Mohammed said government was winning the war having succeeded in driving the menace under the table.

He hailed Leadership newspaper for carrying out its duties professionally.

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/250939-ikoyi-n13-billion-nigerian-govt-laments-emergence-whistle-blowers.html/amp

Re: Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by Pierohandsome: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
Nothing good works in Nigeria,. Any good initiative , evil persons must destabilise it with greed and coveteousness. The main people that labour dnt benefit it because evil minded persons wil hijack the reward
Re: Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2017
It is finished.
Re: Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
Which kind "more whistle blowers"? Who was the first person to have contacted you and given authentic information on the money chikenan!

Is it that hard?
Re: Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by jesse8048(m): 5:47am On Nov 29, 2017
More whistle blowers, how does this sound to these foolish APC People. Well one thing with foolish people I they think everyone around them is foolish too.
Re: Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by dunkem21(m): 6:09am On Nov 29, 2017
jesse8048:
More whistle blowers, how does this sound to these foolish APC People. Well one thing with foolish people I they think everyone around them is foolish too.

They are not foolish.. They just don't care about your opinion and feelings.

See how they are insulting our sensibilities?
Re: Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by Flyingngel(m): 6:59am On Nov 29, 2017
This government is as useless as a used sanitary pad. They are the one bringing up all this people to contest for this money so that they will not pay the original whistle blower.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by NextGovernor(m): 7:59am On Nov 29, 2017
So they don't know the person that contacted them again?

When ransom was placed on one criminal in Benin, someone I know revealed the activities and whereabout of the criminal. Time for them to pay the guy him ransom story change. Police threatened him they will reveal his identity so he will be prey for easy attack from family and friends. At last most people knew he was the one who reported to police and he has to be flown out by relatives for his own safety. I just lost hope in Nigeria system since then.

Though I wouldnt wanna involve myself in any bad deal but I rather get a share from the money with the person involve than report to useless government that will still re-loot the money.
Re: Ikoyi N13 Billion: Nigerian Govt. Laments Emergence Of More “whistle-blowers” by denko(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2017
This government is a definition of fraud

(1) (Reply)

I’m The Best To Succeed Ajimobi – Deputy Gov / Who Will Win In 2019 / Troubles For PDP As Adedoja Calls For Nullification Of Convention :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.