Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 (2444 Views)

The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa / Adaeze Oshi: Nigerian Man Sold Me Into Slavery In Libya, A Stranger Rescued Me / Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by nomoreslavery(f): 8:02am On Nov 29, 2017
I read Last week about the maltreatment on Nigerians working in a factory (INNER GALAXY STEEL COMPANY ABA) at Umuahala, Ukwa West LGA of Abia State...i have decided to go and do investigate journalism since non of our media houses found it fit to go there and find out what is happening there and here are my findings, the said company should not have been giving permit to operate in Nigeria, we have over 200 Chinese working there non where injured for one one, the only ppl on their injury list are Nigerians, Racist, Maltreatment , assault, intimidation, brutality and all sorts of inhuman treatment are the other of the day there.
The architect of these inhuman treatment on Nigerians are: M r Bob PRO dept, Mr Zeng A.K.A Jacky HR/ADMIN dept, they sent Nigeria Soldiers to beat up and abuse Nigerians at will, they stop all kinds of medical and food supply to those injured workers in the Hospital, One KALU FRANCIS is still critically ill with various degrees of burnt in a hospital in Portharcourt (SAVE A LIFE HOSPITAL) by Stadium rd at the Airforce bus stop Portharcourt Rivers State.

Fellow Nigerians our youths are dying , our country has been taken over by the Racist Chinese...... you need to go there and found out things your self no basic amenities for those working there, the suggestions of the blacks there are not taken even if it's the best suggestion, once you are a black you will be relegated to an ordinary person no matter your qualifications and experience .......Nigeria Government come to their aid, Human Right Lawyers Come to their aid......

Another pictures to back up the claims , where soldiers beat up working by the instructions of the Chinese namely : Mr Bob of PRO dept. and Mr Jacky of HR /ADMIN dept.

The first picture is that of Mr Jacky (the Chinese Evil Man who is behind all these bad things).

Followed by those brutalized by soldiers at their beck and call.

Followed by an injured worker

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by NwaAmaikpe: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2017
shocked

Sadly,
The Nigerian government can't and won't do anything about these deadly Chinese employers.

I once tried arresting one Chinese Man who runs a Steel Company at Ajaokuta for importing a substandard crusher parts.

The police was totally helpless and treated him like there were at his mercy.
I understood better when I saw this picture

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by temmytopsy1(f): 8:18am On Nov 29, 2017
this is very sad

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by nomoreslavery(f): 8:43am On Nov 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sadly,
The Nigerian government can't and won't do anything about these deadly Chinese employers.

I once tried arresting one Chinese Man who runs a Steel Company at Ajaokuta for importing a substandard crusher parts.

The police was totally helpless and treated him like there were at his mercy.
I understood better when I saw this picture....do u know the worst it that these Chinese even the novice ones will come to Nigeria and become masters and they will not hesitate to sack any Nigerian who will not address them as masters......the Government officials will come collect brown envelope and live us to die with our fate

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by nomoreslavery(f): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=temmytopsy1 post=62812259]this is very sad[/q

Very Very Very Sad........these Chinese guys do whatever they want all because they have the support of the Governor of Abia State......they believe they can do anything with our ppl and nothing will happen to they, they move around with soldiers and use the same soldiers to molest and brutalize Nigerians working with .......in the same company one Mr. Bob and Mr Jacky will harass, abuse and insult Nigerians working with them at will and you must not complain because if u do u will be sacked ....now there is no job in the country but that shouldn't give these Chinese the audacity to molest and treat us anyhow in our country, once you dress well to the office that day you become an enemy to Mr Jacky he Mr Jacky doesn't like back he is full of racist and evil minded ..........now we are crying who will help us........
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
This is not snake news or Banky w but it is frontpage worthy

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2017
You deserve an award for speaking the truth bro.....these are the type news that should always occupy the front page...we can push there together
crownedrookie:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
This is not snake news or Banky w but it is frontpage worthy

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Equalright247(m): 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
justiceforall:
You deserve an award for speaking the truth bro.....these are the type news that should always occupy the front page...we can push there together
Yes ...these are some of the important issues our government is suppose to look into and save our Children a modern day slavery all in the name of working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Equalright247(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2017
Pls let's push this to the front page, for those in authority see what their youths are passing through in the hands of the Chinese

