Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic (22619 Views)

Supreme Court: I Owe Nobody Explanation For Visiting Tinubu – PDP’s Gov Diri / Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me / I Owe Nobody Any Apology For Supporting Buhari - Kenneth Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by adenigga(m): 4:42am On Dec 29, 2021
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has said he owes nobody any apology for believing in one Nigeria and not Oduduwa Republic.

Obasanjo explained that he believes in one Nigeria above ethnic affiliation.

Speaking at an event in Abuja, the former president said every Nigerian has the solution to the challenges confronting the country.

He, however, cautioned Nigerians against imposing their own solutions on others.

According to Obasanjo: “I always say this, each and every one of us has solutions to Nigeria’s problems but each and every one of us is wrong when you bring your own and you think it is perfect; now listen to the other man. But one thing I believe we all have in common — Nigeria.

“I have never used Yoruba nation and I will never because I believe that my Nigerianess is bigger than my Yorubaness and none should stand in the way of each other.

“For me, my Nigerianess is very important because I am more than what I should have been as a Nigerian than as an Oduduwa Republic man and I believe that, that should be the case for every one of us. Why should the accident of my place of birth be a hindrance for me as a human being, first of all, and as a Nigerian?

“I owe no apology to anybody that I feel that what God has given to us in Nigeria belongs to all of us in Nigeria and anyone who feels otherwise, good luck to him.

“The point is that we must aggregate, if you were born in a place and there is a particular treasure in that place, you must enjoy more of it than others in other parts of Nigeria. And that, I believe, whether it is stone with which the Nigerian railway and Lagos board were built, which came from Abeokuta which nobody paid anything for in the colonial days, or the coal in Enugu which some of it was used to drive the locomotive and whatever, the point is it is all a gift of God to all Nigerians, humanity, and the gift of God, I believe we must understand them and know how we really manage them.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Why-I-owe-nobody-apology-for-not-believing-in-Oduduwa-Republic-Obasanjo

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by helinues: 4:53am On Dec 29, 2021
Na so.

Here too, we no send

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by neurosci: 5:05am On Dec 29, 2021

But one thing I believe we politicians all have in common — We share the national cake, therefore, One Nigeria.

Fixed.

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by HeadNigga: 5:05am On Dec 29, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by SultanOfPuna: 5:06am On Dec 29, 2021
Yorubaangel:
Odùduwà Republic is a political scam just like Biafra, Arewa and the likes

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by jfkenny(m): 5:07am On Dec 29, 2021
Obj

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Yorubaangel(m): 5:08am On Dec 29, 2021

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by jfkenny(m): 5:08am On Dec 29, 2021
Fullstop
neurosci:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by neurosci: 5:08am On Dec 29, 2021
If I also was a politician enjoying the national cake, I definitely would want one Nigeria.

196 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by yinkus6750(m): 5:08am On Dec 29, 2021
Baba, you are in order.
You cant be an elder statesman, fought in a war to sustain the unity of the country and now do otherwise later.
That would have been treason.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by dasparrow: 5:09am On Dec 29, 2021
Whatever you say sir. Your generation are the reason why Nigeria is where it is today. Nigeria continues to decay. The political elite keep borrowing money and at the end of the day, we don't know what they did with all the money they borrowed. We all know that they shared the money amongst themselves.

We all know that one Nigeria only benefits very wealthy Nigerians, most who are politicians like Obasanjo. So I am not surprised he wants the status quo to remain while the other one called Tinubu is calling for Nigerian youths to be recruited into the Nigerian army where they will be fed cassava, yam and agbado while getting killed by terrorists, lol. grin

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by nzeobi(m): 5:09am On Dec 29, 2021
The only thing,I understand is that we should not force our opinion on others

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by neurosci: 5:09am On Dec 29, 2021
jfkenny:
Fullstop
Fixed.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Providence2020(m): 5:10am On Dec 29, 2021
The life of a former Nigerian President is one of constant regrets, what Ifs and attention seeking.

It's like they only realize how much was given to them after wasting 8 years.

They're all the same, OBJ, Jonathan and Buhari.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by haslaw(m): 5:10am On Dec 29, 2021
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by helinues: 5:11am On Dec 29, 2021
Yorubaangel:

Imagine if Igboho had been allowed to carry on with his nonsense, that's how he would cause chaos and confusion in the region and Japa just the way he was about to in Benin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by slawormiir: 5:12am On Dec 29, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Obj my niggarrrr

Same with me

I owe nobody apology for not believing in biafra and Oduduwa

Because both of them are goals and dream that can not be realized and actualized

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Tumbulum: 5:14am On Dec 29, 2021
Alright let's see how it will end. We know why you are a proud and we dont expect you to speak otherwise. You ruled the country as a military head of state,then as Democratic elected president and therefore no one expect you to say you don't believe in one Nigeria.

You fought in the civil war to save the country from disintegration and its not possible to just turn around after all these years.

But we know the truth,the truth is Nigeria will divide it may take time but it must. It will divide when people get fed up and decide they have had enough of the nonsense.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by zolajpower: 5:14am On Dec 29, 2021
grin
Rubbish as usual

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by DMerciful(m): 5:15am On Dec 29, 2021
Oduduwa Republic is not for your generation. Your generation will not do necessary changes in Nigeria even when there's existential threats.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by hammer567: 5:16am On Dec 29, 2021
[s]
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Obj my niggarrrr

Sae with me

I owe nobody apology for not believing in biafra and Oduduwa

Because both of them are goals and dream that can not be realized and actualized
[/s]

Wat concern Biafra with Aboki and Afonja?

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 29, 2021
Baba Iyabo don talk, Igboho you see your life undecided you allow IPOB to decieve you. See as all of them run away cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Inspirer1: 5:18am On Dec 29, 2021
We are all entitled to our opinions

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by UCyril: 5:18am On Dec 29, 2021
Who imposed Nigeria on us ? did we as a people agree to be Nigerians at anytime? This advice from OBJ can only come from a man in a third world country like Nigeria.
Nigerians should come together and decide if they want to be together through a referendum.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by adenigga(m): 5:20am On Dec 29, 2021
haslaw:
God bless Nigeria.
A,...

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Ayomi90: 5:20am On Dec 29, 2021
You have the right to believe in whatever u wish to, nobody is holding anyone, as for me I believe in Oduduwa Republic. Baba can believe in Nigeria, we don't ask for an apology for that.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Ayomi90: 5:21am On Dec 29, 2021
SlyDev:
Baba Iyabo don talk, Igboho you see your life undecided you allow IPOB to decieve you. See as all of them run away cry
Shut up, Igboho can believe in whatever he wants, stop being a slave.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by adenigga(m): 5:22am On Dec 29, 2021
SlyDev:

Yeeee......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Shedrack777: 5:23am On Dec 29, 2021
no be by force to support na

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by money121(m): 5:23am On Dec 29, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man who shot Lucky Dube says he thought he was a Nigerian! / Sanwo-Olu's Wife Joins Campaign Train, Meets Women's Groups (video) / FFK: Nigeria Has Entered ‘One Chance’ Under Buhari, APC – Ex-minister, Dalung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.