Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It (43647 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Man Threatens To Rape A Lady For Wearing Black Bra, Twitter Suspends His Account / Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Ugotony93: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2017
Somebody should please pay money into my account mistakenly..
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by WackyJ1(m): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2017
How is it Fraud when the Money was trasferred into his account by an error. Isn't it the bank's Problem and mistake that they transferred the money into his account?

4 Likes

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by jude2009: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2017
Larryfest:
That man don they watch too much American movies ....check out how he cleverly wants to turn the whole thing against the bank and the company sharp guy...

But there is a possibility in what he is saying. Why didn't the bank call him for up to 4 days?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by talk2tosep(m): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2017
Am sure he paid his tithe
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Arysexy(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2017
Afonjazzy wan chop free money. U think say ur ritual don work abi?
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by thesicilian: 9:44am On Nov 29, 2017
He continued: “When I got the alert, I thought it was from one of our customers or debtors so I decided to wait till I get a call from the bank or the person.

“When I didn’t get any call, on April 4 I transferred the money to my account in another bank, which led to my account being frozen.

“It is a clear case of Criminal conspiracy by the bank and Telecorev to launder money and operate my account illegally without my consent.”
It may actually be true that the bank saw a dormant account and wanted to launder money through it. Who forgets 10million Naira 'mistakenly paid into a wrong account' for 5days?
I don't blame the man. Now instead of owing several people, he just has one person to worry about. And a good lawyer should be able to get the court to give him adequate time to pay back the money at no interest rate.

5 Likes

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by HARDDON: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2017
Larryfest:
That man don they watch too much American movies ....check out how he cleverly wants to turn the whole thing against the bank and the company sharp guy...

Bankers n fraudulent folks do it a lot.
The man made a cogent point.
Not all transfer mistake is a mistake.

6 Likes

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by WinkWrld: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2017
The banker that posted d transaction will be behind bars

1 Like

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Isokowadoo: 9:51am On Nov 29, 2017
Same Tin Sarrki Wud av done
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by RSVP: 9:51am On Nov 29, 2017
Andrewgame42:
Sane tin... Gt people almost kill me because of 60k wey I bend.. Carry police dey find me upandan
Like say I theft the money ...no be them pay it inside my balance account

You be money bender cool

Badt man
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Macgreat(m): 9:52am On Nov 29, 2017
LoL

10M enter my account . . . na to use the money generate funds. Safe investment . . fixed deposit - keep the money safe.

1 Like

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by enemyofprogress: 9:52am On Nov 29, 2017
Why me no dey get dis kind luck,make i take am spoil oyinda1599 and spite ajepako. Oyinda dey take me do yanga because I no get motor and a house of my own yet, but don't worry, this time next year, me and you go do our own BANKY W.

1 Like

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by PointZerom: 9:52am On Nov 29, 2017
seanswitch:
They will drag the case together. After everything, they will give him a payment plan that is convenient for him. Shikena. But it's unwise to use that money to settle debts. He should have just used it to do business. After all, he'll still have to pay back. It's just a 10 million Naira loan with no interest that you can pay back with no hassle.

If he tells them that he used it for business, they might go after the business.

3 Likes

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by temitemi1(m): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by okenwaa(m): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2017
Mumu man.....wetn en for use play watford-manutd ov3.5

1 Like

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by spencekat(m): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2017
Macgreat:
LoL

10M enter my account . . . na to use the money generate funds. Safe investment . . fixed deposit - keep the money safe.
At present,Fixed deposit cannot be tagged an investment.

1 Like

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Larryfest(m): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2017
jude2009:

But there is a possibility in what he is saying. Why didn't the bank call him for up to 4 days?
So there is a possibility he might win the case?
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Abudu2000(m): 9:55am On Nov 29, 2017
grin but I have heard Adebo-ole prophecy to the sheeples that someone will deposit money into your account today!!! How is this one now a crime now?
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Andrewgame42: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2017
RSVP:

You be money bender cool

Badt man

Like say , you no dey bend money too
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by omonla10(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2017
My colleague got credited twice last month. 650k..he's already bought rx300 with it awaiting shipping from D UK.. Sharp guy.. At least he go make gain before E cast.. cheesy
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by dukeo(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Lady justice is very curvy though kiss

grin
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Macgreat(m): 10:00am On Nov 29, 2017
spencekat:
At present,Fixed deposit cannot be tagged an investment.

I know bro.

After six month , they can come and collect their money.
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Backinfront(m): 10:00am On Nov 29, 2017
He is criminal minded. He didn't even bother to investigate first.

2 Likes

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:00am On Nov 29, 2017
seanswitch:
They will drag the case together. After everything, they will give him a payment plan that is convenient for him. Shikena. But it's unwise to use that money to settle debts. He should have just used it to do business. After all, he'll still have to pay back. It's just a 10 million Naira loan with no interest that you can pay back with no hassle.

your state of mind is the reason why so many people fail in life. you take a loan, thus you have debts, and when you have enough money to repay the lender, you'd rather take ANOTHER gamble in trying to make MORE money....what a greedy state of mind, kai?! no wonder people in Nigeria dont want to give out loans...

1 Like

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by agarawu23(m): 10:03am On Nov 29, 2017
He purposely used the money

1 Like

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by RSVP: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2017
Andrewgame42:

Like say , you no dey bend money too

Na we we grin

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by linearity: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2017
seanswitch:

In a Nigeria context, he did the right thing.

If he had opened any business, he would have been forced to forfeit it immediately.

And I doubt he if will pay back, however he will serve some prison terms....even if it is 10yrs, that will make it 1m per year....most people in Nigeria don’t make that kind of money yearly, so with his jail term, he is ahead.

His best move though, would have been leave the shores of Nigeria for good with the cash.
Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by Supadupaman(m): 10:05am On Nov 29, 2017
It's really not his money and he should have known.. It happened to me last month from Fcmb.. #250k to be precise.. I called my account officer immediately and the bank didn't touch for four consecutive days but by the fifth day the money was gone.. The bank debited me with the exact amount and also charged #48 for sms alert! So such is life..

2 Likes

Re: Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It by phreakabit(m): 10:07am On Nov 29, 2017
Afonja sef!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Rape 70-Year-Old Widow To Coma In Ebonyi. Women Protest (Pics) / 57-year-old Man Rapes Daughter To Death / Man Arrested For Killing His 2 Children And His Aged Mother In Anambra (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.