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 10:50am On Dec 03, 2017
Yes......they must know that they can not come to our country and treat us as second class in our land.....do u know according to investigation, the Chinese eat better and we'll prepared food than that of their Nigeria counterpart, racist everywhere.
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Equalright247(m): 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ofcus urgent action needs to be taken before things get out of hand there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
Please we want this to get to the relevant authority, this is a comfirmed information we have gone there and confirm what Nigerians are going through in the hands of this Chinese
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Please we want this to get to the relevant authority, this is a comfirmed information we have gone there and confirm what Nigerians are going through in the hands of this Chinese [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by meezynetwork(m): 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
Slaves even in their country
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by captainking(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
Please post this in gossipmill on facebook.. It would garner more publicity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Equalright247(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Yea .....I will advise this person to look for another platform that will attack more attention from those in authority, but if the person decides to it in Facebook the person's identify is at stake too
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by nomoreslavery(f): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Matters arising ..... urgent government presence is needed in this company to stop this evil act by these Chinese
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2017
we will never give up in making sure these Chinese pay for whatever bad they have done to our people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Equalright247(m): 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Never no going in making sure that justice is seen done to those working in this factory.....we will petition the National Assembly and the DPA, telling them how these Chinese Guys Mr. Jacky and Bob are treating our people in their own country
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
Still on the investigation conducted so-far, these Chinese don't have a good qualified safety manager in place, no good Clinic in the company for emergency, no good drugs for injured workers, those injured will be forced to take expired malaria drugs, no Nigerian Opinion will be adopted no matter how sensitive it may sound.......

We are still on ground there investigating , will be giving us first hand information as they come in
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by royson112(f): 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
Human rights can be simply defined as legal statements of what human beings require to live fully human lives.The Longman dictionary of contemporary English – New edition (2008) defines right as something that is allowed, i.e if you have the right to do something, you are morally, legally or officially allowed to do it. While the Longman Active study Dictionary New edition (1999) defined it as the ‘political and social freedom that everyone in a country should have’. Based on this definition we can say certain basic rights are guaranteed. According to Equitas (2008) rights are fundamental rights that belong to every person simply because he or she is a human being. Human rights are based on the principle that every human being is born equal in dignity and rights’’.

The Charter of the United Nations(1945) defined it in terms of encouraging universal respect for and observance of the human rights and fundamental freedoms of all human beings, without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights(1948) proclaimed that all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights and that everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in that Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property,birth or other status, The Universal Declaration of Human Rights stated further that everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law, that all are equal before the law and entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law, and that all are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of that Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Human beings have a dignity that elicits respect from laws and social institutions. The idea of human dignity is usually taken to involve an idea of equal worth; rich or poor; rural or urban, female or male, black or white, all are equally deserving of the same measure of respect by virtue of being human. But human dignity is frequently violated on grounds of sex, race, creed or political affiliation, hence the need to evolve certain basic rights to enhance human dignity. Infact, the current global order with emphasis on democracy and protection of rights worldwide has made the need to guarantee rights that are being threatened or eroded in several perspectives mandatory.

Sussman (2014) also noted that Disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind,and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people, but were a search for this inner peace,joy and contentment becomes merely an illusion because of violation of human right or labour act under the auspices of racism,gender,class boundary(with regard to been rich or poor, employer-to-employee status) to rain harrassment and intimidation.
then, this must be curtailed with the appropriate tools of decipline.

To this end, the idea of enhancing the rights of individuals in developing countries, protecting personal rights against undue infringement in developed countries, protecting the rights of workers in the work environment and also enhancing the status and rights of workers and the workplace have become very important issues throughout the world. The rights of citizens to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness require the government to ensure these rights are not been violated on any ground to avoid breeding of undue heated chaotic environment.

