Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,328 members, 7,829,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees (21706 Views)

Result Of 15-year-old Head Boy Who Fasted For 15 Days Over 2024 JAMB Surfaces / Snake Swallows N36m Cash In JAMB Office Makurdi, Benue State / Shock: 5-year-old Boy Who “repairs Motorcycles” To Raise School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by dominique(f): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2017
This is child labour, the parents deserve to be arrested.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by qualityovenbake(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2017
The human mind is beautiful. How is this child abuse? All around the world young geniuses are shaking the science world. In their pre-teen years, their capability begins to manifest just like this kid.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by MONITZ: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
This is slavery

When did he tart learning ?

When did he got his freedom or graduation from learning the skills?

Pls we should stop celebrating stuffs like this

We are losing morals here

Also celebrating mediocrity

What lessons are we giving to others

Rubbish,just the way u celebrate Buhari's mediocrity I guess?
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Sunkyphil(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2017
Fmartin:
Please anyone making comment should make it short, so we professional comment readers (PCR) will be able to Read all comments.
Thanks for making our work easier!!
grin
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 29, 2017
This is not right

Let kids be kids embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Sijo01(f): 8:47am On Nov 29, 2017
Your country has failed you little boy. Imagine hustling for survival at this tender age.

It is well.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by robosky02(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2017
for just this act we should just give him a scholarship
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by AFONJACOW(m): 8:51am On Nov 29, 2017
He will make it big only if he did not think like a northerner... Show me a man that think like a northern and make it in life and I will show you a pregnant virgin
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Kobicove(m): 8:57am On Nov 29, 2017
What does a 5 year old know about the internal workings of an engine? undecided
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by hakeem4(m): 8:58am On Nov 29, 2017
Ayo4251:
read the story before commenting..... He assists his father who is a mechanic
should any one less than 18 be in a workshop

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by sexy74(m): 9:00am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
This is slavery

You have writen well, but remember all you wrote dont put food on the table or pay school fees.
It would have been very bad if he was into crime or other vice that is bad, but for him to learn a skill, to me its ok.
This is still better than hawking.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2017
it is not child abuse... but this can't be possible.. 5years old hahaha. we dey deceive ourselves.. it is by false to post
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by correctguy101(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2017
MayorofLagos:
OP,
Im not sure this is true.

First, motorcycle parts are fastened with bolts, nuts, screws and clips. To get any of these fasteners off and gain access to the mechanical parts require wrist strength and arm leverage that a 5yr old is not built for.

Let's reposition this story abeg!

And people are taking the OP serious. People who don't know about engines.

If this small boy fasten anything in my ride, I won't drive that ride. Everything will fall off.... undecided
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by K024(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

Baba that boy don't need that exposure right now

If there is anything he needs , it should be extra lessons

We should stop that habit

I can assure you 95& of people that learn this skills at this age ends up in dropping out of school at early stage for quick money

It's not necessarily that bad o. As long as he doesn't drop out of school too early, he will be ok. The person that stayed in school is also looking for money. So if he can manage himself and his money effectively, I'm good with him.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by horia: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2017
undecided
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by NgHealth(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2017
A 5 yrs old already in the labour market. And a lot of Nigerians can't simply grasp the fact that it is not right.

That boy should be reading his book and playing around like other kids.

Nigeria is a hard place to live in. Some of my fondest memories were those made as a child.

A time I ate, play and laughed without a single thought for the hard times ahead.

But it seems this child might not enjoy that privilege of being a child.

As a Nigerian there is hardship already fixed on his tomorrow. The best we can do for kids is just allow them be kids.

Cos when 2moro comes, Nigeria will surely make them sweat.

2 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by aksule(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2017
Most of the commentators are either living in big towns or towns or big villages. Go to hamlets settlement and you won't be surprise. In any case child abuse etc is a foreign innovation to a poor Nigerians. Suffice it to say that no parent wants his children to suffer if he can afford it. There are genius; the loosing and tightening can be done by his father. Don't blame the poor man, rather blame the society. His is trying to make ends meet in a dignify manner rather than sending the poor boy to beg in the streets. You can never satisfy a human being. Either way you will be criticized. Those shouting blue murder should please render help otherwise keep mute. While the children of wealthy Nigerians are paying millions in private schools, the children of the poor are busy begging in the streets to eat not to talk of schooling.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by masks(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
This is slavery

