Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On (4389 Views)

Gulder Ultimate Search The Mission 2014 (live Update) / Rihanna Goes SEMI-NUD€ In PARIS As She Turn On The HEAT (photos +18) / A Thread For Gulder Ultimate Search (the 10th Symbol) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by Ayemokhia: 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2010
With the unveiling of celebrity contestants at the debut of Gulder Ultimate Search: Celebrity Showdown on national television, the race has begun in earnest for the ultimate celebrity in Nigeria.

The first-of-its-kind celebrity reality show saw many of the celebrities, in the spirit of sportsmanship, engaging one another in a war of words to show their level of confidence and preparedness at winning the coveted prize.

Nollywood actress Chioma Chukwuka is not left out in the race. Renowned for her emotional roles in most movies, she, however, warned her colleagues in the house not to judge her performance in the show based purely on her emotional outlook.

“I could be a very emotional person when acting out my role in a film. Though that may be rightly said to be part of me, in real life, but, let me add that anybody who thinks that I am going to be a ‘weeping girl’ in the house, will be doing that at his or her own peril,” she said.

Though some may dismiss her talk as empty boast, her fans believe that she would really go far in the show judging by her outstanding records as one of the leading Nollywood actresses.

Muma Gee, another contestant is also talking tough, making a case for her fellow female contestants. She said people should not just ascribe strength to men alone.

“Women too have their own strength in their own way,” Muma Gee stressed. “People should not just rule female contestants out, after all, it is said that what a man can do, women can do even better.”

Speaking on the ultimate show, Yusuf Ageni, Corporate Affairs Adviser, Nigerian Breweries Plc said that the brewing giant will continue giving Nigerian television viewers interesting programmes laced with international formats.

The GUS celebrity showdown, he added, will keep viewers in Nigeria and around the world glued to their TVs for the 11 weeks that it will run on the screen.

The 10 celebrities contesting to emerge the ultimate celebrity in the maiden edition of the reality show anchored by screen diva Genevieve Nnaji, include: Comedienne Princess, Emeka Ike, Muma Gee, Funke Akindele, Daddy Showkey, Chioma Chukwurah, Abbass Akande Obesere, Weird MC, Dare Art Alade, and Bob-Manuel Udokwu.

It is being aired once a week, every Sunday, on select television stations in Nigeria and beyond on both terrestrial and satellite channels. The Stations include NTA, AIT, STV, Africa Magic and Soundcity both on DSTV.

Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by dichana: 5:38am On Mar 27, 2010
damn how can i watch this anyone pls tell pls this is going to be really cool.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by dominique(f): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2010
lets see how they look without makeup grin grin tongue
i would love to see the always prim proper Genny battle it out in the jungle.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by BabyCakes(f): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2010
My money is on the Ajepakos there like wierd Mc and Funke Akindele, Dont be fooled by Genevieve's celeb antics, when she enter bush, she go need to pipe down. Mosquito no know who dey Nollywood! cool
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by meggy11: 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2010
when will the show start?
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by 9ja4eva: 12:31am On Mar 29, 2010
Can someone upload the videos please.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by otukpo(f): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2010
i enjoyed myslf watching it yesterday.
It was fun. The celebrities have issues with one another.
They were just arguing and quarreling all thru.
Personality clashes here and there.
I just hope they won't fight there.
Mehhn, u need to watch it.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by nellaluv(f): 9:29am On Mar 29, 2010
^^ wat channel was dat, n wat tyme. I was waiting for stv to show it but they were busy showing dat annoying star quest angry
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by harmeenut: 9:49am On Mar 29, 2010
It was shown yesterday on STV by 9pm. It was a nice show and the heat in already on between Mama Gee, Chioma and Funke.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by nellaluv(f): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2010
Any re-run during the week, i just missed two episodes and i'm boiling
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by masido(f): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2010
Have they started??Hope no one has been sent home yet?I must watch the next episode,
by God's grace.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by TawaTemi1(f): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2010
Like I said in a thread earlier b4 seeing this,

Celebrities like Muma Gee, Funke, Chioma, Princess and even Emeka  Ike really dissapointed me ytnight.  Just like Abbas said that most of them are quite different from the way we view them (celebrities) outside.

They have to cool their nerves down a bit and note that some youngsters are looking up to them.

Imagine Emeka (maybe jokingly but he meant it) said he wanted to sleep beside Muma Gee, I mean where the ladies were suppose to sleep  angry  angry  angry  angry cant he join other guys? He should know that he is married and whatever he do here on reality show may affect him.

Anyway, Chioma, Princess and Funke showed both of them (Muma and Emeka) that it was not proper by shouting and arguing all their lives out  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin   grin Celebrities madness in action!

But believe me, I like the cool of Dare & Weird MC  kiss  kiss they displayed their level of maturity, infact Abass and Daddy Showkey surprised me, I think they are both cool cos I expect them to show their level of Jungle or rasz behaviour.  wink  wink

When the girls were all arguing, Weird MC was just outside saying, "s. h. i. t.  meeeennn, etc" I LMAO, she wasn't comfortable at all.       

