Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) (22633 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? / Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by qualityovenbake(m): 8:35am On Nov 29, 2017
Nice, this will solve some of the traffic congestion problem in Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by olusola200: 8:39am On Nov 29, 2017
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by seguno2: 8:39am On Nov 29, 2017
3rdavefarms:
Please someone should help the guy above me ooooo .... I never see the project Ambode started ,that he never finished
I just want to make sense to him

Has he finished the light rail?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by seguno2: 8:41am On Nov 29, 2017
morbeta:
I thought EUC is selling the place to people as residential.

Go and find out who is behind the EUC and you will be shocked.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 29, 2017
seguno2:

Go and find out who is behind the EUC and you will be shocked.

So who is behind it?
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by seguno2: 8:48am On Nov 29, 2017
ishowdotgmail:
Lagos- heart beat of Africa

Heartbeat of which Africa?
The Africa with Addis Ababa that completed its light rail in four years?
The Africa with Cape Town and other cities in South Africa where Nigerian yeyebrities and politicians run to enjoy the money that we allow them steal from us?
The Africa with many cities where water and electricity are taken for granted?
Do you know what you are talking about?
Do you know?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by miarhpe: 8:58am On Nov 29, 2017
Eko ni baje o

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by Imagineers: 9:07am On Nov 29, 2017
activistjohnny:
The Lagos State Government has outlined plans to transform the blighted area of Oworonshoki waterfront into one of the biggest transportation, tourism, and entertainment centres in Nigeria.

The project will improve the aesthetic and security of the Oworonshoki environs, while attracting investments in water transportation and boosting socio- economic activities in the axis, with the provision of shopping mall and related infrastructures.

The proposed entertainment and mega ferry terminal site already under reclamation would divert alot of human and vehicular traffic gridlocks away from the Lagos Island and take advantage of the central location and accessibility of the proposed Oworonshoki terminal to Apapa port, Ikeja Airport and other parts of the state.

Youths and residents will enjoy quality sports, recreational, entertainment and emergency responses facilities at the terminal.

Commuters transiting through the terminal will not only enjoy the state-of-the-art infrastructures, they will also be able to park their vehicles within the 1,000 car park facility that will be under assured security.

A museum to show case the cultural heritage of the state with monuments from the ancient to the modern Lagos city will be enjoyed within this facility.

Kudos to the Lagos State Government under the able leadership of Governor Ambode, who is working round the clock to ensure Lagosians enjoys the benefits of their tax.

Let's ensure we pay our tax to continually enjoys more developmental projects like this to come.

"EKO O NI BAJE OOO"

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/11/lagos-state-government-outlines-plans.html

The truth is that the lagoon need to cleaned. There are lots of obstacle to safe boat riding on Lagos lagoon. Your boat can collide with many obstacles (even floating log of woods) resulting into deaths. There are several debris of wreckages lying uncleared in the lagoon and nobody is talking about it. Presently boat riding in Lagos is a dangerous game

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by kjhova(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2017
seguno2:
What nonsense.
When will Ambode stop taking Lagosians as fools?
He is not transforming education for all children.
No.
He is not transforming hospitals for all patients.
No.
He is not transforming public transport by completing the light rail.
No.
Instead he is embarking on another white elephant project to STEAL the people’s money.
How do we keep having these demonic thieves as our leaders?
How?
Does anyone know?

Relax...take your pills...it will help you sleep better.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by seguno2: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2017
kjhova:
Relax...take your pills...it will help you sleep better.

Is that what you do for your insomnia?
Sorry to disappoint you but not everyone has your sickness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by Ximonak: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2017
three:
The "ultra modern" jetty takes 5% of the land.

What happens to the rest?

Meanwhile there IS a reason Environmental Impact Assessments are done BEFORE developments not after.

Wait first, make the sand filling push Third Mainland bridge enter Brigands na dat time people eye go clear.

True words
60% of land pertaining projects done in Nigeria by government are not planned for long term...
Imagine sighting a Petrol Depot in a major residential area just because it's closer
Plus
Government don't try to reduce the effect which comes form constructing any project example:
10lane Ecowas Road with train, for more than 7years loss of manpower/hrs just because if the construction
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by seanwilliam(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2017
seguno2:
What nonsense.
No.
No.
No.
Instead he is embarking on another white elephant project to STEAL the people’s money.
How?
Does anyone know?
na people lyk u dey make government wicked
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by sirusX(m): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2017
yeyerolling:
I pity those pple living in those slums on the oda side. Sure demolition loading.
They rather reclaimed land from water, but I hope they don’t go ahead to demolish

Lagos State like that type of wahala
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by donqx: 9:42am On Nov 29, 2017
good
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2017
sirusX:

They rather reclaimed land from water, but I hope they don’t go ahead to demolish

Lagos State like that type of wahala
sure demolition jare. dey didn't demolish the oda side cos na houses dey der. these ones na shanties
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by JOELIFYO: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2017
good job...pls oworo metropolis needs good roads too
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by sirusX(m): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2017
yeyerolling:
sure demolition jare. dey didn't demolish the oda side cos na houses dey der. these ones na shanties
Na relocation sure pass for them ooo
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2017
sirusX:

Na relocation sure pass for them ooo
d way dem relocate otodo gbame pple abi hahahahah cheesy
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2017
1miccza:
Will these sand fillings tagged reclaiming not affect the foot of that bridge in the nearest future?? I am scared...