The 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria actually covers most if not all the items detailed in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights act (1948). It is a concise document that encompasses the enjoyment of socio-cultural, religious, political and economic rights by the generality of Nigerians. It contains provisions for Fundamental Rights in Chapter IV, Section 33 – 45.
34.(1) Every individual is entitled to respect for the dignity of his person, and accordingly –
(a) no person shall be subject to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment : on
(b) no person shall he held in slavery or servitude; but the climate of things as contained in the article named “ Modern Slavery of Nigerian workers in a chinese Company” depict severe servitude an act that has to be frowned at.
(c) no person shall be required to perform forced of compulsory labour
35 (1) Every person shall be entitled to his personal liberty and no person shall be deprived of such liberty save in the following cases and in accordance with a procedure permitted by law.
Against “this background of maltreatment and racism against Nigerian workers in the company mentioned in the thread “Modern day slavery of Nigeria workers in The hands of Chinese” (Inner Galaxy Steel Company Umahala in Abia state).

I hereby highly prayed the Nigeria authority to investigate this matter to avoid future fracas between Nigeria and its ally China. Because I read that the workers are running out of patience and their young modulus must be at a breaking point , since this can cause a lot of harm to both parties nigeria and china, incase an insurrection occurs between the workers and the chinese expatriate. I greatly fear that the bloodshed will grave to bear and almost inconcillable .

I will also advice the company to repatriate the Man Name “Mr. Zheng( or rather Jacky” Whom the workers are bitterly complaining of ordering intimidation, toture and undue deduction of wages which is a grave offence in Nigeria punishable under the law because it infringes workers right according to the Nigeria labour law. And also the company should also probe both “Mr. Bob of P.RO and that Mr. jacky or rather Zheng of HR/admin office” to secure their image, and should also find a way to make the workers feel at ease by normalizing them or compensating the injured workers in order to avoid wrath from the workers and authority.

I have handled many cases like this as a lawyer and it never went well with companies. I must rest here but I send my advice all the way from UK, its my mandate as a Law practition to comment thou to make sure peace reign, more over this a country(Nigeria) which its blood flow in my vain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
Well illustrated, we are not going back on liberating our ppl.....the Chinese can not take us a ride anymore
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by marooh: 8:49am On Dec 05, 2017
Is ur life stick to them?
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2017
marooh:
Is ur life stick to them?
, so because their lives are not stick to them , they (the Nigerian workers) should die of slavery in their land.....

Pls develop human feeling for once.....ppl suffering there might be any of ur relations , God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by marooh: 12:22am On Dec 06, 2017
justiceforall:
, so because their lives are not stick to them , they (the Nigerian workers) should die of slavery in their land.....

Pls develop human feeling for once.....ppl suffering there might be any of ur relations , God help us

English hardoooooo!

I ask a question...
Is ther life stick with?

What I meant is that if they treat u bad u come back
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by royson112(f): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2017
LET JOIN HANDS TO STOP THIS BARBARIC ACT ON LAND, BY SHARING THIS TO OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES TOO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Equalright247(m): 7:57am On Dec 06, 2017
marooh:

English hardoooooo!

I ask a question...
Is ther life stick with?

What I meant is that if they treat u bad u come back
would coming back stop this barbaric act, does is mean that because you are looking for a job opportunity , you should be turned to a slave in your own land, can they do this in any other African country ........pls think.
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by marooh: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
Equalright247:
would coming back stop this barbaric act, does is mean that because you are looking for a job opportunity , you should be turned to a slave in your own land, can they do this in any other African country ........pls think.
If ur employee treat u bad abeg leave d work for him...
Nawaoooo
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
shocked....your reasons pls
marooh:

If ur employee treat u bad abeg leave d work for him...
Nawaoooo
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Equalright247(m): 11:09am On Dec 07, 2017
All the justice loving Nigerians should speak out now.....before things gets out of hand in this company......as at Today things are still going from bad to worst .....Blacks are subdue , they don't have a voice of their own, they are not allowed to join any union and they sack ppl at will there......they need help there.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by justiceforall: 11:13am On Dec 07, 2017
The Chinese man in the picture should be traced, arrested and detained for these evil he has been committing against the Nigeria Youths
Re: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese Pt2 by Equalright247(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2017
Nairalanders , pls lets speak up against this injustice and inhuman treatment against our people....

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP! I Have Been Defrauded / https://www.nairaland.com / Two Yoruba Boys That Speak Igbo Fluently Arrested In Enugu For Gay Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.