The game has just started and I expect more behaviours/ personalities to be exposed. The real celebrities shall be made known, unless they are still acting to make believe.  undecided   undecided

I like the show cos you will laugh a lot at what celebrities can do behind the scene.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by meggy11: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2010
when is the showing time and is it daily? i need answers pleaseeeeeee.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by deoyel25(m): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
I watched the show too yesterday. The girls were just quarreling all through while the guys were maintaining their stands. I pitty weird MC. (S)he has no category. I don't know whether to call her a guy or a girl. grin grin
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by bawomolo(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2010
we all know women get catty around each other.
divas
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by dichana: 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2010
pls anyone where did you guys watched it spill pls and how is genevieve as a host anyone pls tell
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by naijagal(f): 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2010
you can watch it on stv by 9 pm on sunday & soundcity (channel 327) by 10 pm also on sunday
@tawa temi, u have said it all jare grin wat a show it was yesterday
wat was even more amazing was all d drama dat took place b4 nitefall, at dis rate there will surely b a physical fight
d gals have already started falling apart & will undo each other, princess & her crew comprising of funke & chioma were extremely loud and so uncivilsed goodness! shocked i too feel for wierd mc, she mos def will not bond wiv d gals but wiv d guys. she already feels like a fish outta water with all d noise generated by d other 3
muma gee go regret d day she met them, they r gonna make her life hell. however i appreciated her level of calm in d midst of all d commotion. and wat was d drama all for anyways? undecided everyone is a celebrity & must b heard no b so? grin grin

luvin d guys so far, dare is d coolest dude & i was nicely surprised dat obesere could speak coherent english shocked though i broke down in lafta with almost all his sentences however u gotta luv d guy 4 braving dis show

roll on next week sunday cheesy
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by meggy11: 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2010
@naijagal
thanks for making us know d time.we will keep a date on sunday lol.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by steeze(m): 12:16am On Mar 30, 2010
D show was awesome! Princess was d craziest of d lot. It seemed 2 me like she was deliberately trying to get on everyone's nerve. And yes, i was genuinely surprised dat obesere could speak english like that. Cant wait till next week y'all!
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by riversman: 4:35am On Mar 30, 2010
can u bastards pliz upload vids plizzzz!!!!!!!!11

or are yall dat broke? shocked shocked
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by maskuraid(m): 11:27am On Mar 30, 2010
riversman:

riverman abi wetin u call urself,who send u make u no watch?u berra watch yo mouth b4 bottle burst for ur head.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by THEAMAKA(f): 11:33am On Mar 30, 2010
riversman:

how about you stop being lazy and upload it yourself instead of complaining.

@topic
hmmmmm this show seems VERY interesting, would really wanna watch.
i kinda figured weird mc would be very athletic, the man that she is. lol
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2010
omg I really want to see this. I want to see how Emeka Ike behave in real life grin
can I get this on youtube?
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by Nakele(f): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2010
@ KNIBIDEAL, I agree with you that Bob Manuel was supposed not to take part, reason being, he has loads of experience in this thing, he has been hosting it for as many times as I can remember,

Aren't ey gonna show it on DSTV? Pls also let us know how Queen Gene is doing
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by Nakele(f): 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2010
Wow, so, when will they start showing it on Africa Magic for us outside Nigeria, Guys pls Am in Namibia, pls let me know of what happens everyday, I will be checking the site everynow and then, Cheers
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by deoyel25(m): 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
riversman:

Your id is supposed to be madman, not riversman. Goto www.madman.com/riversman. You will get the video from there.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by deoyel25(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
riversman:

Your id is supposed to be madman, not riversman. Goto www.madman.com/riversman. You will get the video from there.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by baroong: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
i wonder what Bob-Manual is doing there. AIT shows it by 7PM and STV by 9 PM.
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by Abbygyal(f): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2010
haba!!! pls tell me where i can watch it online. . . . .not in naija ryt nw to watch stv.!!! any help pls? im askin y'all kindly so be nice abeg.x
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by TawaTemi1(f): 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Nakele, For now Gene is cool, She tried as an anchor for the show. I like her sportish appearance and the way she combined her colours. (Her Efizzy dey too much sha)

To me, Muma Gee and Gene are competing for levels  grin  grin  grin

Also, try and read what Naijagal posted as par watching the show outside Nigeria.

[size=4pt]Pics copied from another thread.[/size]

Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by Abbygyal(f): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2010
she never said anything about watching it outside Nigeria. . .
Re: Ultimate Celebrity Search: The Heat Is On by TawaTemi1(f): 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
naijagal:

you can watch it on stv by 9 pm on sunday & soundcity (channel 327) by 10 pm also on sunday

roll on next week sunday cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos : Psquare Building Another Mansion In Park View Estate, Lagos / Photo: Big Brother Africa’s Dillish Takes Her Clothes Off / Lovely Photo Of Davido Getting A Hair Cut In London Ahead Of His Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.