Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp (17950 Views)

Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG / EPL: Why Ronaldo’s Move To Man City Collapsed Before Joining United / Jose Mourinho Gives Conditions To Be Met Before Joining Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by robosky02(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp

Newly capped Super Eagles defender, Bryan Idowu, says he was filled with anxiety and grappled with uncertainty ahead of his first meeting with the Nigerian team, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Idowu had his first experience with the Super Eagles following his invitation to the team for the international friendly encounter against Argentina in Krasnodar on November 14 2017.

The 25-year-old hinted that he was unsure how he would be received by his new teammates after they arrived in Russia for the clash against La Albiceleste.

“There was a feeling that I had come to view. Everything is new, you do not know anybody, nobody knows me, it’s unclear how we will meet, what will be the situation, how I will look in training,” Idowu told Amkar Perm’s official website.

“I watched as a real football fan of John Obi Mikel, who at Chelsea took all the big titles, on Ndidi and Ihenacho, who play in Leicester, Iwobi at London’s Arsenal.

“A lot of good players, whose game I used to watch on TV. And then they greet me and now we are together in the same team.

“The atmosphere and the training process were positive, a lot of jokes during warm-up, for example. And I think everyone saw a video where I played a song on a chair, as traditionally done by all newcomers – this is one of the positive moments that were in the team.”

brian-idowu-super-eagles-completesportsnigeria.com

The defender whose father is Nigerian and mother half Nigerian and half Russian went on to score in the game against Argentina after replacing Ola Aina.

Idowu described the occasion as the best moment of his career in the last two years.

He said: “Over the past two years, the goal for Nigeria, of course, is the brightest event for me because it came in my first match for the country.

“There were a lot of fans inside the stadium.When the ball flew into the goal, I did not even believe that I really managed to score on my debut.

”I was emotional after the game. Everyone was happy for me when I scored, and it’s nice.”

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/idowu-faced-anxiety-uncertainty-joining-super-eagles-camp-first-time/...

4 Likes

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by miqos03: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
Cul
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by HopeAlive14(m): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
Fly, Eagles fly!

I pray you win the World Cup!

26 Likes

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by emmpire: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
good
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by wildcatter23(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Much love and respect bro.

Your goal would go down as one of our super eagles high point.

22 Likes

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by Teewhy2: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Nice one, welcome home.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

2 Likes

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by Felixalex(m): 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
Where's that guy that always used to say...

"When I'm alone I go to the garden and pretend to be a carrot"....?

Has he finally become a carrot for real? cheesy grin cheesy grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by tolulinks(m): 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
From his jubilation he looks like he's been in the team all his life

3 Likes

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by chubbyswit(m): 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
nice one, hope he keeps on improving
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by bigerboy200: 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
It's okay... can we go back to the 2018 budget issue now? People are suffering and Nigerians are been sold for a pot of soup in Libya.. sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by enemyofprogress: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
He is my curseing

1 Like

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by fingard02k(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
HopeAlive14:
Fly, Eagles fly!

You fit dethrone basketmouth dem for comedy ooo grin grin grin

Anyway Mukina2 coman see oo Antoine Griezmann Reveals Why He Will Never Join Arsenal http://www.enzyhub.com/antoine-griezmann-reveals-why-he-will-never-join-arsenal/
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by feezy(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Telemundo
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by chukxie(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
enemyofprogress:
He is my curseing

Cousin, you meant .

3 Likes

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
Felixalex:

grin

Sounds like a fruitcake.

2 Likes

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by enemyofprogress: 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
chukxie:

Cousin, you meant .
anyone, who spelling epp?

3 Likes

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by bastien: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
He was brilliant that day, he has seal his place to Russia already

1 Like

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by JOELIFYO: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
nice game u had bro
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by heykims(m): 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
Felixalex:

May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by chukxie(m): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
enemyofprogress:

No vex oooo!
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by Yinxies(f): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
enemyofprogress:
He is my curseing

grin

Are you starting a new business or trying to expand one? Visit www.itechconsults.com.ng
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by enemyofprogress: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
chukxie:

No vex oooo!
you get okro soup there?abeg borrow me make I take chop dis my akpu wey I chop remain on Sunday,I go return your soup when I cook my own
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by Uyi168: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Try take correction..
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by robosky02(m): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
Why I chose to play for Nigeria over Russia – Brian Idowu

Russia-born defender, Brian Idowu has revealed why he chose to represent Nigeria ahead of his country of birth, Russia.

Idowu, who plays for Amkar Perm made the revelation at the pre-match conference ahead of Nigeria’s friendly game against Argentina on Tuesday.

The 25-year-old said “I feel great (with Nigeria), I have been well received by both players and coaches. The atmosphere is very positive. For me this is a huge chance and experience.

“As for why I’m not playing for Russia, I shouldn’t be asked this question. I want to go to the World Cup for Nigeria, because they believed in me.

“This is important for me and for my parents. If there is a next challenge, then everything will be decided, whether I play in the Russia 2018 World Cup.”

Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by enemyofprogress: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
Uyi168:
Try take correction..
who correction epp?
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by HopeAlive14(m): 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
HopeAlive14:
Fly, Eagles fly!

fingard02k:

Anyway Mukina2 coman see oo Antoine Griezmann Reveals Why He Will Never Join Arsenal http://www.enzyhub.com/antoine-griezmann-reveals-why-he-will-never-join-arsenal/

Be optimistic, bro.
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2017
Felixalex:

grin
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
bros don't think home, because there is failure await you... Zoo cursed
Land of zombies and ass lickers
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by MrOjay1(m): 4:56pm On Nov 29, 2017
shocked
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by lexyman(m): 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
bastien:
He was brilliant that day, he has seal his place to Russia already

until he performs like that consistently , no one has sealed his place .the only player in that team is Mikel ...and if he is injury free
Re: Bryan Idowu: How I Faced Anxiety, Uncertainty Before Joining Super Eagles Camp by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
fingard02k:

What would you want him wish the team?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Giwa FC Has Been Expelled From The NPFL / Sunday Oliseh: Sack Rohr Now Before It’s Too Late / 10 Most Memorable Sporting Moments Of The Year For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.