I'm with you on this...a 5 year old?this is really child abuse and the
poster had the effontery to celebrate this...kai! this country really is. bleeding......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by masks(m): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2017
aksule:
Most of the commentators are either living in big towns or towns or big villages. Go to hamlets settlement and you won't be surprise. In any case child abuse etc is a foreign innovation to a poor Nigerians. Suffice it to say that no parent wants his children to suffer if he can afford it. There are genius; the loosing and tightening can be done by his father. Don't blame the poor man, rather blame the society. His is trying to make ends meet in a dignify manner rather than sending the poor boy to beg in the streets. You can never satisfy a human being. Either way you will be criticized. Those shouting blue murder should please render help otherwise keep mute. While the children of wealthy Nigerians are paying millions in private schools, the children of the poor are busy begging in the streets to eat not to talk of schooling.
nice words brov...but a point of correction too...the man is to be blamed and not the economy....bro, it's 10k o? this man I'm sure didn't start repairing bikes...what's the need giving birth when you didn't have a plan as to the child's upkeep? the economy has nothing to do with his lredicament...but lack of planning
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by donqx: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2017
oh
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by guvna(m): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
You ought to know how children behave at times, I can bet my two balls that the young lad was doing that just for fun and nothing more.

Okay..Imagine you lost....Now where's your two balls....
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by AnthCunny(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2017
I was already believing the story till I noticed the quotation mark the Op used on the "Repair Motorcycles". And we all knw what that means.
SMH undecided
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by morbeta(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2017
Waiting for his state governor to use him for political gains.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Freeman50(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2017
Wow! this is� impressive
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
This is slavery

this your English them too long......na. grammar u just talk here....nothing dey wrong here if the small pikin dey him papa shop learn....as you dey now, if e pain you too much offer to pay the boy fees...after all you big pass N10k from these grammar you blow here....me i even start from 4 years dey learn computer from my mama self....now I be Oga for software and get a B.sc in geography, PGD n M.sc in History n diplomatic studies, uniport....so wetin be mediocrity here....
well you just won yarn sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Coolcube: 10:34am On Nov 29, 2017
I feel like crying. I wish I could adopt children like this.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by KingRex1(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2017
A cute lil boy
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by 989900: 10:48am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
[s]This is slavery

What lessons are we giving to others[/s]
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:54am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
This is slavery

stop spewing thrash... The whites you so look up to engage their kids in creative and complex things that helps raise the child's iq. The fact that he knows how a motor bike works means that engineering will be piece of cake for him. The Chinese make kids create gadgets or assemble things as projects in school. When most American father's work on their cars, they take their little boys and show them one or two things in mechanical engineering. That was how Lewis Hamilton started off as an F1 racer at a very tender age and today, he is the world best F1 racer thanks to his father who started him out early. Most American kids by the age of 15 already start either building their first cars from scraps at the scrap yard or are already putting life in a piece of junk car to make it work. Oga, it is not wrong to engage a child's brain in complex. Things at a young age. Its cos of people like you that white kids tend to be smarter than ours.

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by sarrki(m): 10:55am On Nov 29, 2017
INDUSTRIALFAN:
stop spewing thrash... The whites you so look up to engage their kids in creative and complex things that helps raise the child's iq. The fact that he knows how a motor bike works means that engineering will be piece of cake for him. The Chinese make kids create gadgets or assemble things as projects in school. When most American father's work on their cars, they take their little boys and show them one or two things in mechanical engineering. That was how Lewis Hamilton started off as an F1 racer at a very tender age and today, he is the world best F1 racer thanks to his father who started him out early. Most American kids by the age of 15 already start either building their first cars from scraps at the scrap yard or are already putting life in a piece of junk car to make it work. Oga, it is not wrong to engage a child's brain in complex. Things at a young age. Its cos of people like you that white kids tend to be smarter than ours.

Mr knowledge

N its this way shay ?
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

Mr knowledge

N its this way shay ?
there's nothing wrong in him trying his hands on working things. Does the boy look unhappy to you? Besides he is under the guidance of his father. You can see then doing homework together in another picture. They re bonding if you ask me. My father is an engineer. Growing up, I remember him always teaching me one or two things about electronics and how they worked. It was fun to learn from him. Today I don't need a mechanic or electrician for every single issue that comes up at home or with my car. I'm good at DIY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The David Oyedepo Foundation Calls For Full Scholarship Applications / Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) / UNILORIN Students Take Selfie With Abdulganiy Ambali, Outgoing Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.