Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

African Leaders And I Must Be President Syndrome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Leaders And I Must Be President Syndrome (359 Views)

I Must See President Buhari - IPOB Member Insists In Japan (Photos) / Pictures Of African Leaders In Japan For TICAD7 / Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Leaders And I Must Be President Syndrome by Alexrayz(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
AFRICAN LEADERS AND THE I MUST BE PRESIDENT SYNDROME
Posted by nickklaus
Ok am going to do something that defies professional ethics and just slam down some raw opinionated piece of thought down society’s throat.

NOTE: THIS IS AN OPINION

While we were still recovering from the bliss of #BAAD2017 and the disheartening discovery that slavery has been ongoing codely in our backyard Libya, former vice president Atiku Abubakar declared his intentions to run for president.

Well this news hit me so hard because Gad damn it, what is it with us and recycled leaders. Its like most old politicians have this I MUST BE PRESIDENT SYNDROME. This comes in light of the event as he left his political party APC to reunite with old flame PDP and they both cemented their unholy union by giving to the Nigerian people a combination of two candidates that their reputation speaks for them alone…Deziani Madueke.

I saw this a few days back but my first thoughts were wetin concern me afterall it’s the same nonsense we will still see after they get into office. but then again I thought about it, I am a Nigerian and it is my duty to demand the best as my choice of leadership and I will say that a combination of our veteran finance minister Deziani and an old timer Atiku in Aso rock was a pretty bad and desperate move by the PDP. Atiku yeah wants his chance to introduce the change he envisions for Nigeria but jumping parties is a big red flag to the people (that’s if they even care sef) and also he has been in the seat of power for a long time, please sir we want someone new, someone fresh with ideas and policies that works.

Goddamnit Nigerians are tired of this same set of people coming under different banners to continue wrecking their havoc on us. Their duty should be mentoring not leading. With current president Buhari indecisive on if he would run for office again amidst numerous supports from the most unlikely of people, the Igbo people one would begin to wonder. what the f@#k is wrong with Nigerians.

When will we ever have a candidate that will inspire the future, when will we ever have someone who is fresh and learned and opinionated to take a stand and lead the giant of Africa to greater heights, we are tired of recycled leaders. The not too young to run bill has been passed yet the platform to run seems like a fairy tale to anyone who dares dream about it.

When will we ever have opinion polls, when will we ever have credible debates to certify the mental capabilities and policies of these aspirants, we are tired of promises of stable light and a few good roads and trips around the world with our favorite the fight against corruption, we should take a stand, vote not for the party but for the candidate, vote not for the money you tend to receive for they won’t cater of your other governmental needs but vote for the future of your children.

I have a pen, I am not a political aspirant, I do not support any political party but I am a Nigerian who loves his country and is tired of the trend of bad government. Let truth be heard, let voices be heard…speak up..speak up..

Nicholas Igunbor

opinion For the Abstract media
Re: African Leaders And I Must Be President Syndrome by Marvel1206: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Not only the "I must be president" but also "I must die in power" syndrome. If only they can have their way; Amending the constitution to extend their tenure would have been common

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Of Honour & Resilience Of OYO State Celebrated / Jonathan Thought I Kidnapped Chibok Girls — Shettima / EXCLUSIVE: Nigerian Government Not Responsible For The Libya Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.