Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly (2363 Views)

2shotz And Wife, Precious Jones Separate; Accuses Him Of Beating Her / GOMBE: Lagos Traditional Ruler Batters Wife Silly Over Phone Call / Nigerian Actress Omotola Jalade Accused Of Beating Her Husband Matthew Ekeinde. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by mamagee3(f): 11:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
A Nollywood actor, Fredrick Akpowene Aseroma, was on Friday, March 26, 2010, arrested and detained at the Ojodu-Abiodun Police Division, Ogun State Command, over allegations of beating his wife, Blessing Aseroma, who he has been married to for 10 years.

Mr. Aseroma, 40, along with his younger brother, Temotighe, 30, was detained after they both allegedly tried to strangle Mrs. Aseroma, 38, bruised her arm and almost stripped her naked because she reported them to a non-governmental women’s rights organisation, Project Alert.

Can’t take it anymore

“I went to Project Alert on Wednesday (March 24) because that same morning, they both beat me until the neighbours intervened. What caused it then was that our children have been out of school because of non-payment of school fees,” Mrs. Aseroma said.

The wife, who has three children for Mr. Aserome, claimed that the husband has always been abusive right from the University of Lagos, where they both schooled.

“Even in school, he had been beating me. But I thought that it would stop and things would change. I don’t know why I tolerated it. I guess because of love I overlooked everything,” said Mrs. Aseroma, a graduate of History.

State of shock

The executive director of Project Alert, Josephine Effah-Chukwuma, said Mrs. Aseroma came to the NGO in a state of shock. She said it was evident that, over the years, the lady had lost her self-esteem, as a result of the physical and psychological abuse suffered.

“We invited her husband to try and resolve the issue, but he refused to come. We have now taken the case up with the police. Her case is a very sad one, and a reminder that women are being abused at an alarming rate. So now it’s about naming and shaming people who violate women,” Mrs. Effah-Chukwuma said.

When NEXT called Mr. Aseroma’s phone number, he picked up, but immediately cut off when asked for his reaction to the allegations of wife battery.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Crime/5546699-146/story.csp
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by AloyEmeka5: 11:48pm On Mar 26, 2010
Fred Aseroma is a well known woman beater. What do you expect?

Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by nellaluv(f): 12:03am On Mar 27, 2010
what a shame, and to think i admired this this. . . wife beater angry angry angry
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by dominique(f): 10:06am On Mar 27, 2010
i sympathized with her till i read this part of the article

The wife, who has three children for Mr. Aserome, claimed that the husband has always been abusive right from the University of Lagos, where they both schooled.

“Even in school, he had been beating me. But I thought that it would stop and things would change. I don’t know why I tolerated it. I guess because of love I overlooked everything,” said Mrs. Aseroma, a graduate of History.

so he has been beating her up before they got married and she still went ahead to marry him. as the Yorubas say "oun oju nwa ni oju n ri" (what the eyes is looking for is what the eyes will find) you can't teach an old abusive dog new tricks.
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by googles: 10:15am On Mar 27, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

are you for real ?? i really used to like this guy . . . . wow wat a shame angry
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by Godalone(m): 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2010
Fred Aseroma shame on you !
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by meggy11: 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2010
what a shame.
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by bookface: 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2010
ásshole!

the son of a dog join hands with his brother to beat a helpless woman.

He should be hanged with his díck!
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by violent(m): 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2010
The woman should sue the two bastards for all the kobos they are not worth

Mr. Aseroma, 40, along with his younger brother, Temotighe, 30, was detained after they both allegedly tried to strangle Mrs. Aseroma, 38, bruised her arm and almost stripped her unclothed because she reported them to a non-governmental women’s rights organisation, Project Alert.

Is this English?. . . stripped her unclothed?
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by Scooby1(m): 12:27am On Mar 28, 2010
cry

Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by atilla(m): 8:14am On Mar 28, 2010
tank God it came out before he killed her

so even the brother joined in.

hope they both get locked up and
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 28, 2010
Pathetic story but what the hell is this why did she tolerate it that long undecided undecided
mama-gee:

Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by crown22: 11:33am On Mar 28, 2010
all roles must be regarded as part of acting and drama rehearsal
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by dominique(f): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2010
violent:

The woman should sue the two bastards for all the kobos they are not worth

Is this English?. . . stripped her unclothed?

it's the word filters at work cheesy
unclothed = nak[size=1pt].[/size]ed
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by chelseabmw(m): 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2010
so u beat women too, what a show of disgrace
Re: Nollywood Actor Accused Of Beating Wife Silly by RedRiver(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2010
so sad. fred was one of my best in nollywood. used to respect him alot. i used to think he was different. now i see the difference

(1) (Reply)

John Fashanu Dating Ex Mbgn - Adaeze Igwe's Mom / New Beyonce / Caption This Rihana's Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.