Must you comment when you are not sure of the facts The sand being used to sandfill is at least 1km away on the other side of the bridge. This is an initiative that we Lagosians are proud of.
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by 1miccza: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2017
OldSkoolHeadBoy:

Must you comment when you are not sure of the facts The sand being used to sandfill is at least 1km away on the other side of the bridge. This is an initiative that we Lagosians are proud of.

Oga its called a social media because you are supposed to be educated on things that aren't too clear to you, i asked a question and didn't make a statement, you don't have to be harsh and insultive to show you're knowledgeable. No one knows it all...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by seguno2: 10:40am On Nov 29, 2017
seanwilliam:
na people lyk u dey make government wicked

I assume that you are either joking or have low aspirations.
Which one is your problem?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 29, 2017
seguno2:
What nonsense.
No.
No.
No.
How?
Does anyone know?
We sabi where you belong
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by fmlala: 11:14am On Nov 29, 2017
seguno2:
What nonsense.
No.
No.
No.

How?
Does anyone know?

We know where you are going base on your questions but Lagosians are not fools. So, keep your questions to yourself.

Thank you very much.

PDP

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by bishopkay: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2017
divicode:
Up APC!
Is there any cheerful need coming from the republic of the flat.inos
?

Last I checked, Imo state is an APC state, and only news of multi million naira statues have been coming outta there. Anambra is an APGA state and the spate of development there is breath taking. Ebonyi is a PDP state and from hear says I can say Gov Umahi is trying!
Enugu is trying also...at least they are not owing Mirades of salary backlogs and it's a pdp state!

The Judas is Abia state and not like I'm surprised; they've always had the curse of bad leadership following them.
Now apart from Lagos and Ogun states which are even bigger than some country's economies going by the good luck and positioning on the Nigerian polity and atmosphere, remind me again about the APC government that's doing so well in the federation!

So tell me again why you've let hate consume you, that you live and breathe in relevance by casting aspersions on the south east? Is it for cheap nairaland likes? Or you are just plain stupid?
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by kjhova(m): 11:28am On Nov 29, 2017
seguno2:

Is that what you do for your insomnia?
Sorry to disappoint you but not everyone has your sickness.

2...number of likes for my post.

0...number of those who read yours.

Away with your hatred for APC which has permiated you to a point of jaundiced view of a good project by Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by gmoni2(m): 11:40am On Nov 29, 2017
seguno2:
What nonsense.
No.
No.
No.

How?
Does anyone know?

spot on.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by Awoofawo(m): 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
three:
The "ultra modern" jetty takes 5% of the land.

What happens to the rest?

Meanwhile there IS a reason Environmental Impact Assessments are done BEFORE developments not after.

Wait first, make the sand filling push Third Mainland bridge enter Brigands na dat time people eye go clear.
Olodo OoOoOoOooooo! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Brigands ko, Bangle ni Na Bariga oya repeat after me, BARIGA!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make dem learn Yoruba, dem no go learn am.......If waya com happen and awon Omo onile ask am na to pronounce Bariga, and e no fit do so, na so dem go com yamutu am finish..... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by judgedredd22(m): 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
seguno2:

Heartbeat of which Africa?
The Africa with Addis Ababa that completed its light rail in four years?
The Africa with Cape Town and other cities in South Africa where Nigerian yeyebrities and politicians run to enjoy the money that we allow them steal from us?
The Africa with many cities where water and electricity are taken for granted?
Do you know what you are talking about?
Do you know?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by three: 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thanks.

Typographical error.

Awoofawo:
Olodo OoOoOoOooooo! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Brigands ko, Bangle ni Na Bariga oya repeat after me, BARIGA!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make dem learn Yoruba, dem no go learn am.......If waya com happen and awon Omo onile ask am na to Bariga to who be belong, na so dem go com yamutu you finish..... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afonja!

Sebi ona open ona eyes dey c as we dey DEVELOP Lagos na.

Awa bLother Ambodochukwu is seLiosly dehvehlopin Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) by IgedeBushBoy(m): 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2017
Wow, what a way of reducing traffic on the bridge. Lagos always ahead

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Anthony Nwoko Is Dead! Murdered In Enugu By Assassins / Buhari Receives Medical Doctors From Greece (photos) / Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.